Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• Options
    volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Hyping a song because of press review won't do shit to both of them. I never said Leona can release her single anytime she wants, but hyping it up by couple of press reviews will only hype the fans up. It's when promo kicks in that will decide where she'll chart

So you say press is not important? :cool:
    If Billboard writes some article of course Leona will benefit...at least her name is there and people will be aware of new music by Leona

All this stuff is 'pre-campagne' and even if it starts today it doesn't mean single will premiere in next month......FUMF was start of 'pre-campagne' but nothing else happened or followed

promo (probably you mean performances) in UK will start closer to single release date (and thats at least 2 months away)...there is much more work to do before that
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariella52 wrote: »
    We don't know that the single's been mixed. Only that a sound engineer tweeted that he'd mixed something for Leona.

A lot of the hype has actually come from fans reading novels into small hints. I love to speculate and search for clues. But some of them are red herrings which we create for ourselves. There hasn't been a public start at all.

It might be worth listing the solid information.

Eg. The album is finished. It is due for a Summer release.

What else?

exactly this. People are so bloody negative all the time and acting like spoilt children, boo hoo nothing's come out yet. So what? Wouldn't you rather wait a little bit longer and them pick the correct launch strategy than rush release something they think is good then have it back fire, just because a few people on digital spy are getting impatient? (*you* as in "people in general", not you ariella haha).

There are much more pressing issues in the world than overreacting about Leona's career, and claiming that Island are just as bad as Syco, because some people feel "let down" that nothing has been announced. The album is finished, GREAT, and I'm actually glad they're sitting on it now rather than still recording. It would make me more nervous to think that they were still recording after announcing release dates and singles. They obviously have a solid album of material that they don't feel they need to change, but there are a LOT of things to work out - especially with a relaunch.

I'm going to stop ranting now, because there are a lot more things to consider than when the fans want music. We've NEVER been given any solid info, only been told little snippets of how the process is going. If Soe and others hadn't have given you that information, no doubt people would be less stressed out because people are getting hyped up and letting themselves down. JUST CHILL OUT - The music will be here, when it's here.

Oh, and in regards to the FUMF snippet - when did they EVER say "here's a preview, because we're giving you new music in the next month". Never. Amy Lee posted a vide of her playing part of a song on piano and singing along to it a FULL YEAR AND A HALF before the album was released - small performance snippets mean NOTHING. It's just a nice little glimpse for people to see what's been happening. I think one is acceptable, because you don't want to give too much away. I imagine Leona is proud of this record, and the label won't want too much getting out too early. If there had been numerous clips and then nothing for months, then I'd be concerned - but it was a low quality rehearsal snippet, not a "live studio" video like when the GH acoustics were put out etc.
  • Options
    volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    exactly this. People are so bloody negative all the time and acting like spoilt children, boo hoo nothing's come out yet. So what? Wouldn't you rather wait a little bit longer and them pick the correct launch strategy than rush release something they think is good then have it back fire, just because a few people on digital spy are getting impatient? (*you* as in "people in general", not you ariella haha).

There are much more pressing issues in the world than overreacting about Leona's career, and claiming that Island are just as bad as Syco, because some people feel "let down" that nothing has been announced. The album is finished, GREAT, and I'm actually glad they're sitting on it now rather than still recording. It would make me more nervous to think that they were still recording after announcing release dates and singles. They obviously have a solid album of material that they don't feel they need to change, but there are a LOT of things to work out - especially with a relaunch.

I'm going to stop ranting now, because there are a lot more things to consider than when the fans want music. We've NEVER been given any solid info, only been told little snippets of how the process is going. If Soe and others hadn't have given you that information, no doubt people would be less stressed out because people are getting hyped up and letting themselves down. JUST CHILL OUT - The music will be here, when it's here.

Oh, and in regards to the FUMF snippet - when did they EVER say "here's a preview, because we're giving you new music in the next month". Never. Amy Lee posted a vide of her playing part of a song on piano and singing along to it a FULL YEAR AND A HALF before the album was released - small performance snippets mean NOTHING. It's just a nice little glimpse for people to see what's been happening. I think one is acceptable, because you don't want to give too much away. I imagine Leona is proud of this record, and the label won't want too much getting out too early. If there had been numerous clips and then nothing for months, then I'd be concerned - but it was a low quality rehearsal snippet, not a "live studio" video like when the GH acoustics were put out etc.

and overreacting because of few negative posts in this thread also :p

Leave people alone, you are here for years already (just like I am) and you know things here can get much much more worse and negative compared to these last posts :) this is very light and 'softcore' :cool:

PS FUMF snipped wasn't just a 'Leona playing piano' so you can't compare it with Amy Lee situation...it looked like professional footage...something like Come alive on her vevo.... + we were supposed to get some album recording behind the scenes videos (I just rememberd that, who announced it? what happened with that ?)

PS for all impatient people...you can listen new Madonna's album while waiting for Leona :) its amazing :)this remix slayed me
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    volume3d wrote: »
    we dont need a date...they can send like 3 songs to some press people, they can review them, write something, hype it a little bit, give us maybe titles or something...maybe they (Island team) plan to do all this in next month or two but that means album wont be out before September (like I said few days ago)........if they dont plan to do anything and will just premiere her single without any hype and campagne before preimere they are crazy as Syco (maybe music will be better) :)

My prediction:
    ww single premiere mid March, UK release date last week of April or first week of May, second Uk single premiered in June, released mid July and finally album released mid or late September with 3rd single released week before

PS you cant compare Leona with Adele or Rihanna.....they both can release single anytime and probably would score top3 on itunes in all 100+ countries with itunes
    If Leona does something like that she will score top100 on itunes in 2-5 countries and freefall day after

Exactly! You and I haven't mentioned any date - it's the positive ones that are mentioning dates!
    It's not hard to send singles to press reviewers to get hype up. So simple and should've been done!
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member

Leave people alone, you are here for years already (just like I am) and you know things here can get much much more worse and negative compared to these last posts :) this is very light and 'softcore' :cool:

PS FUMF snipped wasn't just a 'Leona playing piano' so you can't compare it with Amy Lee situation...it looked like professional footage...something like Come alive on her vevo.... + we were supposed to get some album recording behind the scenes videos (I just rememberd that, who announced it? what happened with that ?)

Right again!

There's a bigger reaction to negative posts on here than there is to her career. But, apparently that doesn't count you see!
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member

That's my point. Nobody announced it. They posted new images of what looked like behind the scenes footage and it was assumed that they were stills from a video because of the tag "sessions".

A lot of what is talked about as fact is speculation. I find it fun, but if people then get disappointed about something that was never confirmed in the first place...

But, like you said, things can get more lively here, especially when nothing much is happening.

Then there are the debates about the state of her voice when she finally starts performing...:cool:
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Lol round and round in circles we go. :p

I don't really see how you can critisize a campaign that hasn't even started. And articles/press releases would be nice, but they will hardly impact at all. It's all about radio support tbh. I hope her team have a radio tour lined up for the lead single. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

PS for all impatient people...you can listen new Madonna's album while waiting for Leona :) its amazing :)this remix slayed me

I'm not really overreacting, I just find it totally pointless and reductive. It gets boring coming on here and just finding constant moaning about things (that were never even confirmed) not happening, or how Island are such a 'let down' even though we have absolutely NOTHING to go on to say that.

The FUMF video wasn't professional at all, the audio was through the microphone on the camera and the quality was bloody awful if it was 'professional'. I only mention the Amy Lee thing because that was a HD recording of her in the studio 'rehearsing', it was very similar to FUMF (although Amy's video was better quality). The BTS video was confirmed, and it was confirmed that it would be coming out, but only forum members said the date - it was always speculation that it was coming around December/January time. I imagine they'll want to upload that when the single announcement or premiere has taken place.

All I'm saying is that if you're going to get so disheartened by the fact that we have no music yet, don't. We're a small group of dedicated fans out of hundreds of thousands of casual fans, we're like 1% of her fanbase, if that. They will be looking at the bigger picture and how they would get the general public to buy her music, especially with this basically being a relaunch for her. They might care what we have to say, but they're the ones employed to do this, and they're going to trust their experience and expertise over a small group of fans online. So just chill and let things unfold, it could be her best era yet, but we won't know until the era officially starts. :)
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    but they've never said it's kicking of anytime soon after the snippet, that's why they didn't mention a premiere date, an album name whatsoever...

It's not an awful start either because it hasn't even started at all :/

If we go by this logic then Adele her 3rd album has been delayed 4 times and Rihanna's album as well... While they never had any date confirmed

YES YES YES I'm glad someone is speaking some sense in here. Reading this thread is making me depressed and wanted to scream at the person's post in which this was a response to :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Saying that Island is like Syco or even could be close is such a stretch... especially given the little we know. Yeah, the wait can be a little daunting, not denying that whatsoever. However, do you think the general public even know if the album was meant to come out earlier than it is? Probably not.

So far, we know nothing to assume that Island have made any mistakes with Leona. They obviously care more about Leona succeeding than rushing out an album for an audience that may not be completely ready for it yet. Patience people, no need to meltdown and spell doom for this album.

The album is obviously of high quality and is taking a creative direction we haven't really heard from Leona, a direction she should have taken long ago. It's such a perfect combination with her voice, style and personality. Syco couldn't even deliver that. So let us not compare two totally different labels, with different ethics and different circumstances.
  • Options
    Eliott1301Eliott1301 Posts: 2,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona should be hyping is up.. She is so boring on all social networks and you can tell this by her 100k on Instagram and only 1 million followers on fb.. She only has 6million people on facebook because of the spirit era and even that's very little compared to other artists these days.

I am not being negative but social networking in the new era is a massive push for sales and producing new fans.. Leona just doesn't seem interested and giving us a little oh I love my fans a few times a month is not enough in my opinion. It's fine for beyonce. It's fine for adele because they are massive.. Leona has very little recognition in the music industry right now so she needs all the fans she can get!

Rant over just frustrates me as I would be so different if my career was make or break like this..
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you say press is not important? :cool:
    If Billboard writes some article of course Leona will benefit...at least her name is there and people will be aware of new music by Leona
    t

Im saying, like envoirment said, a press review of couple of album tracks doesnt change anything. 2 weeks after everyone has forgotten by it. Press is important once she has released something. It's just us wanting news which is understandable. But once again we fall for our own made up expactations, some can deal with it others dont
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eliott1301 wrote: »
    Leona should be hyping is up.. She is so boring on all social networks and you can tell this by her 100k on Instagram and only 1 million followers on fb.. She only has 6million people on facebook because of the spirit era and even that's very little compared to other artists these days.

I am not being negative but social networking in the new era is a massive push for sales and producing new fans.. Leona just doesn't seem interested and giving us a little oh I love my fans a few times a month is not enough in my opinion. It's fine for beyonce. It's fine for adele because they are massive.. Leona has very little recognition in the music industry right now so she needs all the fans she can get!

Rant over just frustrates me as I would be so different if my career was make or break like this..

She gained 2mill likes on fb since CWL era

Like I said before, none of the artists are hyping up there album. Not even on twitter
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Eliott1301 wrote: »

Facebook wasn't so popular when she was on top of the charts back in 2007/2008 just to make it clear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facebook wasn't so popular when she was on top of the charts back in 2007/2008 just to make it clear.

Facebook was still only available to students during 2007/2008 too, it was only later in the year that it was launched for everyone I believe (or even 2009). It was still a while till 'pages' became a thing as well.
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    I think Island Records know what they're doing and they're just trying to make this release as good as possible. It's very important to start the campaign right and don't make any mistake especially with an artist like Leona she's not a typical Island Records artist.

Secondly I'm quite pissed off because they knew we were expecting the era will begin shortly after New Year when they premiered the snippet of FUMF before Christmas but they didn't tell us anything they just let the hype grow and then fade away which is pointless in my view.

And I strongly recommend not to say things like "It's coming soon stay tuned for updates!!!" when it's not true just to calm us down. It's far better to say guys we all have to wait 2 more months than say it's coming soon and all of us are waiting like crazy expecting the song to drop any day and nothing happens. It just makes fans angry....and that's not good.
  • Options
    pespes Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's see how help Leona's fifth album considering also streaming will count towards the official album chart...

Albums played on streaming services such as Spotify and Google Play are to be included in the UK charts for the first time in its 59-year history.
    The first chart to include streams will be published on Sunday 1st March – the first chart after The Brits on February 25.Album streams will be counted by compiling the data from the 12 most-streamed tracks from each album.
    The top two most-streamed songs will be rounded down to the average of the next ten, with all songs being added together and then divided by 1,000.
    The overall number will then be added to the physical and digital sales of the album.
    Each track will have to be played for 30 seconds before it counts as one stream and only ten plays will be counted per user, per day to stop fans from deliberately cheating the system.
    The 1,000 ratio is used to reflect the broad difference in value between a track stream and the price paid for an album. Chart bosses say this method will ensure hit singles do not ‘skew’ the performance of a parent album.
  • Options
    Paul_MarsdenPaul_Marsden Posts: 1,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people read too much into the FUMF snippet (including me), we saw "getting ready for 2015..." and assumed that was the start of the era without any solid information
    so i dont know how we can get mad at them for our own assumptions

also leona is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't because people dont like it if shes stays slient and then when she posts a video people still moan about it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pes wrote: »
    Let's see how help Leona's fifth album considering also streaming will count towards the official album chart...

Based on the formula, it shouldn't actually affect sales that much and also means that even if you get a huge hit, it shouldn't be able to generate a large amount of album sales too (unlike what's happening for Mark Ronson/Uptown Funk on the Billboard 200). Whilst I'm not too happy with it, I think Leona will do fine in her debut week if she has a good-sized hit and thankfully for her, the likes of Sam Smith & Ed Sheeran should have calmed down quite a bit by the time the album comes.
  • Options
    butlernybutlerny Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need to stop panicing it was us who assumed they never announced anything so the era hasnt even started i bet you they have an amazing plan ready..they cannot do anything like syco so chill guys when it comes you watch it all go woooosh and then we will all be Happy so SCYHO and just be patient ..remeber they have said when ir anything so they havent got anything wrong yet ..:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you look at their artists, I'm pretty sure they know EXACTLY what they're doing.. Keisza, Hozier, Florence, Jessie J, ... They ain't playing

And I think some people here think they can't be negative about Leona, which is totally not true. You can have opinions about her voice, look, ... but I just hate prejudgement. I will always give people a chance to prove themselve and so far they haven't had the chance to do this so we wait.
  • Options
    AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Y'all need several drinks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Y'all need several drinks.

Sorted. :cool:

Hopefully we'll have some info by the end of the month. I'm quite happy if they want to wait until the BRITS are over though, as everything will be about it/the acts on it and could potentially take away from Leona's lead single premiere a little bit. Also leaving it a little later gives Leona the perfect oppotunity to promote on The Voice and perhaps again on BGT. :cool: :D
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OT but it seems like hackers have found a new way to get hold of albums which major labels haven't been prepared for.

Madonna's leaked, then Bjorks and tonight Marina and the Diamonds album leaked. It happened to all three of them 2-3 months before release. Hopefully Island have got Leona's album locked up tight.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think we are getting anything this month now, but I am still excited as I am almost 100% certain she'll attend The Brits this year.

And she'll walk the red carpet and be interviewed by several journalists, who will probably ask her when we will hear new music, so I really can't wait. I think theres a high chance for some proper info then.

Its basically less than two weeks to go now.
This discussion has been closed.