Options

central heating flue? neighbour concerned.

2»

Comments

• Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    Couldn't the installer just shorten the flue a bit and put a 90 degree elbow on the end pointing upwards with another piece of pipe attached? It would then be like a small chimney.

It would still be within 600mm of the boundary line.
  • Options
    roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,928
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it would have to turn another 90 degrees and go back over the roof a few feet in my reckoning.
  • Options
    stackmanstackman Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the bright side the carbon dioxide in the flue gas will be lapped up by the plants in her garden providing a free growth boost.
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant it be fitted with an Elbow L-shaped flue to vent away from the property towards the garden? Or a 45° one ?
    Although not strictly correct , it would be a vast improvement, and the neighbour may be happy with that
  • Options
    TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    Cant it be fitted with an Elbow L-shaped flue to vent away from the property towards the garden? Or a 45° one ?
    Although not strictly correct , it would be a vast improvement, and the neighbour may be happy with that

Doesn't matter what the neighbour is "happy with", the flue should be installed to meet all legal requirements.

If I owned the house next door, I'd have been round to my lawyers immediately and had a formal letter drafted to both the sub-prime neighbour and the local authority demanding relocation of the illegal installation.
  • Options
    mgbstagmgbstag Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was Gas registered under the old Corgi registration and this looks completely wrong. Firstly if you have complete combustion most of the "gases" are water vapour so no real problem there, It looks wrong on so many levels and if I lived next door would want it moved, even if everything else was correct.