Harry Hill's Alien Fun Capsule - ITV

Comments

• eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll watch the first one like most people but then the ratings will plummet by the end
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 28/02/17 - 12:11 #28
    Every show Harry has done since TV Burp (apart from Stars in their Eyes, All is forgiven Matthew!) has been in front of a desk.

I've been to a few recordings of TV Burp, even managed to pick up a script from one episode. Every episode i attended was brilliant. I've seen Harry do his stand up shows too once at the Hammersmith Apollo, he starts off with a joke and tells a story on how he ended up with that joke.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the mysteries of the earth, how did Stonehenge appear? are there aliens? And how in the HELL is this man considered funny when he is about at funny as genocide.

• HMOHMO Posts: 42,135
    Forum Member
    This is back tonight. Interested to see how it plays out.
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    From the trailers I see that Stouffer the Cat reappears, but if the rest is anything like his recent Sky One programme... :tired_face:
  • ktla5ktla5 Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davads wrote: »
    Went to see a recording of Fun Capsule the other week. The concept's kinda "weird"(!), looks a bit like a panel show only there's no game, it's pretty much just an excuse for a lot of daft clips and mucking about. But it was funny and good value to watch; definitely funnier than Tea Time.

One element sadly lacking was the late Bobby Bragg who used to do the warm-ups on TV Burp, he passed away last year. The guy we had in his place (Ray Turner I think is his name) was fairly ropey - I wish they'd just get Harry on early to do his own warm-up...

In fact one of the funniest bits in a HH recording is when they have to do a retake, so Harry tells a random "one-liner" (even one of his old ones) to get the laughter going seamlessly back into the take :) I'd seriously recommend going to see one of Harry's shows being recorded, they're great fun.

Bobby Bragg, very sadly missed, such a nice man too, and sometimes his part of the evening was better than the actual show !
    Forum Member
    Bumping the thread. :)
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's basically TV Burp.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving it so far
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I like this
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please bring back TV Burp. This is like a weak version.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the start so I've no understanding of what's going on, but it's hilarious.
    Forum Member
    Sprinkles of TV Burp in a panel show format, basically. It's ridiculously silly but I actually quite like it because of that.
  • KatanaBladeKatanaBlade Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This really needs to be on a Saturday early evening. Not an odd slot on a Thursday night.

It's TV Burp with an Room 101 core, mixed with Harry's usual randomness.
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 127,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    It's basically TV Burp.

How do you work that one out

He has not commented how bad Coronation Street yet :D
    Forum Member
    owen10 wrote: »
    Straker wrote: »
    It's basically TV Burp.

How do you work that one out

He has not commented how bad Coronation Street yet :D

He's using clips of TV shows out of context for comedy value like he used to do on TV Burp.
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,091
    Forum Member
    Not finding it quite as hilarious as the contestants are, but good bonkers fun all the same. I do miss Shooting Stars though, which is kind of in the same vein.
    Forum Member
    This really needs to be on a Saturday early evening. Not an odd slot on a Thursday night.

It's TV Burp with an Room 101 core, mixed with Harry's usual randomness.

It gets a repeat on Sunday at 18:15, so that's something.
  • jaycee331jaycee331 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Sprinkles of TV Burp in a panel show format, basically. It's ridiculously silly but I actually quite like it because of that.

Yes, good description! I'm pleasantly surprised. The description in the program guide makes it sound awful "on a mad cap mission to save the planet from an alien invasion". I drew a vision of something like Mr Bean! Why couldn't they just say TV Burp crossed with a panel show!

Silly slapstick doesn't normally float my boat, but Harry Hill just makes it work.

Agreed. Perfect bit of daft family friendly entertainment for early Saturday. I could easily miss this timeslot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I quite like it :blush::D
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good fun that. A rare win for ITV.

Premiering it up against new Big Bang Theory is just daft though.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know when there's something you shouldn't like? That doesn't work as a product on screen, that is all over the place, that makes no sense, that is a complete mess from start to finish. And yet you really enjoy it?

That's me with this.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed this better that I thought I would, as it has loads of TV Burp style elements. A bit more mainstream than some of Harry's non TV Burp work can sometimes be.

Two answers "Bring back TV Burp" - Harry refuses to do it, "Should be at the weekend" - ITV are attempting to do entertainment across the week, not just restricted to the weekend, don't think the Thursday slot is some sort of graveyard slot.
  • KatanaBladeKatanaBlade Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He really just needs to get back to TV Burp. This has potential but it's neither here or there. Entertaining but again, not right on a Thursday night. Silly scheduling especially for going into a crime drama.
    Forum Member
    Well, it was what it was. If you're not a fan of Harry Hill's schtick and his general silliness/randomness, you probably won't have liked this.

I really enjoyed it. If we're not getting TV Burp back I'll take this, I suppose.