The US Ratings Thread (Part 1)

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely to hear The goldbergs has done well over the summer. I am hoping it see's an increase ratings for season 2. It isn't the most funniest or original show on television, but it's an easy and enjoyable watch for 20 mins. It doesn't try too hard. I like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and yes, the Penn and teller show is the UK one we had air over here. I don't know why The CW purchased a three year old show but the success of it could lead to a US version, as the UK version did poor in the ratings and was cancelled.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and yes, the Penn and teller show is the UK one we had air over here. I don't know why The CW purchased a three year old show but the success of it could lead to a US version, as the UK version did poor in the ratings and was cancelled.

Just done a bit of researching, and you are indeed right, The CW bought the axed ITV series that aired 3 years ago and put it on primetime US television. And if that wasn’t surprising enough, its been a ratings success for the channel. The episodes are actually slightly cut down versions of what ITV aired, but Jonathan Ross is still present as the host.

I also think this could lead to a US version being produced seeing as there aren’t many episodes of the ITV original. Plus it would be relatively cheap for The CW to produce. Maybe Jonathan Ross will be asked to host and get a big break in the US. Funny how things work out...
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunday final ratings:

FOX
    NFL Overrun- 28.05m (10.3)
    The OT- 12.46m (4.9)
    Utopia- 4.63m (2.0)

NBC:
    Footie night in America- 7.07m (2.5), 14.03m (4.7), 23.69m (9.0)

CBS:
    60 minutes (r)- 8.09m (1.1)
    Big Brother- 7.07m (2.4)
    Unforgettable- 6.97m (1.1)
    Reckless- 4.68m (0.7)

ABC:
    Schoolhouse of Rock- 2.32m (0.6)
    Wipeout- 2.74m (0.9)
    Shark Tank (r)- 3.36m (1.1)

That is NOT good for Utopia after such a strong lead in!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monday prem ratings:

(ABC may be inflated).

FOX:
    Masterchef- 5.42m (1.8)

ABC:
    Bachelor in Paradise- 6.70m (1.8)
    Shark Tank (r)- 3.64m (0.9)

CBS:
    The Big Bang Theory (r)- 5.78m (1.2)
    Mom (r)- 5.19m (1.2)
    Two and a Half Men (r)- 4.82m (1.0), 4.43m (0.9)
    Under The Dome- 6.55m (1.4)

NBC:
    Running Wild with Bear Grylls- 3.80m (1.1)
    American Ninja Warrior- 5.20m (1.7)

CW:
    Who's Line (r)- 1.42m (0.5), 1.41m (0.4)
    Americas Next Top Model- 1.08m (0.4)

Very impressed that Mom retained all of its BBT demo! Hopefully means good for the new series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    American Ninja adjusted up, Bachelor in Paradise and Bear, down.

Monday final ratings:

FOX:
    Masterchef- 5.39m (1.8), 5.52m (1.9)

ABC:
    Bachelor in Paradise- 5.40m (1.4). massive drop.
    Shark Tank (r)- 3.15m (0.8)

CBS:
    The Big Bang Theory (r)- 5.72m (1.2)
    Mom (r)- 5.11m (1.2)
    Two and a Half Men (r)- 4.69m (0.9), 4.46m (0.9)
    Under The Dome- 6.62m (1.4)

NBC:
    Running Wild with Bear Grylls- 3.71m (1.0)
    American Ninja Warrior- 5.29m (1.8)

CW:
    Who's Line (r)- 1.36m (0.5), 1.34m (0.4)
    Americas Next Top Model- 0.99m (0.4)

Some cable ratings:

MTV:
    Teen Wolf- 1.543m (0.8)

VH1:
    Atlanta Exes- 1.511m (0.7)
    Love and Hip Hop Atlanta- 3.722m (1.9)

ESPN:
    NFL Football- 13.728m (5.2)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Sunday final ratings:

FOX
    NFL Overrun- 28.05m (10.3)
    The OT- 12.46m (4.9)
    Utopia- 4.63m (2.0)

NBC:
    Footie night in America- 7.07m (2.5), 14.03m (4.7), 23.69m (9.0)

CBS:
    60 minutes (r)- 8.09m (1.1)
    Big Brother- 7.07m (2.4)
    Unforgettable- 6.97m (1.1)
    Reckless- 4.68m (0.7)

ABC:
    Schoolhouse of Rock- 2.32m (0.6)
    Wipeout- 2.74m (0.9)
    Shark Tank (r)- 3.36m (1.1)

That is NOT good for Utopia after such a strong lead in!!

It scored a 2.0 which aint bad, i assume
    I don't know how demos works for reality shows though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am expecting a third season renewal for Dome but a cancellation for Unforgettable. It has great ratings but fails in demos.

On the fence about Extant though. Changing it's timeslot lost a few million of it's audience.
  • ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,243
    Forum Member
    I'll be interested to see what effect, if any, Big Bang Theory's move to Monday nights will have?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    I'll be interested to see what effect, if any, Big Bang Theory's move to Monday nights will have?

I think it will be pretty stable, I really can't wait to see how Mom does after it repeated the same as BBT the other day, it should be hitting highs. It was getting around a 2.0 demo following HIMYM which was getting around 3.0 demo, so to follow Big Bang which gets around a 5.3 demo, it should be hitting 3.0 (this would be above what The Millers was doing after Big bang).

Meanwhile, Utopia is not doing well according to last night...

CBS:
    Big Brother- 6.79m (2.3)
    Fashion Rocks- 2.37m (0.6)

NBC:
    Food Fighters- 4.46m (1.0)
    Americas Got Talent- 9.71m (1.9)

ABC:
    Extreme Weight Loss- 3.83m (1.0)
    Shark Tank (r)- 3.28m (1.0)

FOX:
    Utopia- 2.50m (0.9)
    Hotel Hell- 2.42m (0.9)

CW:
    Arrow (r)- 920,000 (0.2)
    Supernatural (r)- 700,000 (0.2)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Meanwhile, Utopia is not doing well according to last night...

CBS:
    Big Brother- 6.79m (2.3)
    Fashion Rocks- 2.37m (0.6)

FOX:
    Utopia- 2.50m (0.9)
    Hotel Hell- 2.42m (0.9)

What a waste of $50 million for Fox!!! That's literally over 50% drop from the first episode in demos!!! The total viewer numbers are embarrassing also. Fox better hope Gotham and some of their shows debut well, otherwise they could be a lock for a 4th place this coming season. Big Brother, meanwhile, is still getting good numbers, despite very negative reception this season. As for Fashion Rocks, what was the point? Might as well be on The CW.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 50 million dollars down the drain and to think, they could of used some of that money on a show like Almost human which was a solid performer. Then again, this is fox. They have a great track record of shit decisions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Canceling Almost Human was an idiotic move by FOX. Yes, the numbers were going down as the season went on, but so did virtually all new dramas that season. True, it was on the bubble, but the network should have given this show a second chance. FOX's decision to even order the fifth and sixth season of Glee was another wrong choice. The numbers were quickly eroding by the fourth season's end, to the unacceptable level. Their fifth season was doing worse than The Mindy Project (which should have been axed) and almost on par with Bob's Burgers (!!!!) - that's saying something.

FOX is really in for a rough ride this season. The sitcoms are likely to fall further, especially New Girl. Gotham looks promising, but it might end up like SHIELD on ABC and what kind of money can Idol bring? Their ratings are one thing, but having to tour on smaller venues (with some closing off sections) and theatres shows how much the show has fallen. Bones might be a consistent performer, but that's uncertain also.

Looks like ABC can breathe a sigh of relief, despite a very challenging Sunday, Monday (seriously, does anyone even care about DWTS???) and Tuesday lineup!!!! Their Wednesday, Thursday and Friday shows are most likely to be potent performers and bringing their season average up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tuesday cable ratings Top 3 highest (excluding repeats)... Sons of Anarchy final dominates.

FX:
    Sons of Anarchy- 6.20m (3.2)
    Anarchy Afterward- 2.64m (1.4)

TLC:
    19 Kids and Counting- 2.68m (1.1)

Weds early ratings coming soon!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weds early ratings. All programming at 9pm originally were delayed by 15 mins, expect more adjustments than usual in final ratings for all channels.

CBS:
    Big Brother- 6.94m (2.4)
    Under The Lights- 2.91m (0.7)
    Extant- 3.84m (0.7)

FOX:
    Hells Kitchen- 4.21m (1.5), 3.95m (1.4)

NBC:
    Americas Got Talent (r)- 6.85m (1.2)
    Americas Got Talent- 10.56m (1.9)
    Taxi Brooklyn- 6.55m (1.1)

ABC:
    The Middle (r)- 4.31m (1.0)
    The Goldbergs (r)- 3.89m (1.0)
    Modern Family (r) - 4.39m (1.2) and 3.89m (1.2)
    Shark Tank (r)- 3.29m (1.0)

CW:
    Penn and Teller Fool Us- 1.76m (0.5)
    The 100 (r)- 640,000 (0.2)

Looks like ABC will have another strong comedy line up, did very well in repeats. The Goldbergs should hit highs really judging by these surely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Extant - Oh lord. I smell cancellation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paltonz wrote: »
    Canceling Almost Human was an idiotic move by FOX. Yes, the numbers were going down as the season went on, but so did virtually all new dramas that season. True, it was on the bubble, but the network should have given this show a second chance. FOX's decision to even order the fifth and sixth season of Glee was another wrong choice. The numbers were quickly eroding by the fourth season's end, to the unacceptable level. Their fifth season was doing worse than The Mindy Project (which should have been axed) and almost on par with Bob's Burgers (!!!!) - that's saying something.

FOX is really in for a rough ride this season. The sitcoms are likely to fall further, especially New Girl. Gotham looks promising, but it might end up like SHIELD on ABC and what kind of money can Idol bring? Their ratings are one thing, but having to tour on smaller venues (with some closing off sections) and theatres shows how much the show has fallen. Bones might be a consistent performer, but that's uncertain also.

Looks like ABC can breathe a sigh of relief, despite a very challenging Sunday, Monday (seriously, does anyone even care about DWTS???) and Tuesday lineup!!!! Their Wednesday, Thursday and Friday shows are most likely to be potent performers and bringing their season average up.

I agree. Giving Glee a two season order was a silly mistake. Realistically, if it hadn't, i think FOX would of cancelled it last season. The Mindy Project should of deffo been axed but i do wonder what FOX's intentions are. Season 3 only has a 15 episode order, so it's not as if it's anywhere near the amount of episodes for syndication for FOX to want to waste money on additional episodes. Then again, they did keep Till death on the air for 4 seasons and that was a ratings disaster from the start.

I adore Bob's burgers but it's ratings are crap. Once season 5 has aired, it will likely be cancelled and they will have more than enough for syndication. Much like The Cleveland show. But could the fact that the show recently won "Best animated television show" at the emmys have helped it's future much more. I don't know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hells Kitchen and Extant adjusted up, Taxi Brooklyn, Under the Lights and AGT adjusted down.

CBS:
    Big Brother- 6.99m (2.4)
    Under The Lights- 2.26m (0.6)
    Extant- 4.64m (0.8)

FOX:
    Hells Kitchen- 4.27m (1.5), 4.21m (1.5)

NBC:
    Americas Got Talent (r)- 6.90m (1.2)
    Americas Got Talent- 10.52m (1.8)
    Taxi Brooklyn- 5.12m (0.8)

ABC:
    The Middle (r)- 4.25m (1.0)
    The Goldbergs (r)- 3.96m (1.0)
    Modern Family (r) - 4.06m (1.2) and 3.92m (1.2)
    Shark Tank (r)- 3.62m (1.0)

CW:
    Penn and Teller Fool Us- 1.73m (0.5)
    The 100 (r)- 590,000 (0.2)
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised at how Big Brother is holding up this season, it's been one of the worst seasons to date and anywhere you look you see negative responses or comments about how this season has gone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait for new shows to premiere and for old shows to return so ratings can be interesting again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    I'm surprised at how Big Brother is holding up this season, it's been one of the worst seasons to date and anywhere you look you see negative responses or comments about how this season has gone.

That's what I've been hearing to.

Also agree with not being able to wait for the new shows to begin. Here's the list:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/09/02/list-of-2014-fall-tv-show-premiere-dates-2/298773/

This coming week is when they start, with FOX comedies returning on Monday, before next Monday and that whole week where a lot of shows will start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While we wait for the new season to start, I’ll share some season to date (since Feb. 17, “Live plus Same Day”) ratings for the networks late night line ups.
    As you can see, NBC considerably out performs the other networks, with the Fallon getting a better demo than some primetime programmes. At 11:30pm NBC’s Fallon gets a higher demo than CBS’s Letterman and ABC’s Kimmel combined, and at 12:30am NBC’s Myers beats ABC’s Nightline and gets almost double the demo of CBS’s Ferguson.
    It’ll be interesting if CBS can fight back with their new Stephen Colbert/James Corden line up in 2015.

11:35 p.m.-12:35 a.m.
    NBC “Tonight,” 3.884 million viewers - 1.19
    CBS “Late Show,” 2.515 million viewers - 0.48
    ABC “Kimmel,” 2.495 million viewers - 0.62

12:35-1:05 a.m.
    ABC “Nightline,” 1.551 million viewers - 0.39

12:35-1:35 a.m.
    NBC “Late Night,” 1.612 million viewers - 0.56
    CBS “Late Late Show,” 1.274 million viewers - 0.31

1:35-2:05 a.m.
    NBC “Last Call,” 0.871 million viewers - 0.32
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Just done a bit of researching, and you are indeed right, The CW bought the axed ITV series that aired 3 years ago and put it on primetime US television. And if that wasn’t surprising enough, its been a ratings success for the channel. The episodes are actually slightly cut down versions of what ITV aired, but Jonathan Ross is still present as the host.

I also think this could lead to a US version being produced seeing as there aren’t many episodes of the ITV original. Plus it would be relatively cheap for The CW to produce. Maybe Jonathan Ross will be asked to host and get a big break in the US. Funny how things work out...

Penn and Teller currently have a show on Showtime which sounds slightly similar so The CW picking up contracts for them would be good, and possibly doable through CBS ownership
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    Penn and Teller currently have a show on Showtime which sounds slightly similar so The CW picking up contracts for them would be good, and possibly doable through CBS ownership

Are you refering to Penn and Teller's Bullsh*t on Showtime? If so did that finish a few years ago? It used to be on FOX here in the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    11:35 p.m.-12:35 a.m.
    NBC “Tonight,” 3.884 million viewers - 1.19
    CBS “Late Show,” 2.515 million viewers - 0.48
    ABC “Kimmel,” 2.495 million viewers - 0.62

12:35-1:05 a.m.
    ABC “Nightline,” 1.551 million viewers - 0.39

12:35-1:35 a.m.
    NBC “Late Night,” 1.612 million viewers - 0.56
    CBS “Late Late Show,” 1.274 million viewers - 0.31

1:35-2:05 a.m.
    NBC “Last Call,” 0.871 million viewers - 0.32

I'm not surprised that Fallon is leading the late night schedule. He has had great guests and his segments even attracts lots of views on Youtube. I'm surprised that Kimmel is beating Letterman in demos and catching up in total viewers. I thought people only watched Kimmel's post-Oscars specials but it seems to be more than that now. Looks like ABC has more confidence in Kimmel now, after switching with Nightline. Sad that Ferguson is low on demos and his show is about to end soon. It will be interesting if Colbert and Corden can challenge NBC. I know that Colbert's show on Comedy Central is doing well for the network. It's also interesting how just over 870k viewers stay up to watch Carson Daly.