Options

Cache Errors constantly happening

My laptop rarely lasts for 2 hours of internet browsing before I have to clear the cache as websites start not working properly. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

It happens on Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome so its not one browsers problem?

Comments

• Options
    user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For issues like, that most of the time it is quicker to re-install windows than to waste time looking for a solution to the issue :(
  • Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glasgow67 wrote: »
    My laptop rarely lasts for 2 hours of internet browsing before I have to clear the cache as websites start not working properly. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

It happens on Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome so its not one browsers problem?

Can you clarify "websites start not working properly" please?
  • Options
    glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,324
    Forum Member
    Stig wrote: »
    Can you clarify "websites start not working properly" please?

Youtube as an example, videos either dont show up or there is just a black shape where it should be. The main page comes up as a list of writing.

Other websites like forums some peoples avatars dont show up but some do.

Wikipedia, the writing is bigger than normal and rather than the normal way it looks the paragraphs say [edit] in blue writing above them.

Even this forum, the main forum page shows up as like all white background with black writing and the blue links to the sub forum bits.

Basically links you can click on come up in blue writing and everything else is in black on a white page.

This is a screenshot of how the main youtube page looks http://i46.tinypic.com/2dgw11e.jpg
  • Options
    Helmut10Helmut10 Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did you do the last basic maintenance tasks.

Like scanning for Malware/Viruses, and Scanning for any Hard Disk drive problems, Ensuring sufficient hard drive space etc ?
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What ISP?

But normally its caused by timeouts to get that sort of error so it could be anything from bad wiring to your isp to they are having a bad day or 2 with some tech stuff even down to inter ISP peering can cause these prob's so perhaps check your isps forums and see if theres a load of moaning going on
  • Options
    max99max99 Posts: 9,002
    Forum Member
    Do a speedtest several times throughout the day and post back with the results:

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

Also, how do you connect to the Internet? Wireless? Ethernet? Mobile dongle?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I last scanned for viruses today, there were none, I used malwarebytes.

ISP is Virgin Media

Its been happening since I got this Laptop about 1 month ago, from the first day.

I havent scanned for any hard-disk problems.

Done a speedtest today at about 12pm and it was around 37 ping, 21mbps download and 4.5mbps upload

Done is again there and http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1359409471&v=18595722

I use wireless and this is a screencap of how this website looks when it happens... http://i48.tinypic.com/xni4qg.png

Sacnned the hard disk there and said there were no errors.
  • Options
    LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Go to control panel, Internet options, Advanced and click on 'Restore advanced settings'. See does that help, you may have to reboot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LION8TIGER wrote: »
    Go to control panel, Internet options, Advanced and click on 'Restore advanced settings'. See does that help, you may have to reboot.

I done that there and it made this website go back to normal but youtube didnt
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think I might have fixed it, I went into add or remove programmes and removed Yontoo LLC and now all websites are working fine. It must have been a virus or some sort of programme messing it up.

Thanks for your help anyway guys, hopefully thats it sorted and I dont have to come back again :(