Options

Any people you used to go school with made an impact on society yet?

Dr KimDr Kim Posts: 845
Forum Member
✭✭
I always wonder when you see these serial killers on tv and stuff if when they were at high school if people ever thought they were a bit dodgy or if they were shocked when they saw it on the news.

Also on a possitive note people who may have left school and gone onto be millionaires, i always think i wonder what britney spears friends thought when she was at high school

Anyone you know who has made an impact on society since leaving high school?

Comments

• Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    A lad I went to school with took over his dads haulage company and decided to sell it off and set up a charity with the money.
  • Options
    adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - a couple of them invented Tank Girl and some other stuff.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I went to school with the guy who plays PC Plum in Balamory.....:D
  • Options
    johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Does being a burden on the state because of drug and alcohol abuse count?
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my enablers at my first college, went to school with Lisa from Steps & said she wasn't very nice :O
  • Options
    trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone I was at school with has had reasonable success as an actor.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    A teacher in my school has always been a musician and he's been pretty successful. He was also a professional footballer in the Irish league.

He's not exactly a celebrity but I'd consider him successful.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david cameron and I went to different schools together
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep went to the same school as the current number one in the world golfer!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone in 5th Year got done for a racial in 2009, hope th scumbag rots in jail but he'll probably be out in a few years no doubt :mad:

It was shown on the ITV news.

As for the other sumbags apart from the greatest people you'll ever meet (my friends) they'll probably be all getting done for car theft etc in ten years time, they can go to hell too.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Had one really snooty little creep at school who was always boasting about how clever he was and much better than us council estate scum.

He went on to become a lawyer... then it all fell apart when he was caught doing some dodgy dealing and was struck off. Wasn't so smug then.
  • Options
    Killer GorillaKiller Gorilla Posts: 3,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    One of my enablers at my first college, went to school with Lisa from Steps & said she wasn't very nice :O
    I worked at a holiday camp where Lisa Scott Lee was in the resident band there for the season. She was either really shy, or really thick.
  • Options
    Anne DroydAnne Droyd Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I boy in my remedial maths class went on to murder 4 people in Germany. I used to draw tattoos on his hands and tell him about what happened on Little House on the Prairie. He was quite the flirt too as I recall.
  • Options
    *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    I went to school with an Australian cricketer.
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tim Burgess was 2 years above me at school (don't worry if you've never heard of him!) I'm only bothering to mention it because last time he was interviewed he was amazingly 5 years younger than me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Bex from Big Brother 9 went to my school, attention seeking ****
  • Options
    *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    Tim Burgess was 2 years above me at school (don't worry if you've never heard of him!) I'm only bothering to mention it because last time he was interviewed he was amazingly 5 years younger than me.

Ooh, he is starting to look a bit odd lately, maybe that's why.
  • Options
    harry hamsterharry hamster Posts: 1,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kid in my year went on to become assistant chief constable for Hampshire.

But he was always a bit of a constable at school.
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand one of the lads in my class was convicted of murder.

I guess you could define that as making an impact on society.
  • Options
    KittiaraKittiara Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on how impact on society is measured... one high school friend of mine is a nurse, one is a teacher, and one is in the movie industry (behind the scenes). One guy who went to the same school as I did had reasonable success in the DJ scene and had a few tunes in the charts, at least in Holland.

Apart from that, I haven't a clue :o. I guess no major celebrities or anything, otherwise I would have known.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I just remembered one creature from school. A really nasty piece of work, he was a vicious little thug who, in one of his many violent attacks, beat up an old woman because she didn't have enough money in her handbag when he mugged her. He fell/jumped off the top floor of a block of high rise flats. He certainly made an impact.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we include unis?

One of my uni friends had 4 novels published and is now a travel writer. The same uni we had Florella Benjamin in the year above but she was already famous when she came to uni so not sure that counts and a guy I worked with many years ago became a millionaire (by ticket touting!) He was on the news so does that make him famous? He was bound to make money somehow as he used to give us lifts home from work then say he had run out of petrol and had no money so we ended up paying for his petrol !
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He fell/jumped off the top floor of a block of high rise flats. He certainly made an impact.

But on the pavement, rather than society. :p
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guy in my class became an MP. So no. :p
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't think of anyone from school or University who went on to do anything famous (or infamous even). Quite a few have done well for themselves but we are an anonymous lot.