Khan vs Peterson - official thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
Forum Member
Getting excited now it's close!

Khan has a great chance to earn a lot of respect and fans by beating an American in his hometown!

He is clearly the better fighter with roach in his corner!
His hand speed will be too much for Peterson I think.

Prediction: khan win by KO round 3

Comments

• Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Albion1984 wrote: »

Khan has a great chance to earn a lot of respect and fans by beating an American in his hometown!

He beat Malignaggi in New York......

Anyways, not really pumped up for this fight like i was Marg vs Cotto, i'll go for Khan TKO in 10.

Who is on the undercard?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is the fight pay for view?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sky sports 1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sky sports 1

thank you :)
  • deadbeat herodeadbeat hero Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

nah mate, I think you're really underestimating Peterson. I think Khan will take this but it won't be easy. If Khan gets any sort of stoppage at any stage of this fight it will be a massive achievement. Peterson can box really smart and he's a tough so and so.Victor Ortiz couldn't put him away and Ortiz hits harder than Khan. He also gave Tim Bradley the toughest fight of his career. He's just not the kind of dude that gets put away in 3 rounds.

If he does stop him early, wow that would be some statement in the guys hometown. It would easily be the biggest win of his career. I think i'd consider him a p4p ranked fighter if he did that. Given that Bradley doesn't seem to want any part of Khan, you'd have to consider that 140lb division conquered for Khan, and he could move up to Welter with a clear conscience that he didn't duck anybody at 140.

I'm gonna go for Khan by UD, which would still be a very good win. Hope you're right though!
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Just hoping it's not one of those nights where there's a lot of hype behind Khan only for him to get caught or somehow come out on the losing side.

Personally the fight favors him all day long IMO. It'll certainly be an interesting one to say the least (and with a win, I still hope Khan can finally get the fight with Bradley, who seems to be avoiding it at all costs). If I had to go out on a limb, I'd go Khan inside six rounds. Massive praise going around for Khan right now so he needs to live up to that if he wants to really continue the brilliant run he's on.
  • markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Khan will win but Peterson is a very skilful technical boxer. He's very talented and will cause Khan some problems. That being said I see it being stopped around eight with Khan landing a flurry of unreturned punches. Going to be one for the purists that for sure!
  • scorerscorer Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    What time GMT will the actual fight take place?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scorer wrote: »
    What time GMT will the actual fight take place?

it's always difficult to say, because you just don't know what will happen on the undercard. But it's an east coast fight so there's none of that 5:30am bullshit. I'd say some time between 2:30 and 3.30.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would just be the best early xmas present if Peterson just did a Prescott on Khan tonight! :D:D:D

But sadley it wont be the case Khan to win in the 5th for me! :(:(:(
  • GuardianistaGuardianista Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All rather quiet in here - must all be Celeb Dancing fans.

I'm a bit concerned Amir could cop one - let's hope he's on his guard at all times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would just be the best early xmas present if Peterson just did a Prescott on Khan tonight! :D:D:D

But sadley it wont be the case Khan to win in the 5th for me! :(:(:(

Nah, it would be a disaster for British boxing if Khan loses his belts. Remember there's a really good chance Froch will lose his title next week (hope he doesn't) which would leave Cleverly as our only boxer with full world champion status. In June we had 5!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's always difficult to say, because you just don't know what will happen on the undercard. But it's an east coast fight so there's none of that 5:30am bullshit. I'd say some time between 2:30 and 3.30.

they've just said 4am on the local news, which seems a little late to me for an east coast fight.

I think I'm just gonna watch it when I get up tomorrow.
  • scorerscorer Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What time does it actually start? Is it going to be 2am because it is in america?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be 4am-5am.

Marg Cotto started at around 5 minutes past 5.

This fight isn't worth staying up until 5am for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    From Amir Khan Via Twitter:

Ring entrance due at 3.50am gmt.

I think Peterson has a chance if he can get on the inside and fight khan but I highly doubt that will happen.

Since Roach took over Amir doesn't let anyone near him, his hand speed and power will come through tonight

Read this apparently he is in amazing shape:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2072299/Amir-Khan-looking-forward-birthday-bash.html
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was indifferent to this fight when it was announced, but I might stay up for it now. Peterson is certainly a more live opponent than the version of Judah that Khan fought.
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peterson is a lot better as an inside fighter than Amir, whereas Khan is a better long range fighter. It will be down to who controls distance the best!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This Theophane v Murphy on the under card is a good fight.

Theophane doesn't seem to know what to do with this brawler.
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unlucky for Murphy, it was always coming though after he started out at such a pace. No problems with the stoppage either, he was gone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Khan talking out of his ass as usual.
  • Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Khan talking out of his ass as usual.

Damn right, I just woke up lol, coulda had a bit more kip.:sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could never wake up at this time. Just spend all night watching only fools and horses and stuffing my face.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think Peterson has a chance if he can get on the inside and fight khan but I highly doubt that will happen.

Since Roach took over Amir doesn't let anyone near him, his hand speed and power will come through tonight

Read this apparently he is in amazing shape:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2072299/Amir-Khan-looking-forward-birthday-bash.html

hope it hurries up. just in from a night out and not sure i can stay awake any longer. Want Khan to win