Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Didn't they just say in passing? I believe it was ESCtoday who reported it then also. But wasn't it with the people in Copenhagen with Molly, so they wouldn't have had much of a say anyway. Then I think they said they were hoping to in an e-mail also? meh.

BBC confirmed to escxtra they would take part in 2015 for certain in May in writing. Then their was a whole hour interview with escinsight discussing the selection process of 2014 and 2015 from the HoD.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member

Great news. It hasn't been the same without B&H. :p
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello all and welcome to the second contest I have hosted this season, this contest will look at how people used to being in a band fare when going it alone.

For a song to be eligible it must be a solo effort (so no duets), by someone who either was previously in a band/group/duo, still was at the time or even was to become a member of one in the future.

By band/group/duo I mean a group of 2 or more people who released singles together, I will not count something like Band Aid as a band, they have to be officially recognised as a band.

The song entered cannot have been entered at either Eurovision or a NF, but the solo member concerned or the band they originated from can have taken part in either of the above. I will allow more than one song by the same artist, but obviously I will not allow the same song more than once. For that reason I ask you to PM me a list of preferences, so you have some back-ups available to you.

As always your choices should be sent to me via PM and you have until 7pm this Sunday to get your choices in.

All the best and good luck. :)
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will get an entry in on Friday and vote on the current contest
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am clueless!
  • Options
    AxGAxG Posts: 25,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too many Eurovision mentions in the Great British Bake Off.:p
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,281
    Forum Member
    Well I've got my entry. This is basically just a my ipod round. :D
    AxG wrote: »
    Too many Eurovision mentions in the Great British Bake Off.:p

Loving European cake week. :p
  • Options
    ESC RossESC Ross Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am clueless!

Same, have no idea what to enter, will think of something :)
  • Options
    nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I couldn't get to sleep last night in bed I thought of 2 really good entries...and now I cannot remember them!! ahh!
  • Options
    WilkimaniaWilkimania Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep thinking of valid entries, but none that are particularly eurovision-y
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So difficult to decide. Fml
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that you'll all be pleased to hear that I received in the post one of the prizes that will be given as the winner of the Ultimate FM contest 2014, and it's of a surprisingly high quality!

Just to keep you all in a high state of excitement regarding contests to come ;)

(EuanDesu will be kicking himself for having missed out :p )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He must have really wanted the prize too :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Romanian broadcast obviously got the discount they were wanting. They have confirmed.
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we will be 'Building Bridges' in Vienna http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=vienna_2015_slogan_revealed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I'm fond of it.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beats #JoinUs, I quite like it.
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bet there'll be some sort of spectacular bridge as part of the set somewhere now.
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    Bet there'll be some sort of spectacular bridge as part of the set somewhere now.
    They're probably fuming that Sweden got there first with the 'Act's Parade' thing in 2012! :D
  • Options
    sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    I look forward to Russia's entry, Burning Bridges.

I'm struggling to pick something for this week's contest. I need to stop thinking as I just jotted a few ideas down and I have 10 singers already!
  • Options
    ESC RossESC Ross Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not too sure about the slogan. I understand where they are coming from, but personally, I just think it screams political Europe, rather than the music :l.
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si i checked into the hostel in Lisbon. Who checks me in?

Daniela varela of flor de LIS. Anazing. AS sweet as in Moscow and 20 kilos slimmer....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    Si i checked into the hostel in Lisbon. Who checks me in?

Daniela varela of flor de LIS. Anazing. AS sweet as in Moscow and 20 kilos slimmer....

Aww I love their song from 09 :)

Italy have confirmed :) and Also Germany are making a debute at Turkvizion(they must be getting really desperate for entrants)

Time to grab a cup of tea and go through the playlist then get an entry for next week sorted :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phill's Review

1. Florian Silbereisen, Jan Smit, Christoff Not the best of starts really wasn't out and out terrible though.
    2. James Byron This was OK but it just went on a minute too long.
    3. Sarah McLachlan This was nice.
    4. Jack Savoretti Didn't really like this, craving some upbeat pop number.
    5. Luca Napolitano Still not got to that pop number but I liked this.
    6. The Drifters quite liked this.
    7. Matt Redman and LZ7 The chorus was quite catchy.
    8. Troll 80's through and through, would have fitted in, in the 80's contests
    9. Ola Salo Ft. Kleerup Don't like the way he sings, or this song sorry.
    10. Emmelie de Forest Wish she didn't have to get her body out its quite sad really cos she doesn't need it, really like this song though.
    11. Bok van Blerk Quite enjoyed that.
    12. Fifth Harmony This was good, they all can sing too.
    13. Daniel Levi Was ok
    14. Samwell I'm scared, can't believe this is an actual thing.
    15. The Script Not a fan of The Script, this was ok though.
    16. Kara Some good Kpop
    17. Faith Hill Surprised this hasn't been entered before, would have made a great eurovision song if they trimmed it down.
    18. Dan Croll Wasn't a fan of this.
    19. Celine Dion This isn't her best song but it will do.
    20. Frank Sinatra Hate this song so much its really over rated.
    21 Sweet California Spanish pop, had these lined up with a different song, really liked this though.
    22. Lucie Silvas Did we have a French and English version of this once? Great song anyway.
    23. Elena Is this the same Elena who didn't sing a note in 09 Quite like this.
    24. The Knocks ft. Powers Decent end to the playlist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heat 5!

Hiya! and welcome to Valentina's Garden, located in the beautiful San Marino in San Marino (:kitty:) for Heat 5! 24 songs will battle it out! Playlist draw was decided via random.org. Let's begin.

Playlist

Rules:
    Points need to be given in the usual Eurovision style (12, 10, 8-1).
    All votes must be sent by 17:30 on Sunday 14th September, with results from 18:30 (in time for X Factor, of course!)
    Failure to vote constitutes a 33% reduction and you are not allowed to take part in the next heat.

Good luck :)!

*bump* only 2 sets of votes so far.

Also, for people who like torturing themselves: Tomorrow is SF1 of the Dutch NF for JESC. No showing a time on the site, though.

edit: My Manglish was almost as good as Dilara's, there....
This discussion has been closed.