[GAME] The X Factor Rankdown

AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
Forum Member
✭✭
An exciting and unpredictable addition to your DS X Factor 2014 experience:

Rules

1. Six chosen rankers, 126 X Factor UK live show acts. The rankers take turns to nominate 10 of these acts.
2. The other five rankers then each save one and eliminate one of those 10, the latter of which are eliminated from the competition forever. It will be a thrilling first come first serve situation. When a ranker eliminates an act, they must provide a write up explaining why they are making a cut, and this should be extremely entertaining and informative. All eliminations/saves should be completed within 24 hours to make sure the game has momentum. If you disappear you will be replaced!!
3. Once that round is over, the next ranker nominates 10 of the remaining acts, and we continue this process until there are only 36 acts left. At that time, further instructions will be given :kitty: But the idea is that we will eventually get down to one act who is the ultimate winner of all time.
4. Pls note that you cannot nominate an act that was saved the round before.
5. Each ranker has a golden buzzer which they can use ONLY ONCE when saving a nominated act before the top 36. This act will then definitely make the top 24 and cannot be nominated again until that time, so it's basically a way of you ensuring one of your favs that has been targeted is safe/trolling everyone else.
6. If you want to be a ranker please PM me and then I will choose people based on how likely I think you are to actually commit to the game although a range of taste is welcome ^_^
7. I will update a wikia document each round so that everyone knows who is eliminated/still in the game (since I won't be able edit this first post).

And with that please PM me if you want to be a ranker :3

Comments

• r0ry101r0ry101 Posts: 13,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sounds fabulous! Fully expecting a 2 To Go/Futureproof top 2 tbh
  • AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well who even knows, Rory, that could be fate.
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is delightful news.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This game intrigues me, I Will be watching this as much as possible. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay ty everyone who PM'd to be rankers! Unfortunately can't include everyone as it's not practical, and so I used a random number generator to decide, and ended up with five names. If someone quits though or disappears, then I hope those not chosen will consider being reserves :3

Firstly, I will introduce myself, defender of trainwrecks and allergic to MOR toneless demons. Although this is my thread, I'm not head ranker or anything so I have as much say as everyone else. Working together <3

Our second ranker is known worldwide as a gladiator of quirky and edgy acts, praised for her fiery competitiveness and defense of justice. It's...
    ALIYAH

Ranker three has been a staple part of X Factor since the dawn of time, renowned for his love of big women with big voices, and hating all other aspects of the musical spectrum. Please welcome...
    SATANEL

Fourth up we have an X Factor network extraordinaire, always first to stan a hot guy or a cute girl, and not afraid to decimate the rest of the competition in the process. Here's...
    CARLISLE

The fifth addition is someone who could be described as UTR until recently, but has since demanded the spotlight by winning the hearts of the nation in DS's Next Top Artist, and refined taste in XF acts.
    RORY

And finally we welcome back a special guest who is coming out of retirement for these proceedings. As the white knight for many maligned acts on DS and an unstoppable positive force, please welcome...
    MARSHA

And with that, everyone is revealed. Yay! :) There will be a public vote element to this game eventually, so I hope the audience stay tuned and enjoy what is to come.

I have created this wikia page to keep track of what's going on, and I'll post it at the end of each round so that everyone knows who they can nominate. Don't forget that you all have your golden buzzer which you can use to propel an act you're saving to the top 24, but you can only use it once!!

Using a random number generator, the first ranker to nominate ten acts is...
    SATANEL!

Once this ranker has posted their ten nominations, the rest of us are free to eliminate and save, first come, first serve (just stating this in the case of people posting simultaneously).

The XF Rankdown has begun :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey all, here are my 10.

1. Hope
    2. Girlband
    3. Leon Jackson
    4. Eoghan Quigg
    5. FYD
    6. Chris Maloney
    7. Futurproof
    8. Rowetta
    9. Katie Waissel
    10. Andy Williams

how excite.
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems interesting, can anyone who isn't a ranker take part?
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Zak, perhaps some of the worst acts grouped together? Could eliminate them all tbh

Save - I'm going to save Leon Jackson. I know he's one of the most undeserved winners but i liked his attitude post-show and especially after he got dropped. Also his new music is a lot more acoustic blues and i think he has potential to be a solid songwriter.

Elimination - I'm going to eliminate the MOST undeserved, toneless and downright absolute shyte finalist to ever grace our screens aka Eoghan Quigg and his 2800 friends. I don't even know WHY he even made it as far as he did, no vocal range, no artistry, nothing. Byebye.:kitty:
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone! Its great to be back from retirement! And thanks for your list Zak! :D

Well done on saving Leon Aliyah!

Elimination - There were some rotten apples in Zak's List so it was tricky to pick one but...
    Look at these five faces - http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/00383/SNN0523D_682_383740a.jpg
    God help us these really are faces only a mother could love! :o
    I am thus eliminating the absolutely dire Futureproof – they were (and this is saying something) probably the worst male/boyBand in XF history – bye guys!

Save - I am saving the fabulous, the beautiful and the mad Rowetta. Rowetta for me was one of the best acts of Season 1 and best female overs ever, she had an amazing voice, but she didn’t always do diva tunes – she also was an amazing soul singer which I loved. Credit for being a back round singer with the Happy Mondays too!

This was Rowetta singing You Dont have to say you love me by the legendary Dusty Springfield on her first live show, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9twkcZFUGgw
    She was fab! :D
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    someone save the god that's christopher maloney :'(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget to put the placing when you eliminate, y'all. Also no @ Zak nominating Rowetta in round 1, ty Marsha for shutting that down.
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    Seems interesting, can anyone who isn't a ranker take part?

Sorry it's just the rankers at this stage, but there will be a public vote element brought in in the future ^_^

124. Christopher Maloney

Sorry to break your dreams, Jack.

Here we have someone who combines the tropes of toneless male soloist inexplicably topping the vote for seven weeks and stealth manipulator moonlighting as Satan. Nicole's reaction here sums up every Christopher Maloney performance (as lasers shoot from his eyes trying to eviscerate his critics/all human life).

Chris successfully carried the mantle of OTT hate figure in season 9 once Rylan was redeemed, and as his his ego inflated so too did the flood of hyperbolic headlines accompanying all media stories surrounding him, with Gary awkwardly trying not to appear totally out of touch and failing utterly for the second year in a row.

Unfortunately Christopher Maloney was not really an enjoyable troll given the plethora of assault claims that haunted him before, after and during his time as a finalist, somewhat tarnishing his wish to be the prodigal son for precious Nan, The Only One Who Believed In Him, as more and more people grew tired of his bullshit. The producers soon realised that known angel Jamie from Union J's prophecy that Christopher's win will soon bring about the end times, and promptly sabotaged him in favour of true antichrist James Arthur, and so the former was left to fend for himself in the nadir of perspective known as The Real World and has attempted to keep himself relevant with nude photoshoots reserved of the grandmothers of this world.

I am saving the much more effective troll and bottom.goddess Katie Waissel.
  • r0ry101r0ry101 Posts: 13,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Save

There is an act I saw amongst these 10 that I instantly knew I would have to save, and that is Hope. One of the first manufactured groups to come from the show, they were already standing out for managing to lose a member before the live shows began. The journey of Hope then saw them go from potential winners to Bottomgoddesses after a 'stunning' final two showdown with the now eliminated Futureproof. From then on, it was struggling to gain votes except rightly being saved after their performance of 'Back to Black.' Their trolling reached new heights when they survived the first ever DEADLOCK against Beverly and the 'dig up from the grave' VT. Their inevitable elimination the week after I'm sure crushed the hearts of many, but I save them now as a way to keep hope alive.

123. Andy Williams

From the same series, Andy was a pretty typical MOR guy singer completely forgotten compared to the other boys in his category. With Danni and the boys seeming to be the strongest category, Andy quickly proved to be unable to be anything more than a footnote in a male dominated series. Mostly dreary performances came along and he survived until week four more than likely due to his good looks, where he was eliminated after singing 'Chasing Cars' whilst lying on the floor, probably trying not to fall asleep like we all did whenever he performed.
    Forum Member
    123. Andy Williams

From the same series, Andy was a pretty typical MOR guy singer completely forgotten compared to the other boys in his category. With Danni and the boys seeming to be the strongest category, Andy quickly proved to be unable to be anything more than a footnote in a male dominated series. Mostly dreary performances came along and he survived until week four more than likely due to his good looks, where he was eliminated after singing 'Chasing Cars' whilst lying on the floor, probably trying not to fall asleep like we all did whenever he performed.

Lol Rory you brought back vivid memories of that Chasing Car's performance! :D Can't say I am very sorry to see Andy go, he was quite dull.

FYD v Girlband for Carlisle! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is where we stand!

Obviously David still needs to make the final cut of Round 1 and will hopefully do that in the near future. To keep things running smoothly, I can exclusively reveal that the next person to nominate is...
    MARSHA!

As soon as David has made his choice, feel free to post your 10 nominations, Marsha. Pls note that you can't nominate any of the people saved in Round 1, i.e. Leon, Rowetta, Katie, Hope and whoever David saves out of FYD and Girlband.
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to it Alex! :D

Quick question for using our golden buzzer, can we do that after someone gets eliminated so say in last round if I wanted to save Andy, can I use it to save him from elimination?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to it Alex! :D

Quick question for using our golden buzzer, can we do that after someone gets eliminated so say in last round if I wanted to save Andy, can I use it to save him from elimination?

No, sadly you can only press your golden buzzer for someone before they have been culled, and you have to do it in the same post you save them, so it's all about timing :3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marsha please pick acts worth saving for next round :D
    Forum Member
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    Marsha please pick acts worth saving for next round :D

I'm thinking of putting out a mix some good but then a lot of the dreggs so they can go early!!! :D:D
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so trust this to start when I'm away for the weekend... Thanks, Alex!!

Anyways a pretty straightforward decision for me...

122 - Girlband
    Sorry to those supporting the very creatively named 'Girlband' but for me this was easy. Let me once again remind you that their name is 'Girlband'. If that isn't disgusting enough for starters, need I say more than their performances throughout. Their version of 'Venus' in week one is quite something in it's self and maybe they should be given credit where it's due for providing us viewers with one of the worst performances on a live show ever... The cherry on the top though has to obviously be the disgusting bottom 2 result where the girl group whom could actually sing (Bad Lashes) were ousted in place of these four ladies. Unimpressive.

This means that FYD are saved and progress to the next stage. I saved these week 1 exit disasters based on potential and the victim edit they were given throughout in all their little 20 second montages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've updated the wikia, but for quick reference:

126. Eoghan Quigg
    125. Futureproof
    124. Christopher Maloney
    123. Andy Williams
    122. Girlband

Interestingly, series 5, considered by many to be the best, has already lost two acts o; GL Marsha as we enter Round 2!
    Forum Member
    Okay my list (in my opinion) contains some total duds, some fab acts, and a couple who split opinions completely - good luck all!

Ben Mills
    Johnjo Kerr
    Kitty Brucknell
    The MacDonald Brothers
    Eton Road
    2 to Go
    Shayne Ward
    Scott Bruton
    Philip McGee
    Paije Richardson
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Future winners of this show 2 To Go in that group :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    121: Scott Bruton

Pontins Scott appeared on the show during the times when the boys category was full of Westlife-wannabes, choir boys and other paint-drying equivalents. Scott will be remembered for undeservedly topping (or nearly topping?) his week 1 or 2 performance after getting completely destroyed by Simons comments and therefore receiving the sympathy bounce. Scott will be also remembered for being the first eliminated act to NOT leave in dignity or grace as he pretty much stood on the stage and sulked for the remainder of his 2 minutes tele screen time, aka the first ever x factor sore loser. This is the reason for my elimination of Scott.

SAVE - i choose to save the dazzling Kitty who was perhaps the only "hate figure" act that actually changed public opinion for the better? Kitty had an exceptional voice, incredible stage presence, performance and was one of the most creative and wacky acts to date. Who can forget THAT bootcamp outfit!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    120. The MacDonald Brothers.
    I've never seen such a dire attempt at a duo in my life, it almost makes me want the Scottish independence referendum even more. They stayed far too long in series three (aka passing the auditions), but they will not overstay their welcome in the X Factor Rankdown. With a ranker who loves his big-voiced women, these tragic, almost-novelty vocalists didn't stand a chance. Goodbye.

Save: Phillip Magee. I have a deep love for Phillip due to Risk Factor. Despite his embarrassing final performance in series two, he has a good voice and is probably the most attractive male to come out of X Factor. He may be the most forgotten act in history, but he'll always have a place in my heart. Continue on Phillip, continue on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    119. Jonjo Kerr

It wasn't so much that Jonjo was out of tune as much as he looked as comfortable on stage as a year 10 who'd been forced onto the school stage by a somewhat sadistic music teacher, since he was worried what all his army mates would think of him. This was made clear from the first five seconds of his audition which crumbled around him after he forgot the words. At this point Jonjo could have gone one of two ways: either a forgettable early exit or trainwreck heartthrob crashing through all your favs every week ala The Macdonalds.

The controversial and slightly heartbreaking twist in live show #1 would claim the fifteen minutes of James Michael and 2 Shoes, and temporarily Amelia, but there was one blessing among these sacrifices which was the early departure of previous UKIP wet dream Jonjo, as Gary correctly identified that this performance made Louis' decision really easy.

Saving Paije for being more memorable than all my other options.