DS Crisis Support Group? (Part 5)

1171819202123»

Comments

• Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Gutted. A friend (bit of a father figure) died the other night and tonight I was up at the house of another friend of mine who was closer to him than me. He's obviously very upset and I thought I was okay and pragmatic about it all but found out the details of his death tonight and feel pretty terrible about it so perhaps not. Funeral on Tuesday. Until then I'll be snapping the head off anyone who so much as draws me a dirty look or disagrees with me. Mods might want to ban me in advance!

Not sure what to do really. Don't know the family beyond the son-in-law. Chapels and hymns aren't really my thing either. I guess there will be some sort of after-service, sandwiches and tea thing (I've been to plenty funerals before but always do them in a bit of a daze.) Strictly speaking I shouldn't even be that affected as there must be hundreds of people who were closer to him than me but I sure do feel pretty bad about it all tonight.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Gutted. A friend (bit of a father figure) died the other night and tonight I was up at the house of another friend of mine who was closer to him than me. He's obviously very upset and I thought I was okay and pragmatic about it all but found out the details of his death tonight and feel pretty terrible about it so perhaps not. Funeral on Tuesday. Until then I'll be snapping the head off anyone who so much as draws me a dirty look or disagrees with me. Mods might want to ban me in advance!

Not sure what to do really. Don't know the family beyond the son-in-law. Chapels and hymns aren't really my thing either. I guess there will be some sort of after-service, sandwiches and tea thing (I've been to plenty funerals before but always do them in a bit of a daze.) Strictly speaking I shouldn't even be that affected as there must be hundreds of people who were closer to him than me but I sure do feel pretty bad about it all tonight.

i'm probably the last person you want a reply from after our disagreement in the other thread but for what its worth i just wanted to say something after reading this

theres no logic to how we react to events like this so whether you think other people were closer to him than you or not doesn't matter , its your connection to him thats important to you , i lost both my parents in my 20s and can relate to the "being in a daze" feeling as thats how i got through both their funerals without breaking down completely

all i can say is try to keep your chin up, try to keep busy and remember the good things. time and talking about it are the only cures to how you are feeling atm.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    i'm probably the last person you want a reply from after our disagreement in the other thread but for what its worth i just wanted to say something after reading this

theres no logic to how we react to events like this so whether you think other people were closer to him than you or not doesn't matter , its your connection to him thats important to you , i lost both my parents in my 20s and can relate to the "being in a daze" feeling as thats how i got through both their funerals without breaking down completely

all i can say is try to keep your chin up, try to keep busy and remember the good things. time and talking about it are the only cures to how you are feeling atm.

Thanks. It'll pass. Only feelings. Think I'll get drunk and listen to music.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    went wit mum to the hospital yesterday to get her biopsy results, she very possibly has skin cancer and will have to have chemotherapy, good thing is it is very treatable but she is still very worried and so are me and dad
    Forum Member
    my dad just got a call from the hospital and now they think it isn't cancer :) she has to go for another scan at the hospital to get confirmation
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is good news Steve :)
    Forum Member
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    This is good news Steve :)

thanks, it is a great relief for everyone, especially my mother.

poor woman has been through so much this year with her mental and physical health problems