Options

Family filmed trying to force giant sofa in to tiny car!

13»

Comments

• Options
    WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    My SiL and husband bought a new 3 storey town house on a large development.
    Kitchen on GF, living room 1st floor, bedrooms top floor.
    The sofa had to be hoisted to first floor from outside after the living room window frame was removed.
    The developers had to make such arrangements for lots of buyers.
    Internally the stair banister also had to be removed to get the armchairs upstairs.

We bought on a new development and the house next to us was a three-story town house with the living room on the first floor. They had to remove the windows on the first floor to get the sofa in. This was quite early on in the build and before long subsequent versions of the house were built with a Juliette balcony in the living room so that people could open the doors. They were built without the railings and then once people had moved in the developers bolted on the railings. They can be easily removed for when people move.
  • Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On which council estate did that happen on? :o
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    no, i`m still struggling, it`s only about three minutes of video so hardly a long time and anyone who has moved house with a big sofa will know that sometimes you find a way when it seems impossible.

it is clear that this isn`t going to fit but i don`t know why they`re being knocked for trying.

Your kidding right?

It shows complete idiocy. Look at the sofa, look at the car. No one with any sense would ever think that could ever fit.

It is funny.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cessna wrote: »
    Some years ago - delivering sofas and armchairs etc for M and S, I lost count of how many people purchased the largest items of furniture without a thought of how the item could be carried in or up narrow openings such as stairs, garden paths, alleyways and door openings etc. In one instance unable to get a huge sofa into a ladies small house through any entrance the sofa was finally left half in half out of an open window, unable to budge either way.

Slightly different situation BUT we had to get our sofa pulled up through the balcony as it didn't fit through the hallway. So we had to hire some people to do this, use a neighbours garden and had a sofa pulled up 40ft to our top floor place!! Nightmare.

To be fair we had the sofa before the narrow hallway (although we did have to remove our front door in our old place to fit the darn thing in :o)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On which council estate did that happen on? :o

Its an Eastern European family.

Ive seen them trying all sorts of wacky things.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish they would hurry up and invent the front-wheel drive couch.
    I do not mean a Ford Galaxy

Here you go. :)
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one watching and thinking eoww they are putting their cushions on a flithy ground.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    s2k wrote: »
    Despite what some seem to think there are no laws against filming in public places.

The Old Bill don't like it when you try and film them, though.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LakieLady wrote: »
    The Old Bill don't like it when you try and film them, though.

Yep, but it makes no difference though. They still don't have the power to stop you from filming them. They'll probably lie to try and stop you though.
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    “...stop arguing woman....we definitely had this car when we bought the sofa.........” :confused:

God loves a ‘trier’.
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no, i`m still struggling, it`s only about three minutes of video so hardly a long time and anyone who has moved house with a big sofa will know that sometimes you find a way when it seems impossible.

it is clear that this isn`t going to fit but i don`t know why they`re being knocked for trying.

Annette is that you in the video? :D
  • Options
    seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe you`re all too clever to at least try something that looks too difficult.
    i had some furniture delivered by professional delivery men, it took them about fifteen minutes to work out a way of getting it in, i didn`t laugh at them either.
    But they turned up in a van I bet.
    i see some people having a go at solving a problem, where`s the funny part?
    But they are not solving it, they have created one.

Hi Annette, sweetheart, I would like you to sit down and watch this.

The sofa and car is similar, it's in the same league of comedic value.

I think someone has already said it, it's ambition over physics.
    :)
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only went in sofar
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's when he scratches his head is when it makes me laugh
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the video was hilarious, but do think their plan was to just wedge it far enough that it would stay and drive with the thing sticking out the back dangerously.

I say that because I've seen people do this lots, who don't care that their lights and number plate might be missing/obscured.

I bet they also intended to get that in, then squeeze in the cushions, and then themselves.
  • Options
    Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you aware that you don't actually need permission to film? You don't need permission to upload footage to the internet either.
    Are you also aware that it's illegal to assault someone or damage their property?

Do you know if it is legal to upload somebody's car with number plate or a house with street and number?
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course. It's not hidden when in public is it?
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rose Budd wrote: »
    Do you know if it is legal to upload somebody's car with number plate or a house with street and number?

Lol! No it's not. Wherever did you get that idea? Have you seen any of the thousands of YouTube clips of drivers, cyclists and motorbike riders who have uploaded footage from helmet cams or dashcams, complete with other users' number plates clearly visible.