Options

The X Factor USA - Live Show Week 7 - Wednesday Dec.7th, 8/7c FOX - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    support Melanie, Josh, Chris....:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    stash22 wrote: »
    and what were intensity, Drew and Astro?

What makes XF different is having contestants older than 25 and allowing groups, plus having mentors/categories - those were the inital selling points and points that got Simon from being sued for alot more money than he was.

Haha oh come on!
    XFactor is about NO AGE LIMITS both ways!
    Seriously the kid is a drama queen, she has been from day one.
    Life isnt all happy endings I'm sure she will be fine when she gets her rumoured Disney contract!
    This show will have given her a future...

Seriously kids need to learn how to deal with rejection and that reaction was ridiculous!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    It happens in the uk every year on these shows and the age limits don't change!

It's her parents fault for not preparing her for the worst and telling her life isn't over it's just a tv show!

Not being funny but you Americans tend to be a little over dramatic...
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next weeks elimination is going to be so boring unless its Melanie and she starts praying to god and talking jive
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    benami311 wrote: »
    To the XF conspiracy theorists...do you really think that Simon had planned to lose Drew AND Rachel in successive weeks to Marcus?:rolleyes:

He only needs one contestant to win, and Melaine is his strongest and has a good chance of winning. I honestly dont think he cared about getting Rachel to the final and certainly wasnt expecting her to ever win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bingoes wrote: »
    Next weeks elimination is going to be so boring unless its Melanie and she starts praying to god and talking jive
    It will be fun when America votes Marcus in the finale instead of Chris. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He only needs one contestant to win, and Melaine is his strongest and has a good chance of winning. I honestly dont think he cared about getting Rachel to the final and certainly wasnt expecting her to ever win.
    True, the judges decision and deadlock has always been used to thin out the competition so that the best ones have better chance to win it. Rachel had the better chance, Drew had the better chance than Marcus to win it.

But Melanie was going to win from the get go, so it's just unnessessary risks to keep the better ones in, as it doesn't matter at what time they go, as they will still get the same success afterwards, based on the potential and whatnots.
  • Options
    Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    benami311 wrote: »
    In fairness, you get issues such as with Misha B. where the public votes were not really connected to her performances. Chris has given crappy performances all season save last night, but skated by thanks to a sympathetic audience, and he should have been in B2 more times than Marcus if we're basing it on performance.

The weird thing here, though, is not only was this Rachel's first trip to B2, but like you said, I thought she ripped Marcus to shreds with her save me song. I wonder if Nicole was under the impression that Marcus got the fewest votes, and she was trying to play nice and was as surprised as the next person with result?:confused:

To the XF conspiracy theorists...do you really think that Simon had planned to lose Drew AND Rachel in successive weeks to Marcus?:rolleyes:
    I do see your point, but I don't think it really works that way. If someone likes Cheryl Cole for example, they're not going to be deterred from buying her CD just because she's not as good a singer as say Adele. I don't like gravelly male vocals, so it's not really much of a surprise that Josh is perpetually skirting the bottom of my rankings each week (although I maintain that he's a stranger to melody regardless). People who like Chris aren't really expecting perfect vocals from him. It's more about the lazy vibe he's creating. Marcus, however, has no such get out clause. People are only expecting him to sing well, but in reality he seldom does.

I don't feel inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt. I think it was purely tactical. One more week with Marcus left in the competition is very probably a banker for a spot in the final for Josh. And given her abject failure to impress throughout, she surely needs him to win to have any viable opportunity of returning next year.

I don't think he wanted either to be gone so prematurely. Even if they don't win, the longer they remain in the competition the more marketable they'd be should he decide to sign them. And arguably there's more money to be made from those two than any of the rest (other than perhaps Brian).
    Albion1984 wrote: »
    Oh grow up!

Simon didn't force them to audition, if they can't handle pressure don't audition.
    Irony is often best when unintentional.

He allowed them to, and was fully aware of the potential outcome thanks to BGT.
    Albion1984 wrote: »
    Haha oh come on! XFactor is about NO AGE LIMITS both ways!
    It has a lower age limit of 12.
    I disagree. Even on US forums, Melanie is regarded as a great singer but old-fashioned and not marketable. Bigger talents than her have come out of AI, but not been commercially successful. Melinda Doolittle, for example. There's money to be made from Rachel, however - even if it's via television rather than music.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry, everyone, I laughed hysterically. Schadenfreude at its finest.

Top 5 Results Recap!
    http://www.pleasedeletenow.com/2011/12/08/the-x-factor-usa-top-5-results/

Hope you enjoy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicole is USELESS USELESS USELESS///// you're getting paid to judge. JUDGE!

--- serves Simon right, Cheryl was at
    's audition. If she was on the panel tonight, she would have saved
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree. Even on US forums, Melanie is regarded as a great singer but old-fashioned and not marketable. Bigger talents than her have come out of AI, but not been commercially successful. Melinda Doolittle, for example. There's money to be made from Rachel, however - even if it's via television rather than music.
    I'm sorry but this made me laugh. :D

Melinda was my favourite in AI6, but she had experience rather than talent, sorry. As good as she was, she had performed all 30 years of her life, being backing singer, singing constantly. Experience was what she had. And her looks/ star persona wasn't really marketable at all. That's why she was, a backing singer.

Now, real talent is to effortlesly outsing everybody, every week, being only 19 year old college student. And trust me, Melanie is marketable.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    melanie`s version of `when you believe` was the performance of the season for me. i wasn't paying attention with the tv on in the background and i couldn't believe how good it was.:eek: within the first few notes i sat down and i was glued to tv. :)
  • Options
    HotasfireHotasfire Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    :eek: That poor little girl...and on live television in front of millions of viewers:(

I have no respect $imon Cowell....He doesn't care at all...He just wanted a female 'Bieber' for himself...and i can already see that he sees the next Leona in 'Melanie'...Which means Leona will be passed over...He already has her doing more covers just like the way he did with Westlife...No musical growth or longevity, just the safe bland choice that just sucks the life/talent out of you...He's a vampire of the music industry:mad:

Also, wasn't he bragging a few weeks ago about how the public are wrong about young kids not being able to handle the pressure and he's giving them such a wonderful opportunity...and look at the 'mature' Rachel....YES SIMON, LOOK AT THAT LITTLE GIRL....

a total trainwreck to watch, and Steve is out of his depth...He's like a Male Konnie...and sometimes you wonder if he knows he's being patronizing, or even cares...

God the US version is awful, and the judges Suuuck.....Well, at least when i watch it I'm reminded of the reason i always thought Simon was an awful mentor:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    melanie`s version of `when you believe` was the performance of the season for me. i wasn't paying attention with the tv on in the background and i couldn't believe how good it was.:eek: within the first few notes i sat down and i was glued to tv. :)
    Now that I listened it to the second time, it wasn't really shaky at all what I thought when listening it on the bad stream for the first time.

Actually that was once again a great performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon seems to think it's okay

@SimonCowell Simon Cowell
    Rachel went out on a high tonight. Thanks to everyone who voted for her. @iamrachelcrow @TheXFactorUSA
    58 minutes ago via Twitterrific Favorite Retweet Reply
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jiopsi wrote: »

I really really really hope they do that, the backlash from viewers would be great. Marcus could kill them all though and still not make the final :p.
  • Options
    TTMaxTTMax Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    I know I'm bad, but Rachel's exit was highly amusing. I wonder if she was bawling over the lack of a $5m prize more than anything else. She may be young, but she surely realises by now that she's in a heck of a privileged position. Feel sorry for her because of her age? You must be kidding me.

Still, she was outdone in the tears and drama department by the wholly awful Nicole, who surprised me by not throwing herself to the floor in similar fashion after her plan to send Marcus home without saying it seemingly backfired.

So we've had religious outbursts, sulky rappers, screaming kids, robotic hosts, useless judges, (think LA "so...that was really good..." Reid) I wonder if Simon misses American Idol?
  • Options
    JJJ_finlandJJJ_finland Posts: 9,044
    Forum Member
    bingoes wrote: »
    jiopsi wrote: »

Next week, bottom two will be Marcus and Melanie...... And after her safesong Melanie will start pointing at Simon screaming "Thank you, thank you. Simon................... Simon.................You don't know...... YOU DON'T KNOW what it means to me that you..... YOU gave me a second chance" Audience starts to chant "Me-lanie, Me-lanie"

Nicole will take out her hanky and starts bawling "I can't do this again... I'm sorry Marcus. I'm sending you home"

Steve will lift his hand up, Melanie will start gesturing to the skies saying "Hallelujah....... SIMON.... SIMON..... You don't know what this means to me"

And nobody will notice that all the while L.A. and Marcus are thanking the peole who have voted :D
  • Options
    Jade EmpressJade Empress Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    drakephil wrote: »
    Really telling of the "You promise" and "you promise" that something is cooked up for the show. ;)

actually her mum was telling her "it's ok" then rachel kept saying that. then you can hear her mum say " I promise its gonna be okay"
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    actually her mum was telling her "it's ok" then rachel kept saying that. then you can hear her mum say " I promise its gonna be okay"

Of course she'll be OK. She wasn't run down by a car or struck down with a fatal illness. She just experienced what it's like not to win. That's all. A useful lesson for life.

And she will be snapped up by some commercial organisation and rake in a fortune for interviews.
  • Options
    toribaynestoribaynes Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i watched the elimination on youtube and i do agree they should raise the age limit BUT before steve called her name out she had a bit of a smirk on her face as if she thought she was not going home? when he read her name the look of shock on her face was unreal it might have been better if she had gone in an earlier round then it probably wouldnt have hurt her as much as knowing she wasnt going through to the semis
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    :eek:It was hard to watch Rachel break down like that, I honestly thought she was going to make the final 3 along with Josh and Melanie. Melanie should righteously walk away with the title now. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toribaynes wrote: »
    i watched the elimination on youtube and i do agree they should raise the age limit BUT before steve called her name out she had a bit of a smirk on her face as if she thought she was not going home? when he read her name the look of shock on her face was unreal it might have been better if she had gone in an earlier round then it probably wouldnt have hurt her as much as knowing she wasnt going through to the semis

I was going to watch this tonight but channel 5 spoilt it by putting it on the news, I agree with every thing you say by the way. I actually didn't like her from the start she always came across as smug
  • Options
    toribaynestoribaynes Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i really think marcus should go next week i def think hes had his last lifeline now i think chris, josh and melanie would be a good final 3 i didnt mind chris before but i really liked him after last nights performance he should def stick to doing original material ive listened to some of his songs on youtube and they are pretty good but josh is my fave out of them all
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Chris, Melanie and Josh final three would be a fantastic result, i'm hoping Chris does more of his own material. I'm glad America has seen sense and kicked out the kids.