"Bookies think Simon Cowell will sack Kelly Rowland over Amelia Lily axe"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
Forum Member
http://xfactor.tellymix.co.uk/judges/59020-x-factor-2011-kelly-rowland-tipped-for-the-axe.html

Probably one of the dumbest moments in X factor history.

“It was quite a shock when Amelia got the boot in the first week as she was joint favourite to win at that time,” said Hill’s spokesman Joe Crilly. “It would seem that Kelly overlooked her potential and we are now offering 6/1 that Simon gives Kelly the heave-ho at the end of the series citing her astonishing decision to drop Amelia.”

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    The link doesn't work...
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gizmo_Duck wrote: »
    http://www.*******************/x-factor/x-factor-2011-bookies-think-simon-cowell-will-sack-kelly-rowland-over-amelia-lily-axe/

“It was quite a shock when Amelia got the boot in the first week as she was joint favourite to win at that time,” said Hill’s spokesman Joe Crilly. “It would seem that Kelly overlooked her potential and we are now offering 6/1 that Simon gives Kelly the heave-ho at the end of the series citing her astonishing decision to drop Amelia.”

Oops! Internet Explorer could not find www.*******************
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    "Bookies think Simon Cowell will sack Kelly Rowland over Amelia Lily axe"
    You can't "sack" someone you don't even employ, which will be the case once this series concludes. As for Cowell, I'd imagine he's quite pleased with Amelia returning to resuscitate the show.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    http://xfactor.tellymix.co.uk/judges/59020-x-factor-2011-kelly-rowland-tipped-for-the-axe.html

These stories are getting more and more ludicrous. Why is this crap printed, and why does anyone believe it even for a second?

If Simon WAS to sack Kelly it wouldn't be over booting Amelia. Its laughable that some bored newsie, looking to get his 10,000th X-Factor headline, ran with this.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should Kelly be sacked for axing the weakest girl (on the night)? If anyone should be sacked it should be the idiot who dreamed up the twist in the first place!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And can Cowell sack Barlow while he's at it for picking Frankie.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    You can't "sack" someone you don't even employ, which will be the case once this series concludes. As for Cowell, I'd imagine he's quite pleased with Amelia returning to resuscitate the show.
    Very true. Simon isn't worried about being "embarrassed" by the boot. More likely he's THRILLED its led to more drama and more headlines.

The notion that he'd be upset by this is so incredibly laughable. Kelly may walk by herself, or perhaps Simon may decide he wants to replace her with someone homegrown, but his rationale would never be in a million years that he's upset she did something which gained him press.
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Why should Kelly be sacked for axing the weakest girl (on the night)? If anyone should be sacked it should be the idiot who dreamed up the twist in the first place!

Yep - it wasn't the best idea ever the twist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »

This!
  • Rotsea RoverRotsea Rover Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly judged it fairly on the night Amelia was the weakest girl. It wasn't Kelly's fault the producers created a twist
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly judged it fairly on the night Amelia was the weakest girl. It wasn't Kelly's fault the producers created a twist

Well said thank you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

lol rolling on floor laughing nice one made my evening
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member

That is far more to the point, as he picked Frankie over someone who could sing in tune and play guitar the ****. so sack Barlow, mind you Kelly is not top of my fav list either so she can go as well, bring back DANNII....
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't be the first time someone was sacked for following instructions.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member

Bollocks! Kelly gave her a totally inappropriate song. She was set up to 'fail' so she could be put into cold storage for a few weeks. Exactly as scripted. HTF can Simon sack someone for simply following instructions?

Simon - come on! Curiosity must surely lead you to these boards at some point. We know your game!
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bookies thought The Risk would win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Bollocks! Kelly gave her a totally inappropriate song. She was set up to 'fail' so she could be put into cold storage for a few weeks. Exactly as scripted. HTF can Simon sack someone for simply following instructions?

Simon - come on! Curiosity must surely lead you to these boards at some point. We know your game!

His brother is a regular visitor if you were not aware, just thought I would point that out..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Kelly will not return for another season for a number of reasons. One of which will be her own. I don't think it's turned out the way she expected. At all. One of the reasons I THINK she needed a week off was to get to grips with the drama of it all. Now I think she just wants to get to the end of the series as unscathed as possible. I don't think she'll want to sign on for another season in the New Year.
  • Nobody KnowsNobody Knows Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? She's been bought back in a massive blaze of success. Surely if she hadn't gone then the hype would've died down for her by now? People are more excited to see what she pulls off this week than they were excited about Frankie getting the boot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    I think Kelly will not return for another season for a number of reasons. One of which will be her own. I don't think it's turned out the way she expected. At all. One of the reasons I THINK she needed a week off was to get to grips with the drama of it all. Now I think she just wants to get to the end of the series as unscathed as possible. I don't think she'll want to sign on for another season in the New Year.

Odd that she said she wanted to return on Alan Carr....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bethm121 wrote: »
    Odd that she said she wanted to return on Alan Carr....

Well she's not likely to say anything else on a comedy TV talk show before the end of this season.

Perhaps she will be back, but I just can't see it. I don't think she'll return with Louis and Tulisa there. Who have both managed to turn up every week.

I think if it was a choice between losing Tulisa AND Louis (his close friend and confidente) and getting replacements for them and just losing Kelly I think I know what he would do.
    Forum Member
    Well she's not likely to say anything else on a comedy TV talk show before the end of this season.

Perhaps she will be back, but I just can't see it. I don't think she'll return with Louis and Tulisa there. Who have both managed to turn up every week.

I think if it was a choice between losing Tulisa AND Louis (his close friend and confidente) and getting replacements for them and just losing Kelly I think I know what he would do.

It was also clear from that interview that none of them have a problem with each other so Louis and Tulisa wouldn't quit just because Kelly may stay
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bethm121 wrote: »
    It was also clear from that interview that none of them have a problem with each other so Louis and Tulisa wouldn't quit just because Kelly may stay

Well I've not seen Alan Carr this week so you may be right.

I never take things at face value, so I might be wrong. A lot can happen between now and next year so we'll have to see.

They're on TV. They know every face tick is analysed so they put on a display of togetherness and "everything's fine!"
    Forum Member
    Well I've not seen Alan Carr this week so you may be right.

I never take things at face value, so I might be wrong. A lot can happen between now and next year so we'll have to see.

They're on TV. They know every face tick is analysed so they put on a display of togetherness and "everything's fine!"

Yeah I get what you mean but in the summer the two girls were photographed clubbing together and it just generally doesn't seem like there's an issue with them. I love both Kelly and Tulisa so I hope they both stay