Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant wait to get this album tomorrow!!
    It is AMAZING!!!!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    i have to say i prefer Gagas Fever!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking about buying this...is it any good? worth buying? xo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    It was worth buying for me! It's a mix of dance tracks and slower rock ballads, some of them with an oriental feel.
    I didn't know what to expect before it's release, because some idol albums are overproduced and bland, but I am totally happy with this one.
  • Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    icehot69 wrote: »
    i have to say i prefer Gagas Fever!!

I love Gaga but I have to disagree with this. What I do prefer about her version and miss in Adam's is the bassline but apart from that her version seems too laid back and plodding which aren't too words that normally come to mind with her. Interesting that she was in the studio when he was recording it.
  • Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    Chi wrote: »
    It was worth buying for me! It's a mix of dance tracks and slower rock ballads, some of them with an oriental feel.
    I didn't know what to expect before it's release, because some idol albums are overproduced and bland, but I am totally happy with this one.

Yeah, I have to say it didn't disappoint me. As good a debut album as you are likely to get under any circumstances, never mind one recorded under the rushed and between tour shows conditions that Idol contestants do theirs.

I wouldn't say the album is short on production but the production is on the tracks that you would expect it to be. The ballads are pretty stripped.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you lot were right! I bought this a few days back and I can't stop listening to it!...its really an impressive debut...all the songs ooze a mixture of attitude, spunk and vulnerability (on the ballads)....he can carry off the ballads and the uptempo numbers really well...im officially a fan of his now!...i hope he does well with this CD....xo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    As a Muse fan, I wasn't sure Adam would be able to pull off Soaked. Im no fan of his, but he's definitely made the track his own; sounds good. :) Shame some Muse fans are giving him a lot of stick for it.
  • Options
    kristinand24kristinand24 Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was on Muse forum once and they all seem to hate Adam there (I still dont understand why lol)
    I finally have Adams album and every day i have a new favourite song, its changes all the time, it has never happened to me before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    I was on Muse forum once and they all seem to hate Adam there (I still dont understand why lol)
    I finally have Adams album and every day i have a new favourite song, its changes all the time, it has never happened to me before.

Some of them just seem to be a bit precious about Matt's songs. I think Adam's done well with it though. He's made it quite theatrical, and I think it wouldn't sound out of place in a musical or something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_h786 wrote: »
    you lot were right! I bought this a few days back and I can't stop listening to it!...its really an impressive debut...all the songs ooze a mixture of attitude, spunk and vulnerability (on the ballads)....he can carry off the ballads and the uptempo numbers really well...im officially a fan of his now!...i hope he does well with this CD....xo

I know-he's amazing!!! This is all I've listened to since I got it!( Well that and Allison Iraheta's album!):D:D:D
    :D(It was #3 in America+sold 198,000 copies in the 1st week):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's exactly what's happened with me and some of my friends who have he album . usually I have one or two favourites and some I'm not too keen on but I can honestly say that there are none I don't like .. and yes, my favourite changes every couple of days. From the original samples Whatya Want From Me was one of my least favourites but having seen him perform it live on a couple of TV shows I now can't stop playing it ..

I also like the two bonus tracks that you get on download with the US deluxe edition

Masterplan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCVl6VFd47Q

Down The Rabbit Hole (I'm actually obsessed with this song .. lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4gaYCWq45E

I'm probably a bit biased as I've been an Adam fan even before his audition aired .. but I'm not disappointed at all with this album .. and a lot of my friends who weren't AI watchers have also bought it after hearing mine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    That's exactly what's happened with me and some of my friends who have he album . usually I have one or two favourites and some I'm not too keen on but I can honestly say that there are none I don't like .. and yes, my favourite changes every couple of days. From the original samples Whatya Want From Me was one of my least favourites but having seen him perform it live on a couple of TV shows I now can't stop playing it ..

I also like the two bonus tracks that you get on download with the US deluxe edition

Masterplan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCVl6VFd47Q

Down The Rabbit Hole (I'm actually obsessed with this song .. lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4gaYCWq45E

I'm probably a bit biased as I've been an Adam fan even before his audition aired .. but I'm not disappointed at all with this album .. and a lot of my friends who weren't AI watchers have also bought it after hearing mine.

I love those bonus songs too! :) Can't wait to hear the other one 'Voodoo' when it comes out!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I too agree with loving all the songs on Adam's album, with favorites changing every couple days. I too am obsessed with "Down the Rabbit Hole" - I wasn't so crazy about it at first, but then something clicked and I can't stop playing it! I was playing it about 3am while on the computer (and exhausted) but couldn't help myself from getting up and dancing to it. Great song. Great album !