Options

I didn't like Tulisa at all.

TIvsTIPTIvsTIP Posts: 192
Forum Member
I'm sorry I know this forum loved her but I didn't.
Her musical knowledge was often woefully inept, and her advice on vocals and how to improve was nonexistent and when it was, it was unhelpful. She never once helped her acts vocally.

Everyone says she was amazing but Both Nu Vibe and The Risk perished under her. Little Mix was a mixture of luck, producer input (scripted speaches)and the input/advice of judges like Gary andKelly. Oh and jesy because people felt sorry for her. The other girls serned nice too. Simon even said at the beginning he wanted a group to win.

Personalitywise, Tulisa came across as very manipulative abd far too savvy for my liking.. Purposely trying to sabotage Misha over something that was a nothing spat.
She lost tons of support amongst her musical peers. Sensing she may have lost the "urban" crowd, she tried to compensate by saving Misha and have the cameras film her cooking carribean food, with a carribean beverage. Tulisa also used tears when Misha was finally eliminated.. which is odd because Tulisa hated her.

She knew how to play the press game: Tulisa went to the press on 2 occasions to slag off a fellow judge.

She also looks miserable and has been put into ill-fitting and frankly bizarre looking outfits.

Comments

• Options
    HotasfireHotasfire Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Lil Mix deserved their win but THIS...This..THIS
  • Options
    86lphillips86lphillips Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wrong, just wrong.
  • Options
    digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole post is a pile of crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How is the post a pile of crap?

Didn't Kelly advise lm about their harmonies? Gary and Kelly telling them to sing stripped back/accapella?

Simon did mention wanting a group to win this year.

Tulisa did go to the press to talk bad about Kelly. There are quotes attributed to her.

I'm not saying Tulisa is evil personified but this is a person who wanted what she wanted regardless who got hurt/ humiliated.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TIvsTIP wrote: »
    How is the post a pile of crap?

Didn't Kelly advise lm about their harmonies? Gary and Kelly telling them to sing stripped back/accapella?

Simon did mention wanting a group to win this year.

Tulisa did go to the press to talk bad about Kelly. There are quotes attributed to her.

I'm not saying Tulisa is evil personified but this is a person who wanted what she wanted regardless who got hurt/ humiliated.

I think you're spot on here. But it was clear how much LM winning meant to her, I think she genuinely likes those girls and will keep in touch.

However the other judges were crap too. I think Kelly meant well but her Americanisms annoyed people. Louis called a contestant a bully. Gary was smug and used dirty tactics. Tulisa attempted sabotage and lacked decent knowledge about music and was all about the "sob story" with Little Mix.

None of them excelled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also Gary said Perrie is the strongest vocalist and should come forward as the lead...

Low and behold, week after week after that comment Perrie becomes the dominant vocalist...All 4 sang solo parts, but Perrie was clearly the lead...

In the final she sang the most...Yet Tulisa said all 4 were leads...Well Tulisa is gonna have a rude awakening when they meet the label, and head into the studio to record...I wonder who will be the Nadine of the group...and it will happen.

Also, kelly talking about 'En vogue'...Low and behold, Lil Mix sing Don't let go.

As for the papers...In all fairness to Tulisa...No proof she gave those interviews.

As for her musical knowledge...She is completely lost....Rock week was awful, and Aretha was embarrassing...Also her song choices were generic and samey week after week...Yet she criticized Marcus for 2 similar performances, when her own act was doing the same week after week.

I don't mind her really....If she's back next year...I'll be fine with it....The only thing i dislike about her is her inability to take responsibility and admit when she is wrong.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tulisa has done the impossible. She got a girlband into the final and win!

She has had a big input over thier songs, image and which market they were appealing to.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotasfire wrote: »
    Also Gary said Perrie is the strongest vocalist and should come forward as the lead...

Low and behold, week after week after that comment Perrie becomes the dominant vocalist...All 4 sang solo parts, but Perrie was clearly the lead...

In the final she sang the most...Yet Tulisa said all 4 were leads...Well Tulisa is gonna have a rude awakening when they meet the label, and head into the studio to record...I wonder who will be the Nadine of the group...and it will happen.

Also, kelly talking about 'En vogue'...Low and behold, Lil Mix sing Don't let go.

As for the papers...In all fairness to Tulisa...No proof she gave those interviews.

As for her musical knowledge...She is completely lost....Rock week was awful, and Aretha was embarrassing...Also her song choices were generic and samey week after week...Yet she criticized Marcus for 2 similar performances, when her own act was doing the same week after week.

I don't mind her really....If she's back next year...I'll be fine with it....The only thing i dislike about her is her inability to take responsibility and admit when she is wrong.

Agree with all this too :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have gone right off Tulisia. I can't stand the evil witch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her musical knowledge was often woefully inept, and her advice on vocals and how to improve was nonexistent and when it was, it was unhelpful. She never once helped her acts vocally.

Everyone says she was amazing but Both Nu Vibe and The Risk perished under her. Little Mix was a mixture of luck, producer input (scripted speaches)and the input/advice of judges like Gary andKelly. Oh and jesy because people felt sorry for her. The other girls serned nice too. Simon even said at the beginning he wanted a group to win.

Personalitywise, Tulisa came across as very manipulative abd far too savvy for my liking.. Purposely trying to sabotage Misha over something that was a nothing spat.
    She lost tons of support amongst her musical peers. Sensing she may have lost the "urban" crowd, she tried to compensate by saving Misha and have the cameras film her cooking carribean food, with a carribean beverage. Tulisa also used tears when Misha was finally eliminated.. which is odd because Tulisa hated her.

She knew how to play the press game: Tulisa went to the press on 2 occasions to slag off a fellow judge.

She also looks miserable and has been put into ill-fitting and frankly bizarre looking outfits.

Any chance she may just like Carribean food? And how is her cooking it on camera means of compensating for fearing she's lost her 'urban following'? Are all urban music fans Carribean then?
    Also how do you know she HATED Misha? Did she tell you herself?
    I do like Tulisa and while I agree she's been far from the perfect judge, that part of your post just made no sense whatsoever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    Tulisa has done the impossible. She got a girlband into the final and win!

She has had a big input over thier songs, image and which market they were appealing to.

^This :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    :D at haters. T more than proved what an excellent mentor she is, and more than proved she's the best singer on that panel (well can't vouch for Louis I suppose!). duku yourself T! ayyyyy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    xerxesduku wrote: »
    :D at haters. T more than proved what an excellent mentor she is, and more than proved she's the best singer on that panel (well can't vouch for Louis I suppose!). duku yourself T! ayyyyy

I have absolutely no ill will towards Tulisa...But if you think she's the best singer on that panel...Well you are deluded...She's the 3rd best singer on that panel, but she has better breath control than Kelly.
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Her musical knowledge was often woefully inept

The only grounds you have for that claim is that she didn't know the song Think.
    and her advice on vocals and how to improve was nonexistent and when it was, it was unhelpful. She never once helped her acts vocally.

Conjecture. We don't know what goes on backstage. But honestly, highly unlikely to be true.
    Everyone says she was amazing but Both Nu Vibe

New Vibe were basically sacrificial lambs for the Risk to do better. Week 1 of voting death slot proves it. Plus they just weren't that good...
    and The Risk perished under her.

She did go the wrong way with the Risk's songs. But I think people kind of stopped noticing them anyway when Little Mix came more to the forefront as "the group" of this year in week 4.
    Little Mix was a mixture of luck, producer input (scripted speaches)and the input/advice of judges like Gary andKelly. Oh and jesy because people felt sorry for her. The other girls serned nice too. Simon even said at the beginning he wanted a group to win.

And good performances. You don't win based on luck or sob stories. Sure you might get far, but win? No. And the voting statistics showed LM were frontrunners from a fairly early point in the competition. Even before Don't Let Go.

Misha was bottom so many times because she wasn't liked. Her voice wasn't, her personality wasn't and her performances weren't. They were technically good, but that's all they were for a lot of people. Tulisa had nothing to do with Misha B being a fail, it just so happens she did make a comment, giving her fans to have something to fall back on in arguments. I'm sure if she'd said nothing something else would have been found to excuse why the public didn't like Misha.

Oh the press... Always so honest and reliable.

Really? That's quite a weak ending to your rant there.
  • Options
    DreamingDanDreamingDan Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should have been axed for her comments about Misha.
    That was completely unprofessional and out of order.
  • Options
    saucy gitsaucy git Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

don't forget Louis also.

Both of them should have apologised publicly on TV. No matter what they've heard or thought of Micha it should have been delt backstage, to let it come out during the show is unprofessional and spiteful.

Having said that I don't hate Tulisa, but the "Aretha" thing got me well peeved off to say the least :mad:
    but she does represent a different music generation and you do need to have different kinds of judges on the panel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    I was so happy when she it was announced she would be on the panel, and she hasn't let me down :)

I love her and love her dedication to LM. She also never showed any favouritism when she had the other acts which was refreshing. I'd love to see her back next year! :)

Also love how she always stood up for her little muffin Louis when Kelly and Gary looked down their nose at him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I’m in the middle (agree with some of what you’ve said, disagree with other points):
    Agreed. She hadn’t heard “Think” and her input on rock week was quite shocking, I would have hoped a judge would have more musical knowledge. But, I do respect Tulisa for being honest enough to admit she hadn’t heard Think before. I also wonder if perhaps Tulisa's unpretentious approach has left people feeling that Tulisa is more in touch with the X Factor target audience than the other judges.

Agreed, it’s fairly logical (and obvious) to say that Little Mix winning the competition was due to more than just Tulisa’s input. I do think Tulisa was quite savvy with her “they won’t steal your boyfriends” approach (I suspect this had quite an impact on the outcome of the competition), but as a female I personally felt it patronising, and my opinion of Tulisa took a dive.

The problem with all of that, is it’s just your opinion. You don’t “know” (as in, factual knowledge) that Tulisa “hated” Misha, or that Tulisa cooked Caribbean food deliberately in order to sway public opinion of her. You also don’t know Tulisa’s intent was ever to “sabotage” Misha. To my eyes it looked more like an unprofessional gaff than a deliberate attack, but again, all of that is just personal opinion.

Everyone involved in the X Factor is involved in the press. And Tulisa’s wardrobe is something that can easily be changed and has no bearing on whether or not I like her in her role as judge.
  • Options
    geraldinemariageraldinemaria Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I find this post completely unacceptable. I appreciate liking someone is subjective, I for example don't like Kelly but realise that is down to me and how she comes across to me and though I feel there are objective reasons for not me not liking her I couldn't really be bothered mentioning them as I'm sure others would disagree. I wouldn't dream however of just using conjecture and my imagination to basically make up reasons not to like Kelly as the PO has with Tulisa.

* Tulisa didn't know the origin of one song.
    * How can you say she never helped her acts vocally? Were you present when she was with her acts?
    * Acts perished under all of the judges until the last one standing, the winner, er Little Mix who happened to be mentored by er Tulisa.
    * No producer input for Mischa B and her sob story?
    * For manipulative read clever and able to get Little Mix to the final and win and I see you agree as savvy, your word, does mean well informed and perceptive.
    * How do you know it was a nothing spat? Yet again, were you there?
    * How do you know she lost tons of support amongst her musical peers? You seem to have an awful lot of knowledge that the rest of us aren't privvy too.
    * She saved Misha because she likes "urban" music and artists. Is that really too hard to believe?
    * I think it is absolutely atrocious for you to suggest she blatantly lied about liking a certain type of food and using that on camera in such a despicable way. But wait it is just your opinion because you don't know, just like everything else.
    * How do you know Tulisa hated Mischa? You've made your opinion about a situation as fact and imo it's a disgrace.
    * I don't know about Tulisa going to the press but I know about Mischa doing so. Interestingly enough to say that she was in fact a bully.
    * She looks miserable. Your own personal opinion again, and again out of order.

I'm disgusted with your post. It's full of bile and prejudice and offers nothing otherwise.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Only reason i went of her tbh, that was not classy at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't say she pretended to like carribean food but it's clear that footage was orchestrated for the camera. Everything down to mentioning the traditional dish of "currygoat" and cans -a drink sold in carribean food stores- ting to wash it down. People were accusing Tulisa of all sorts when it happened. N dubz is dependent to an extent of having the carribean community on side.(for lack of better term). Misha is from a carribean back ground. Tulisa a non carribean/African woman could have been seen to have used the carribean/African demographic of Uk/grime but couldn't wait to step/throw one under a bus in order to further herself.. So overcompensated and felt she had a duty.. Hell it worked for eminem when he pissed off black America. Look at how dappy championed Misha like no tomorrow on twitter after the incident.

How do I know it was just a spat? Because each contestant ridiculed claims of a rift with Misha. It could be that Misha and Tulisa had an argument hence her "me and you are cool now"(maybe Misha hurt Tulisa pride)

The press reports had quotes from Tulisa. Yes they all know how to play the press game to an extent but Kelly is a foreigner, she's only realized the English media is evil. Tulisa is British born and raised and has a better idea of the press here. Why throw Kelly under a bus and try to make it about her when Kelly was ill in America and make snide comments? Tulisa has form. She and her Band have done it before! Had Tulisa been a foreign judge in America and Kelly did that to her, that would have been wrong too.

She doesn't seem to understand that rock has numerous ballads, and gave little mix and the risk pop songs.
    Tulisa used to give Misha some strange looks even after
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    I cringe every time I hear the word muffin from now on. A lot of people I know hate her! Outside of DS I think Kelly may have been more preferred, well at least she is out of everyone I know,
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was totally out of order with her comments to Misha and her failure to apologise compounded the problem. I suspect that she felt guilty about it and may have meant that Misha was sure of her vote to save in the sing offs.

Apart from that I didn't have a problem with her.
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bethm121 wrote: »
    I cringe every time I hear the word muffin from now on. A lot of people I know hate her! Outside of DS I think Kelly may have been more preferred, well at least she is out of everyone I know,

Most I know like Gary and dislike Tulisa. DS is famously out of touch with public opinion, so it could be the case.
  • Options
    bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like her, never have, the thought of her being on next year has already put me off watching.

One thing I hate dis that look on her face when someone other than her acts was performing. Like she's being forced sit there. An absolute misery.

Even Tweeedy is preferable to Tulisa