Options

American Horror Story - Asylum (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this episode so much! :)

Alma killing Grace has to be the most shocking moment of the season so far for me, it just knocked me for six. :eek:

I loved when we discovered we'd jumped forward two years, you really never know what's going to happen next on this show! :D Poor Jude. :(

Lana turning into a selfish bitch was a shame, but I think she'll redeem herself next week in the finale. I hope so anyway.

I'm not sure if Pepper is truly dead, her arc with the aliens didn't seem finished. Although, perhaps Grace's death meant she no longer had a purpose (protecting her), and so she had to die?

Looking forward to how this crazy (pun intended :D) story ends! :)
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was singing 'He used to give me roses'.

Reminded me a lot of Prisoner Cell Block H.

:)
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another fantastic episode. Each segment worked wonderfully and I liked how they moved time forward with each. Jude's segment was pretty poignant, her loss of over two years and complete descent into madness.

And yeah - Alma killing Grace was a shocker:eek:

Next week is going to be fantastic! I just hope they explain the aliens and that they do tie in!!
  • Options
    UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if Pepper is truly dead, her arc with the aliens didn't seem finished. Although, perhaps Grace's death meant she no longer had a purpose (protecting her), and so she had to die?

It was said Pepper died in 1966, but Grace didn't die until 1967.

Jude's story is tragic. I hope Lana reverts back to how she was, but it's understandable how and why she changed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ulfgeirr wrote: »
    It was said Pepper died in 1966, but Grace didn't die until 1967.

Jude's story is tragic. I hope Lana reverts back to how she was, but it's understandable how and why she changed.

Oh, the time skip confused me then. :D:o So, all of Pepper's scenes in this episode were hallucinations then?
  • Options
    brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I really hope Lana doesn't die in the last episode :( but something tells me it'll happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I felt so bad for Jude this episode. Her mental illness was perfectly demonstrated when she didn't know two years had passed. They must be on some strong drugs in Briarcliff.

I'm kind of glad Lana has some celebrity on the back of something so tragic. I have a feeling she will do all she can to free Jude now she knows her death was faked. I just hope her little shit of a son doesn't get his hands on her!

I'm still none the wiser about the alien stuff. Alma is now a mental patient at Briarcliff for killing Grace? I'm not sure any of it was necessary or added anything to the overall story. In fact that entire storyline could have been scrapped for more Lilly Rabe and Frances Conroy scenes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dylan McDermott and the storyline of Kit/Alma/Grace ruined the recent episode. I liked seeing the ruthless side of Lana.
    I think Lily Rabe and Frances Conroy have been the best things about the entire season. Still gutted SME was killed off.

This show is anything but fantastic. :rolleyes: it has brilliant moments but the storylines are a mess.

I guess I'll reserve my full judgement until next week.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, the time skip confused me then. :D:o So, all of Pepper's scenes in this episode were hallucinations then?

I don't think they were hallucinations - I think the idea was that they happened, just not when Jude thought they did. In effect, we saw what happened a few years back (when Pepper was alive and the Monsignor left) but Jude thought it had only happened the previous week (probably because her mind snapped after the Monsignor broke his promise - she kept reliving that promise and expecting him to release her because she couldn't handle still being there).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    I don't think they were hallucinations - I think the idea was that they happened, just not when Jude thought they did. In effect, we saw what happened a few years back (when Pepper was alive and the Monsignor left) but Jude thought it had only happened the previous week (probably because her mind snapped after the Monsignor broke his promise - she kept reliving that promise and expecting him to release her because she couldn't handle still being there).

Aah, that makes sense, thanks! :)

I'm assuming the inmate who looked like the Angel was imaginary though? I mean, she lilkely existed, but didn't actually look like Jude saw her?

This has really made me think a lot. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    oops wrong thread. Sorry. Please ignore
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just reading an article about the finale, and apparently only one person survives it! :eek:

I'd bet either Lana or Jude. Probably Lana.

Cannot wait! And I'm so happy a third season has been commissioned. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aah, that makes sense, thanks! :)

I'm assuming the inmate who looked like the Angel was imaginary though? I mean, she lilkely existed, but didn't actually look like Jude saw her?

This has really made me think a lot. :D

No problem and yep, that's right. She was completely gone, mentally throughout the whole episode - she was seeing the cellmate as 'the Angel of Dead' purely because she was so far gone and paranoid.
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched this expecting that it would be Grace who went psycho-killer, but it turned out to be Alma!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    No problem and yep, that's right. She was completely gone, mentally throughout the whole episode - she was seeing the cellmate as 'the Angel of Dead' purely because she was so far gone and paranoid.

Thanks for the clarification. :)
    kimotag wrote: »
    I watched this expecting that it would be Grace who went psycho-killer, but it turned out to be Alma!:eek:

Haha, it was a shocker, wasn't it? That's what I love about this show. :D

I think the anthology format means that they can do whatever that want, as it won't impact on the following season, which is why you literally never know what's coming next. :)
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I was just reading an article about the finale, and apparently only one person survives it! :eek:

I'd bet either Lana or Jude. Probably Lana.

Cannot wait! And I'm so happy a third season has been commissioned. :)
    Lana came across very badly in the latest episode, so wouldn't be surprised if part of their plan is to cause viewers to be less annoyed when they kill her off. I expect the survivor to be Jude!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Lana came across very badly in the latest episode, so wouldn't be surprised if part of their plan is to cause viewers to be less annoyed when they kill her off. I expect the survivor to be Jude!

OK then,
    I'm putting my money on Kit surviving - he is special to the aliens, Lana I think will end up dead by her son, Jude will die in a redemptive moment of some sort, finally calling to the Angel of Death and The Monsignor/Cardinal will die a horrible death - hopefully at the hands of Jude.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it, love the show.

Bit confused though, how old is Lana meant to be?
    - wasn't it Bloody's son that was watching Kit and Kit was was meant to be about 40? ...but then when Bloody's son wanted Lana's book he implied he was 48 years old - Lana is what, 70+?...

my brain is scrambled - i love it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it, love the show.

Bit confused though, how old is Lana meant to be?
    - wasn't it Bloody's son that was watching Kit and Kit was was meant to be about 40? ...but then when Bloody's son wanted Lana's book he implied he was 48 years old - Lana is what, 70+?...

my brain is scrambled - i love it!

I was confused at first, but I don't think Johnny was watching Kit. I think as Kit drove off, they transitioned forward in time, Johnny wasn't actually there in the car when Kit was leaving. If that makes sense. :D
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brettriot wrote: »
    I really hope Lana doesn't die in the last episode :( but something tells me it'll happen.

I'd like to see all three, Jude, Lana and Kit survive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was confused at first, but I don't think Johnny was watching Kit. I think as Kit drove off, they transitioned forward in time, Johnny wasn't actually there in the car when Kit was leaving. If that makes sense. :D

That was my understanding too - though it took a second to 'adjust' as the switch in perspective was subtle - probably didn't need to be any more obvious as once you see Johnny you know it is 'now'.
  • Options
    SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was singing 'He used to give me roses'.

Reminded me a lot of Prisoner Cell Block H.

:)

Haha me too, especially when she said "Queen Bee".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see all three, Jude, Lana and Kit survive.

I hope Jude survives her time period (if you know what I mean), but realistically, only Lana (in her 80s) and Kit (in his 70s) could surive into the 'modern day Bloody Face' era we've been shown. Jude would be over a hundred in the modern day. I have seen a preview which seems to show an older Lana, but she only seems to have been given a greyish wig (not much, if any, old age makeup); it either looks like a dreadful makeup job in the last episode or possibly a scene from the 70s/80s...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »

Yeah, I was disappointed that, after all Lana had been through and how much we'd come to love the character, she transformed into Jacqueline Susann!
  • Options
    sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    Going off topic I just googled Lily Rabe, didn't realise she was Jill Clayburgh's daughter! Apples and trees spring to mind :D