[GAME] The X Factor Rankdown

Comments

• r0ry101r0ry101 Posts: 13,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The act I'm saving is Shayne as he does actually have some talent and despite flopping in later years is still one of the best male winners the show has produced imo.

118. 2 To Go

Between the four remaining choices this was the best one I felt to justify. He was blind, she was average, and Simon Cowell basically told her she wasn't good enough thus meaning she was in tears and had to be comforted by the wonderful Kate Thornton. Having Louis Walsh as a mentor meant they were guaranteed a spot in the live shows giving performances such as this. Truthfully it was clear the guy (yes I can't remember their names) had a pretty decent voice but their performances were incredibly bland and no one was shocked when they exited in week three. Sorry to do this to you Kevin - at least there are still others like Voices With Soul left for you to support.

Now over to David to recreate the final five showdown in s3 :o
  • AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Round 3's nominations will be brought to us by...
    RORY!

Who can post as soon as David chooses between Ben and Eton Road o: o: o:
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #Save Ben!
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it comes down to Ben Mills and Eton Road... Would be lying if I said I had any form of loyalty to either, so it's going to come down to I feel is the more bearable of the two.

As a result of this...

117 - Ben Mills
    It should be no surprise to anybody when I say Ben is not my cup of tea. His voice, his attitude, his whole character and most importantly... his hair. He was all kinds of gross and unfortunately I had no time for him. I was so happy when he came 3rd because he really didn't deserve to make it that far at all and I basically wanted him evicted every single week. It's not really shocking that he's been a total flop since the show and thank goodness for that because I'm not sure my ears would be able to handle if his music went on to be popular. I literally would rather lock myself in a room and listen to PSY for 12 hours. (Also he's one of Lucas' favourites and therefore I feel obliged to cut him, sorrynotsorry.)

- - -
    This does mean that the cheesiness of Eton Road are safe from elimination this round and next.
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Tough choice David! I like both acts but I think I would save Eton Road as they brought something a bit different when they were on.

ETA Glad to see Eton Road were saved, I am a big Ben fan but I thought Eton Road were fab! Had to laugh at your Ben description though David! :D

Interested to see Rory's picks!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here are the next 10 for you to judge:

Steve Brookstein
    Verity Keays
    Nicholas Dorsett
    Robert Allen
    Daniel Evans
    Jamie Archer
    Diva Fever
    Craig Colton
    Lucy Spraggan
    Hannah Barrett
    Forum Member
    Save - Nicholas Dorsett.
    Nicholas was one of my favourite contestants in the early seasons of X-Factor. He was really good looking - see pic! http://static9.imagecollect.com/preview/560/b3fd62b78c096ac, and would have made such a fab soul/urban singer, but Louis completely threw him under the bus to focus on Shayne Ward in Season 2. He was actually very talented albeit sadly forgotten by most and I think he definitely deserves another chance in this comp!

Eliminate - 116. Daniel Evans
    Daniel is best remembered for two things on X-Factor, his dead wife which was awful but it was brought up constantly on the show, and became one of the most exploited contestant sob stories ever on the show. He was also memorably compared by Louis to Ricky Gervais (David Brent) which was a pretty fair comparison. Nice guy but no x-factor bye Daniel. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Save - Nicholas Dorsett. Nicholas was one of my favourite contestants in the early seasons of X-Factor. He was really good looking - see pic! http://static9.imagecollect.com/preview/560/b3fd62b78c096ac, and would have made such a fab soul/urban singer, but Louis completely threw him under the bus to focus on Shayne Ward in Season 2. He deserves another chance in this comp!

Eliminate - Daniel Evans
    Daniel is best remembered for two things on X-Factor, his dead wife which was awful but it was brought up constantly on the show, and became one of the most exploited contestant sob stories by the show. He was also memorably compared by Louis to Ricky Gervais which was a pretty fair comparison. Nice guy but no x-factor bye Daniel. :(

Remember to put the number of the act you've eliminated Marsha :)
    Forum Member
    r0ry101 wrote: »
    Remember to put the number of the act you've eliminated Marsha :)

Thanks for the reminder Rory! Have edited now :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    115 - Craig Colton
    Craig has been dead bottom of my annual "All time rankings list" (the one conducted by yohinchild) since the day he graced our screens. I'm not actually sure why I loathed him so much? Then I remembered how he stole James Michael's rightful position in the last 12. I remember Gary Bore-low fawning all over him with his Middle-of-the-road garbage and his utterly shocked "This is outrageous" face when Craig finally got eliminated. I think what bugged me the most was Craig's "constipation"-emotive face that he used to pull during his performances that kind of looked like a seriel killer who fantasizes about necrophilia aka http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/14/article-1318599484687-0E4D030700000578-483460_466x310.jpg

SAVE -
    I'm saving Jamie Archer. He really didn't do well under Simons mentorship (Simon literally knows nothing about rock) and he was constantly called a pub singer by that prick Louis. However, Jamie's performance of "Hurt" is still one of my favourite ever performances today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZUOKI-FStI
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Updated wikia

114. Steve Brookstein

Thus began the archetype of older male contestant with the inability to make commercial music due to appealing to only one demographic. This was also one of the first times we saw someone being dramatically brought back into the judges' room after Louis correctly identified the problem that would plague season 1: the reality that Steve was completely uninspiring musically speaking.

Sadly the second chance storyline was the ignition for Steve to sail to victory, but not before he his iconic annihilation at the hands and teeth of Sharon Osbourne as witnessed here. Obviously Sharon went way OTT and Britain was NOT having that so this probably did everything necessary to ensure a Steve win so thanks Sharon, although she was correct that he was as average as possible and would give inspiration to many future male acts looking to copy his journey, although so far none have managed it thank the lord.

I don't have strong feelings about the rest so I'm saving Verity lol.
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Verity <3

Now someone save Diva Fever and Hannah Barrett already, we need a bit of cheese and soul to go through
    Forum Member
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    Verity <3

Now someone save Diva Fever and Hannah Barrett already, we need a bit of cheese and soul to go through

Of the four left I would definitely like Hannah, she was annoying but she did have a fab voice, and then one of Diva Fever/Lucy. I could take or leave Robert! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SAVE LUCY!!!! Think of that amaze audition!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update y'all, the masses are waiting nervously.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I choose to save Hannah Barrett because she is BAE. <3

113 - Robert Allen
    And therefore I choose to eliminate Robert Allen because honestly, he's one of the most forgettable X Factor contestants to date. I had to google him in order to remember him and youtubing his performances showed me how amateurish he actually is. Unsure how he made the finals, but I know for a fact that he's O U T of this X Factor rankdown.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once Zak has finished playing Gran Turismo and has updated, we will move on to Round 4, brought to you by...
    CARLISLE!

A caj reminder you can't nominate any of those saved in the previous round, GL!
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    112. Lucy Spraggan.
    Oh dear, if you wanted this creature saved then you shouldn't have left her to me. Her "songwriting" (aka, every song in the exact same chord with some laughably unintellectual lyrics) is embarrassing. Her voice is worse than a woman going through labour and frankly, I'd rather listen to a walrus sing for the rest of my days rather than this person, though they'd probably sound the same. Yes, you can play the guitar, congratulations - go queue up with the other millions of people who can do the same.

Save: Diva Fever, of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 10 nominations are:

1. Ruth Lorenzo
    2. Wagner
    3. Chico Slimani
    4. 4Sure
    5. 4Tune
    6. John Adeleye
    7. Nicolo Festa
    8. MK1
    9. Misha B
    10. Jedward
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    115. Chico Slimani

The first 'joke' act of the series, and one of my least favourites ever. Sure, he had 'personality' - but it didn't stop his atrocious vocals casting a black cloud over series 2. The whole 'he's fun' act got boring after week three and 'It's Chico Time' was an abomination as a song. I cringed every time he was on screen and it says a lot that I'd choose to eliminate Wagner over him. Chico set the precedent for mediocre acts making it way further than they should and as a result I'm happy to get rid of him early.

Saving Ruth Lorenzo - one of my favourites from season 5 - she was slightly over hyped on DS, but still adore her Purple Rain <3
    Forum Member
    Save - This was tricky as I do like Jedward for the fun factor and they did try their best! But I will save Misha B I thought she was very talented but the producers threw her under the bus with the whole bullygate episode - for sheer talent I will save Misha B, here is one her performances from the live shows which I liked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idaoG74UKzg

114. 4Tune - I have chosen to eliminate the bland, the boring, the completely forgettable 4Tune, I vaguely rememebered they were an older look boyband that were in Season 2, and I was right. They didn't look great - http://img.rasset.ie/000062b3-630.jpg, and they didnt sing great, and were a very very forgettable boring band of Westlife wanna-bes, their time is up in this competition too - bye guys!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    113 - John Adeleye
    I vaguely remember him, I think he was thrown under a bus as he had like no air time? And then got eliminated in the b2 with Treyc. To be honest, he seemed like a nice chap but was completely forgetable, i remember he wore a sparkley silver suit the week he got eliminated and there was a dirty dancing choreography in the background and the judges just focused on that (deramping the act), wherever John is today, i hope he's content as he was a nice man but was completely dull and forgetable.

SAVE - I am going to save LORD WAGNER. This man lit up my Saturday night with his sexy body and infectious accent. I still await for his heart to complete my wagner shrine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know where Rory got the number 115 from but corrected rankings:

111. Chci
    110. 4Tune
    109. John Adeleye
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Aliyah...

108. 4Sure

Why not cull 4Sure in the same 24 hours as 4Tune given that they are both week 2 footnotes in their respective series with very similar style/name/inability to connect with the voters. The only reason I was reluctant to do so is that I don't have to say on them as YouTube was unhelpful and even more annoyingly some guys in the US version also decided to call themselves 4Sure, unwisely, as they too failed to make an impact.

Anyway, back to the TRUE 4Sure; I feel like every decision made in series 3 was a carefully implemented machination on the part of Simon to ensure Leona victory and so it is not surprisingly that technically proficient acts like these guys were early casualties, but still the most interesting thing about their audition video (which is all I could find) is the first second which is a monstrosity, but actually nothing to do with them.

Saving Jedward for being hawt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And when Zak has decided between Nicolo and MK1, Round 5 will commence with...
    ALIYAH!

Leaving me to carry the dubious honour of Round 6. The spinner will then reset for Round 7 onwards!

Updated Wikia as of 4Sure