Merlin Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've come to break up this talk of Colin because I'm so jealous it hurts! :p
    I want your opinion on a dvd theory of mine. I've just noticed that Being Human has got a 1-5 boxset release and that finished after Merlin so I was wondering why Merlin didn't and then I remembered what you guys said about the covers being different because they were released by different companies. I'm rather clueless about copyright etc so does it make sense that they can't release a complete set because two different companies have the rights for different series? Is that likely to remain the same?
    Sorry to drag this topic up again but I'm getting impatient and I want to make sure that I'm not going to get caught out once I've given in and bought them individually. :)
  • Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natarhi wrote: »
    Have you forgotten already? :p It now goes:

Tickets
    Melted chocolate (in thermos)
    Whipped cream (at least 2 cans)
    VODKA <---written in red capitals and underlined twice
    Gag [in case you start squeeling at the sight of Colin]
    Sick bag [in case you throw up]

That's it so far. :D

You've forgotten the nappies and tena lady pads in case I wet myself. You might also want to add a defibrillator in case Colin appears with no clothes on, or very few clothes on, and I have a heart attack. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Btw Natarhi, I learnt a trick on here the other day, you can write stuff in red using [highlight], for example:

[highlight]VODKA[/highlight]

I can only manage one underline though, sorry :cool:
  • NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »
    I've come to break up this talk of Colin because I'm so jealous it hurts! :p
    I want your opinion on a dvd theory of mine. I've just noticed that Being Human has got a 1-5 boxset release and that finished after Merlin so I was wondering why Merlin didn't and then I remembered what you guys said about the covers being different because they were released by different companies. I'm rather clueless about copyright etc so does it make sense that they can't release a complete set because two different companies have the rights for different series? Is that likely to remain the same?
    Sorry to drag this topic up again but I'm getting impatient and I want to make sure that I'm not going to get caught out once I've given in and bought them individually. :)
    I don't know but it would make sense for that to be the case. (I did wonder if that was affecting it when I was writing out the descriptions of the covers.)
    You've forgotten the nappies and tena lady pads in case I wet myself. You might also want to add a defibrillator in case Colin appears with no clothes on, or very few clothes on, and I have a heart attack. :)
    No I didn't forget. ;) Like I said when this first came up it's no good me bringing nappies and tena lady pads, you need to be wearing them. So Avi is going to forewarn us of Colin's costume and if you think you might wet yourself then you can make sure to wear some protection. :p

Also it occurs to me that you have thus far threatened to; wet yourself, throw up, faint, squeal and rush the stage. Are you planning on retaining control of any of your bodily functions? :p;)
    Btw Natarhi, I learnt a trick on here the other day, you can write stuff in red using [highlight], for example:

[highlight]VODKA[/highlight]
    Oooh, thanks! How lucky highlight comes up red. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I didn't forget. ;) Like I said when this came up it's no good me bringing nappies and tena lady pads, you need to be wearing them. So Avi is going to forewarn us of Colin's costume and if you think you might wet yourself then you can make sure to wear some protection. :p

I suppose that would make sense for me to be wearing them. You could always bring some spares just in case though. ;) Oh, and some smelling salts in case I faint.

Am I going to retain control of any of my bodily functions - well, I will try my best not to crap myself, but I may be doing that in fear if I ask Colin a question. So I'm afraid the answer is probably no. And I will probably cry as well. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose that would make sense for me to be wearing them. You could always bring some spares just in case though. ;) Oh, and some smelling salts in case I faint.
    :rolleyes: I'll bring a towel and some baby wipes, they'll be useful in case of vomit too. (God, this is getting to be like going to work :p)

*adds towel, baby wipes and smelling salts to list*
    Am I going to retain control of any of my bodily functions - well, I will try my best not to crap myself, but I may be doing that in fear if I ask Colin a question. So I'm afraid the answer is probably no. And I will probably cry as well. :o
    Yup. Definitely like going to work. :p:D;)
  • SmintSmint Posts: 4,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

*whispers to Natarhi*

Is it too late to change our seats?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smint wrote: »
    *whispers to Natarhi*

*whispers back*

Probably.

(Plus I'd feel bad leaving her unaccompanied ;))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *whispers back*

Probably.

(Plus I'd feel bad leaving her unaccompanied ;))

Not as bad as the way you'll feel if she vomits, wees and poos herself . . . and you'll be on your own with THAT lot! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as bad as the way you'll feel if she vomits, wees and poos herself . . . and you'll be on your own with THAT lot! :D
    *imagines look on faces of other Globe patrons if Keren starts weeing, crying and throwing up whenever Colin walks on stage*

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :D:D Oh, it'd almost almost be worth it! Just for the reactions. :D

Good to know I've got your full support in looking after Keren. :p Don't worry you can sit on the aisle seat and I'll sit in the middle and we can put Keren on the inside. That'll stop her rushing the stage, keep you away from any accidents and maximise the effect of her hysterics on the other audience members. ;):D

This is going to be fun! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to know I've got your full support in looking after Keren. :p

Oi, I don't need looking after! I'll sit on my own then, wouldn't want to embarrass you both. :(:cry:
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *whispers to Natarhi*

I'd change the day I went let alone my seat ;):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oi, I don't need looking after! I'll sit on my own then, wouldn't want to embarrass you both. :(:cry:
    You don't need looking after? Really?? Have you seen the list of things I am bringing for you? :p

Anyway did you not read the rest of my post, I won't be embarrassed at all :) (well, not by the squealing/fainting/etc etc out of excitement/nerves. If you ask people to sing to us at the Q&A I may very well implode with embarrassment :o).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    I'd change the day I went let alone my seat ;):p

Ah but there aren't many other Q&A sessions, so they can't change. At least Natarhi can't, she might start hyperventilating again if she can't get a ticket. ;)
    You don't need looking after? Really?? Have you seen the list of things I am bringing for you? :p

Anyway did you not read the rest of my post, I won't be embarrassed at all :) (well, not by the squealing/fainting/etc etc out of excitement/nerves. If you ask people to sing to us at the Q&A I may very well implode with embarrassment :o).

You're looking after me by bringing copious amounts of vodka and whipped cream? Hmmm.

<Makes mental note to DEFINITELY ask the entire Globe to sing happy birthday to us>. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Colin,

Some time in August, we are coming to see you in your performance as Ariel in The Tempest. I feel I should warn you that, despite Keren being a member of the audience, and should you be wearing ANYTHING less than covered from head to toe be prepared for:
    • uncontrollable screaming
    • uncontrollable sobbing
    • uncontrollable urination
    • potential pooing
    • storming the stage armed with whipped cream
    • demanding sexual favours

She will be with her carer, but such is Keren's obsession that she may not be able to control her at all times

Regards

Smint

PS. Will you read out my story? Thank you! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You lot might be about to cost me a lot of money. I've just found out that there are tickets left and that the train doesn't take as long as I thought to get to London...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're looking after me by bringing copious amounts of vodka and whipped cream? Hmmm.
    I was thinking more the sick bag, towel, wipes, smelling salts, reassurances that it'll be fine and you won't throw up if Colin looks at you and so on. But whatever, just throw it back in my face. :rolleyes: :p
    <Makes mental note to DEFINITELY ask the entire Globe to sing happy birthday to us>. :D
    :eek: Oh you evil cow. :p Right, that's it. See if I stick up for you any more. *goes into huff*
    Dear Colin,

Some time in August, we are coming to see you in your performance as Ariel in The Tempest. I feel I should warn you that, despite Keren being a member of the audience, and should you be wearing ANYTHING less than covered from head to toe be prepared for:
    • uncontrollable sobbing
    • potential pooing

She will be with her carer, but such is Keren's obsession that she may not be able to control her at all times

Regards

Smint

Hahahahaha! :D Don't send him that he might go off sick!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You lot might be about to cost me a lot of money. I've just found out that there are tickets left and that the train doesn't take as long as I thought to get to London...
    On the 7th August? Oh come! Come, come come!! You really should! :D

(Edit: You should come even if you can't do the 7th, but you should really really come on the 7th if you can)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Colin,

• uncontrollable sobbing
    • potential pooing

Regards

Smint

LOL. Colin's going to be getting a marriage proposal as well. How could he possibly turn me down? :D

Come on the 7th August and join in the screaming, weeing, whipped cream fest. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yay! :D
    On the 7th? Oh come! Come, come come!! You really should! :D

(Edit: You should come even if you can't do the 7th, but you should really really come on the 7th (afternoon) if you can)

Yes!!!! :D
    Come on the 7th August and join in the screaming, weeing, whipped cream fest. :D

Or . . . come and sit with me and Natarhi and Keren can have whatever seat you book! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking more the sick bag, towel, wipes, smelling salts, reassurances that it'll be fine and you won't throw up if Colin looks at you. But whatever, just throw it back in my face. :rolleyes: :p

Well that wasn't on the list but I will throw up if Colin looks at me. Or I'll at least squeal and hide my face in my hands which would be embarrassing but not as embarrassing as throwing up. How did you and Smint cope being in the same room as him, Alex, Eoin and Tom? Colin had his arms out for god's sake! How did you not spontaneously combust? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that wasn't on the list but I will throw up if Colin looks at me. Or I'll at least squeal and hide my face in my hands which would be embarrassing but not as embarrassing as throwing up. How did you and Smint cope being in the same room as him, Alex, Eoin and Tom? Colin had his arms out for god's sake! How did you not spontaneously combust? :confused:

Well, to be honest, Keren, I was a bit "meh"

After all, it was only Eoin, Tom, Alex and Colin . . . they were OK, nothing special

And you know me . . . not a sexual thought in my head :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or . . . come and sit with me and Natarhi and Keren can have whatever seat you book! :D
    I went and looked and the seats surrounding us are all filled (poor Lowri, lucky strangers ;):D) but there are some not that far away. And you could join in all the pre-/post- performance fun Lowri. You have to come now you've said you might, otherwise we shall take it as a personal insult. ;)
    (Like we did when Avi dumped us and star spurned our invitation :p:p)
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

*Realises that Keren is probably one of the fans she used to stand there and cringe at* :o:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, to be honest, Keren, I was a bit "meh"

After all, it was only Eoin, Tom, Alex and Colin . . . they were OK, nothing special

And you know me . . . not a sexual thought in my head :)
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :D:D:D

And Keren, you have to remember that by the time we saw Colin's arms we had actually had Eoin, Tom and Alex's arms around our shoulders *dreamy sigh* Having lived through that we were hardly going to be undone by the mere sight of Colin's arms. You know that Colin's arms come further down mine and Smint's sexy arms lists anyway, we can be very blasé about them. ;):p