[Torchwood: Miracle Day] 'The Gathering' - BBC1 9PM (UK Pace)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    BTW, is it just me or did RTD do that voice over at the start?
    He sure did :)
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dazzinator wrote: »
    He sure did :)

Thought so, how fabulous! :)
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the blessing is a what? A swirling load of stone being sucked into a passage way/vortex?
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh the moving blood thing...roll on next week!
    is Jack's blood magnetic? it seemed to be drawn to whatever the blessing was.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely loving this season of Torchwood, tonights episode being my personal favourite so far. This is Torchwood at its best, I'm really impressed :)

I wonder if all the conections with Doctor Who are intentional or just coincidence? Now that we have the extended amount of in universe time passing between tonights and the previous episode and the
    crack
    at the end, did SM write that episode by any chance ;)
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    korbany wrote: »
    Absolutely loving this season of Torchwood, tonights episode being my personal favourite so far. This is Torchwood at its best, I'm really impressed :)

I wonder if all the conections with Doctor Who are intentional or just coincidence? Now that we have the extended amount of in universe time passing between tonights and the previous episode and the
    crack
    at the end, did SM write that episode by any chance ;)

I don't see why that needs to be a spoiler. Posters confuse spoilers with opinions.

I don't think there is a connection to the Doctor Who element but I could be wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    I don't see why that needs to be a spoiler. Posters confuse spoilers with opinions.

I don't think there is a connection to the Doctor Who element but I could be wrong.

Not everyone has seen the episode yet, I didn't want to spoil the ending regarding the
    crack through the world.

I tend to agree it is most likely coincidence, but I am looking forward to all the mad theories anyway :)
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Voice over?! What voice over?! :confused::confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Voice over?! What voice over?! :confused::confused:

The radio broadcast talking about the depression. Jane E confirmed that it was him.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't Gwen hand Oswald Danes over to the police when they came for her dad? Surely it would have been enough of a distraction to stop them taking him there and then. I know that at one point Jack said, "One more word from you and I'll hand you over" and Oswald Danes said if he did, the police would be wondering who Jack was, but if Gwen was worried about that she could have told Jack to leave before she handed Danes over (the policeman said anyone who wanted to could leave).
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tumpy wrote: »
    The radio broadcast talking about the depression. Jane E confirmed that it was him.

Watched that bit on iPlayer again. So it is! :D
  • CanalTuneCanalTune Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Too little too late. One of the biggest disasters in modern tv history cent be saved by a big angry red vagina looking thing. Hell no!
  • trevorptrevorp Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    I presume he never takes a pee either since they don't show him going to the bathroom....:rolleyes:
    Please don't put ideas into their heads.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • GlanbraintGlanbraint Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there must be a second mole in the CIA office.....the hard faced blonde lady is too obvious as the only 'family' agent.
    I wondered about the boss guy played by John De Lancie but then I'm rarely right about these things :o
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    korbany wrote: »
    Not everyone has seen the episode yet, I didn't want to spoil the ending

Well anyone who has not seen the episode yet and who is stupid enough to be reading this thread will obviously find out what has happened :rolleyes:
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    is Jack's blood magnetic? it seemed to be drawn to whatever the blessing was.:confused:

All blood contains iron and is subject to magnetic fields - how strongly it is affected depends on the oxyegen levels in the haemoglobin. Three months ago, Physics World reported on research undertaken in the US which apparently shows that magentic fields could be used to reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes by thinning the blood without the huge risks involved in alternatives such as aspirin or warfarin.

The "thing" however was nothing to do with magnetism - if it was, a field that could attract such a time amount of haemoglobin would have ripped the people and metal objects close to it apart - inverse square law.

Given the context of the Blessing - I'd say it's some sort of polarised effect - it's attracting Jack because he's "opposite" to everyone else.
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    CanalTune wrote: »
    Too little too late. One of the biggest disasters in modern tv history cent be saved by a big angry red vagina looking thing. Hell no!

You've obviously never seen Rooney brought on as a late substitute. :)
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CanalTune wrote: »
    One of the biggest disasters in modern tv history cent be saved by a big angry red vagina looking thing. Hell no!

Let's not dwell on the next publicity stunt conjured up by ITV to promote Red and Black.....;)

Honestly if you think Torchwood is one of the biggest disasters in modern tv history you must have seen very little in the way of tv.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All blood contains iron and is subject to magnetic fields - how strongly it is affected depends on the oxyegen levels in the haemoglobin. Three months ago, Physics World reported on research undertaken in the US which apparently shows that magentic fields could be used to reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes by thinning the blood without the huge risks involved in alternatives such as aspirin or warfarin.

The "thing" however was nothing to do with magnetism - if it was, a field that could attract such a time amount of haemoglobin would have ripped the people and metal objects close to it apart - inverse square law.

Given the context of the Blessing - I'd say it's some sort of polarised effect - it's attracting Jack because he's "opposite" to everyone else.

Jack is the opposite, how is he the opposite and why is he the opposite to everyone?:confused: so what will happen when Jack goes near the Blessing?:confused:
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some good moments all round tonight. The Blessing was hyped up hugely and it did look quite impressive, but so far it does remain simply a big hole in the ground. I'll be interested to see the big reveal next week of just what it is.

I thought the guy rounding up the category 1s was pretty good, I have to say; very much the "only obeying orders" type.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's not dwell on the next publicity stunt conjured up by ITV to promote Red and Black.....;)

Honestly if you think Torchwood is one of the biggest disasters in modern tv history you must have seen very little in the way of tv.

Red or Black is an odd programme, who thought up that idea?
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack is the opposite, how is he the opposite and why is he the opposite to everyone?:confused: so what will happen when Jack goes near the Blessing?:confused:
    He is the opposite (normally) to humans in that they (normally) die and he doesn't; because of this so-called miracle day, things have been turned upside down. Maybe if he goes near the blessing, the world will be righted to as it used to be.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red or Black is an odd programme, who thought up that idea?

Simon Cowell
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    He is the opposite (normally) to humans in that they (normally) die and he doesn't; because of this so-called miracle day, things have been turned upside down. Maybe if he goes near the blessing, the world will be righted to as it used to be.
    I thought that too, maybe it will explode.:confused: a negative in two places..:confused: