Exfoliation

TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
Forum Member
I have never really exfoliated just use a body puff thing in the shower, when i was into beauty products and looking after myself etc it was about 15 years agoand it was never really on the radar times have changed but am trying to get a bit me time and start looking after my skin now i am getting older.

So what are your thoughts on exfoliation, what do you use product wise to perform said task and how often do you do it.

Its terrible sounding so naive on a subject at 35:o

Comments

• swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My body exfoliation regime is really simple - exfoliating gloves and body scrub once a week.

I also use my Clarisonic every so often with Diptyque's body polish.

I tried to use one of those manual, long-handled, dual body brush contraptions once, but I ended up nearly slipping and killing myself in the shower. Or maybe I'm being over-dramatic... that thing is a death trap, that's all I'm sayin.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    I've been using Soap & Glory's offering. I like the results; it leaves my skin very soft but I am sick of the synthetic smell so I'm on the hunt for a new one. I exfoliate at least two times a week and sometimes three as the warmer weather draws in.

It's a lot of faffing about and sometimes I can't be asked but I do enjoy the way it makes my skin feel.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Handful of demerera sugar in the shower, best thing ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Handful of demerera sugar in the shower, best thing ever.

Agree totally! I like to mix in some coconut oil with sugar so my skin is nourished as well.
  • blumeblume Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    It's never too late :). Depending on your skin type, do not scrub harshly be it using granular or cloth form as you could end up with some kind of 'rash spots'.

I would personally go for a fine grain. I used to buy but now make my own especially after seeing my friend's baby smooth skin. Her secret was using lulur which is an eastern traditional treatment especially for brides to be.

I tend to make a basic dry recipe and store it in an air tight container. Depending on my mood, I just make modifications by adding essential oils, rose water, lime and even turmeric(will stain clothes after). Afterwards, I would use either body oil, lotion or cream depending on the season. Alas, if only I can get someone to do my back :cry: Don't forget to drink sufficient glass of water.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blume wrote: »

Her secret was using lulur which is an eastern traditional treatment especially for brides to be.

I've heard about lulur in passing. How do you make that at home?