Stop NHS privatisation- sign now

Comments

• molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would need to ask them I have no insight into their minds sorry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    84,160 this is growing quickly

It is - I just hope people know why they're signing it.
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    You would need to ask them I have no insight into their minds sorry.

Your main reason is that you think your GP is a sort of demi god. Why not trust the medical profession in general rather than just one person?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    85,560 now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your main reason is that you think your GP is a sort of demi god. Why not trust the medical profession in general rather than just one person?

He is no demi god I just trust him on health care he hasn't let his patients down yet. That's not to say I have always agreed with him far from it but if we cannot trust our health care professionals then who can we trust.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is no demi god I just trust him on health care he hasn't let his patients down yet. That's not to say I have always agreed with him far from it but if we cannot trust our health care professionals then who can we trust.

Well you are choosing to distrust the majority of them in their attitude to these proposed NHS reforms.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm choosing to trust someone who I know and has been right before, he has far more understanding about what the NHS needs than me. And I may add I have no idea what your expertise is so why would I follow what you believe is right ?
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    jafsie wrote: »

i think you have bastardised the petition. it doesn't mention the privatisation of the health service at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    86,930 now (it was 83,031 at 3pm)
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    86,930 now (it was 83,031 at 3pm)

Wow that's really interesting
  • 555555 Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they privatising the NHS?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    That is a lot of signatures. 88,761 at the time of posting this.

When was the petition started?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    555 wrote: »
    Are they privatising the NHS?
    Not from how I understand the proposals it's scaremongering imo
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some of you should post the address for the petition in a few more sites if you are members of others. The NHS is worth protecting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some of you should post the address for the petition in a few more sites if you are members of others. The NHS is worth protecting.

This is one occasion it is worth e-mailing it to friends.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Signed. I think there's also a Facebook and Twitter link for anyone who wants to share to others.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kellan_x wrote: »
    That is a lot of signatures. 88,761 at the time of posting this.

When was the petition started?

No idea but over 90,000 now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    91,636 less than 9,000 to go.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The NHS isn't being privatised, so getting to 100,000 signatures is pretty meaningless.

However, an objective Parliamentary debate on future privatisation and the well-documented success of the private systems in all comparable European countries in comparison to the NHS would be quite welcome.
  • QofShebaQofSheba Posts: 43,330
    Forum Member
    Signed.

Andrew Langsley has a vested interest in two of the private companies who are bidding for contracts. According to Pivate Eye parts of the NHS have already been privatised.
  • PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Wow. That'll work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't pretend to understand the structures in the NHS I just know we need to make some changes soon or it will collapse in some areas and anything that could bring more money in to fund it has to be applauded.

this bill will take money away from services to fund the changes

a whole layer of administrators and management will be made redundant get redundancy pay and then because someone will need to do they job the same people will be redeployed under a different name

Offices in hospitals wont be needed BUT these administrators will need to work from somewhere and current GP surgeries wont be big enough so more money will be lost building offices for the admin staff to work from

Incidentally GPs will not be able to do so much work as they will have more admin duties and so more GPs will be needed again wasting money

I would far rather my GP do the job they trained for rather than having control of a vast budget
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    98,857 getting very close.
  • peter3hgpeter3hg Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shefair wrote: »
    this bill will take money away from services to fund the changes

a whole layer of administrators and management will be made redundant get redundancy pay and then because someone will need to do they job the same people will be redeployed under a different name

Offices in hospitals wont be needed BUT these administrators will need to work from somewhere and current GP surgeries wont be big enough so more money will be lost building offices for the admin staff to work from

Incidentally GPs will not be able to do so much work as they will have more admin duties and so more GPs will be needed again wasting money

I would far rather my GP do the job they trained for rather than having control of a vast budget

The admin and management won't be made redundant, they will simply be TUPE'd over to the CCGs. The GPs in reality will have minimal involvement, they may make some overarching decisions but the day to day commissioning work will be carried out by the same people that currently do it.
    Personally I think the CCGs shouldn't ever progress beyond a shadow "advisory" role and the PCT clusters that have come into existence should become the new solution. Theoretically these should be cheaper to run than the old PCTs but still local enough to deal with local healthcare issues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    100,893 wow. Success.

Clearly an awful lot of people do not like this bill.