Alexandra Burke - No More You *FULL VERSION* - Vocalsssssss!!

ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
Forum Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsLG3umD8D0

You might have heard preview, full version leaked last night.

Really nice ballad IMO
Her vocals are really impressive, probably her best vocals to date! Especially towards end.

Comments

• Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunning Vocals, I pray for the day that the music industry will again welcome this type of music back onto the charts! I can't see it happening any time soon though
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Yaaas vocals!
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like it.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The end is unbearable. No one likes a growler
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great voice but the song to me sounds really cheap and bland.

I would love her to go back to songs like Bad Boys and All Night Long.
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Urgh.

She deserves better material than this shit. It sounds so cheaply produced and like any 10 year old with Garageband could've made. Her voice is so much better than that song.
  • Alex_OkoampaAlex_Okoampa Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I don't think it sounds cheap at all! Its well produced and those vocals slayyyyyyyyy my lifeeeeee
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it but there was no "slay" there.
    On the other hand, I just now discovered "Before The Rain" from deluxe edition of Overcome and I LOVED it.

I do miss Alexandra and hope we see a third album of the same standard.
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's great the song is dire!
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Killer ballad - stellar vocals. Simply the best act the X Factor has produced
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it sounds cheap at all! Its well produced and those vocals slayyyyyyyyy my lifeeeeee

Worst expression ever.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is not well produced. It sounds like it was recorded with a piece of bread
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great voice but the song to me sounds really cheap and bland.

I would love her to go back to songs like Bad Boys and All Night Long.

Actually I think those songs were her undoing, light, unmemorable and little more than dance songs. Alexandra's vocal range and soulful singing could have been better deployed than with those songs.
    Urgh.

She deserves better material than this shit. It sounds so cheaply produced and like any 10 year old with Garageband could've made. Her voice is so much better than that song.

I think this is an early draft version really and whilst the song is along the right lines, I think Alex needs something stronger.

I still don't understand why the best singer to emerge from XF who held her own with Beyonce, produced a great version of Hallejulah, has great looks and a great soulful voice is not a huge star? I suppose a catalogue of moderate pop singles and the perception of being 'unlikeable' (whatever that means?) has not helped.

But if it had been Alexandra who had produced 'Bleeding Love' or 'Ghost' where would she be now?
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Actually I think those songs were her undoing, light, unmemorable and little more than dance songs. Alexandra's vocal range and soulful singing could have been better deployed than with those songs.

I think this is an early draft version really and whilst the song is along the right lines, I think Alex needs something stronger.

I still don't understand why the best singer to emerge from XF who held her own with Beyonce, produced a great version of Hallejulah, has great looks and a great soulful voice is not a huge star? I suppose a catalogue of moderate pop singles and the perception of being 'unlikeable' (whatever that means?) has not helped.

But if it had been Alexandra who had produced 'Bleeding Love' or 'Ghost' where would she be now?

I don't think she's the best singer to emerge from XF. I dont think she's anywhere near the best. She always lacked something for me, but I could never tell what it was.

However, her first album was brilliant. Her led single from album 2 was good, but the rest has just been awful.

Alexandra wouldn't of had the power to do 'Bleeding Love' and 'Ghost' wouldn't of suited her. IF she did either of those, she probably would've ended up the same as where she is now - as SyCo wouldve been her label.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's the best singer to emerge from XF. I dont think she's anywhere near the best. She always lacked something for me, but I could never tell what it was.

However, her first album was brilliant. Her led single from album 2 was good, but the rest has just been awful.

Alexandra wouldn't of had the power to do 'Bleeding Love' and 'Ghost' wouldn't of suited her. IF she did either of those, she probably would've ended up the same as where she is now - as SyCo wouldve been her label.

errr yes she quite clearly is!
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    errr yes she quite clearly is!

Opinions are great, aren't they?

I don't think she is. Her voice is brilliant, don't get me wrong. But I find it a bit low for my tastes.

Again, I bought 'Overcome' when it came out after 'Bad Boys' and it's one of the best albums from an X Factor act, easily. I really hope she gets back to that level.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Opinions are great, aren't they?

I don't think she is. Her voice is brilliant, don't get me wrong. But I find it a bit low for my tastes.

Again, I bought 'Overcome' when it came out after 'Bad Boys' and it's one of the best albums from an X Factor act, easily. I really hope she gets back to that level.

Seriously do you only like artists with a high vocal range?

I like artists who produce good music and songs irrespective of range.
    Mainly because performance is about interpretation.
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Seriously do you only like artists with a high vocal range?

I like artists who produce good music and songs irrespective of range.
    Mainly because performance is about interpretation.

I said it was too low for my taste. Which is absolutely fair. I don't just like artists with HIGH vocal ranges, I just personally, find Alex's voice to sound a little low for my personal liking.

You're absolutely right in the second part - hence me saying I loved Overcome. I bought her album, I bought her debut single, and I have kept an eye on her career because I like her material.

My god. Can people not state their opinion these days?
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is so terrible and destined to flop, lool