Options

Has 6 princess, hot dog sausages, ever cost £2.09p

spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
Forum Member
✭✭
I walked into Somerfields this morning and their big offer is 'buy one get one free' on a can of 6 Princess hot dog sausages that should be £2.09p each.

Have I missed something here? Have they ever cost that much? The last time I picked a can up [comes in easy for a quick meal] I am sure they were about 60p.

Can supermarkets just make prices up? It's like saying £19.70 off this 30p can of beans.:eek:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are 2 different hot-dog tins from Princess. One is the box standard (cheap) the other is the american style ( not so cheap)
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks elke, but still £2.09?
    Over 40p each for for a skinny thing made of pigs eye lids etc..
  • Options
    littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the thing with Somerfields, they do seem to have over the odds prices, so that wouldn't surprise me. Even their reduced priced shelf goods doesn't appeal, the reduced price is just normal price elsewhere.
  • Options
    petral_galpetral_gal Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good lord!! the canned ones?! never seen them more than a pound!
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    couldn't imagine the quality of those, and very not worth the price!
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Princes is one of the worst brands around. Their juices and sandwich pastes are minging! And Somerfield is the worst supermarket chain, they are a rip off and their own brand stuff is sh!t. I hate that place. (Sorry totally off topic).
  • Options
    flower faerieflower faerie Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    elke21 wrote: »
    There are 2 different hot-dog tins from Princess. One is the box standard (cheap) the other is the american style ( not so cheap)

How very strange that they're called 'american style' but come in a tin since americans don't buy their hot dogs in tins. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Somerfield have the oddest promotions on sometimes.

Like just now they have 2 jars of Lloyd Grossman sauces for £2. But one jar is £2.19 on its own. Why???