Ladies - do you think this man would be attractive

Comments

• Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Long, thick and bushy beards put me off too. I wish men wouldn't overgrow their beards! A short neatly trimmed beard like "Ross Barton" played by Michael Parr on Emmerdale looks good though.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    When you say fairly short, are we talking Warwick Davis?
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    When you say fairly short, are we talking Warwick Davis?

5'6 - 5-7.

Are some women just never attracted to shorter than average men? Is it to do with not wanting to be taller than him?
  • ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you wear Cuban heels?
  • wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    Attraction comes in all forms but it can't be derived from a description. Its more than just reading about them, it happens when two people meet and the chemistry forms (if at all).
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Armi wrote: »
    Do you wear Cuban heels?

Good question.

OP, this guy has got the look nailed:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLLotM6CYAAho-w.jpg:large
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5'6 - 5-7.

Are some women just never attracted to shorter than average men? Is it to do with not wanting to be taller than him?

I think it's a remnant from our hunter/gatherer/protector days when a good mating partner would have been strong and tall. The "tall" bit perhaps having to do with intimidating enemies.
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5'6 - 5-7.

My Mum said to me ' you'll never be able to wear pretty high heels ! " when I dated someone 2" shorter than me. I thought it was shallow of her, but it did come to bother me a little, and I used to look for very low heels/flats to compensate for the height difference. So a tall man for me is a must as I'm 5' 8" myself.
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should say who this person's role models are:

Alain de Botton
    Tom Holland
    Robert Skidelsky
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I should say who this person's role models are:

Alain de Botton
    Tom Holland
    Robert Skidelsky

I don't know who they are :blush:

About the height, I'm 5'7 and have dated people shorter than me before so I don't think it would bother me. Saying that my boyfriend now is 6'7 :p
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    I don't know who they are :blush:

About the height, I'm 5'7 and have dated people shorter than me before so I don't think it would bother me. Saying that my boyfriend now is 6'7 :p
    He'll probably stay that way until he's 60 + :p
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a remnant from our hunter/gatherer/protector days when a good mating partner would have been strong and tall. The "tall" bit perhaps having to do with intimidating enemies.
    Absolutely right. Ironically, watched a video earlier tonight explaining the reasons why and you've pretty much nailed it. It is also worth noting that the average man is 13.5cm taller than the average woman and that height is also associated with greater social status. If the environment was different and lets say, men were the same height as women, you'd probably find that height would not matter anywhere near as much in attraction for women. Of course, not all women have a height preference, there are many factors at play and environment as mentioned can also be a factor.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On the plus side, the more intelligent women have evolved to realise that this is no longer the case, and would in many cases prefer a shorter, more intelligent man over a taller brain-dead one.:)
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Now first things first I realise every woman is different. There is no generic taste. But let me know what you think and whether you would be interested. This man is early 30s. Good looking. Fairly short. Slim. Placid. Very intelligent. Very knowledgeable. Kind. Imaginative. An introvert. Bookish. Could you imagine yourself dating such a man? Would any of the characteristics be a turn off?

Very intelligent, compared to whom? Very knowledgable, compared to whom? Good looks are subjective...and so on through your post really.

From what you've written here, no!
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,249
    Forum Member
    I suppose he's a little bit better than the one we had on here the other week, who would arrive at his date stinking of BO because he'd got very nervous and sweated, then hardly speak at all because he wouldn't know what to say.

You mean me? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    On the plus side, the more intelligent women have evolved to realise that this is no longer the case, and would in many cases prefer a shorter, more intelligent man over a taller brain-dead one.:)

So height is inversely proportional to intelligence now? That's a new one to me. Where are all the Pygmy surgeons and scientists? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely right. Ironically, watched a video earlier tonight explaining the reasons why and you've pretty much nailed it. It is also worth noting that the average man is 13.5cm taller than the average woman and that height is also associated with greater social status. If the environment was different and lets say, men were the same height as women, you'd probably find that height would not matter anywhere near as much in attraction for women. Of course, not all women have a height preference, there are many factors at play and environment as mentioned can also be a factor.

Very true. Preferences will vary widely as you say as there are so many other factors to consider. I find evolutionary influences merely interesting, and not a be-all end-all determining factor. The same could be said for breast-size in women, there will be an evolutionary explanation as to why the majority of hetero men prefer large (but not humongous) breasts as aesthetically pleasing to the eye over very small breasts. To do with being a good choice for breeding or something, an indicator of good health perhaps.
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    In my experience, people who describe themselves as very good-looking and very intelligent are neither.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,924
    Forum Member
    What about placid and tall or aggressive and short?

:D:D

Just say what your height is - short and tall are relative terms and don't mean much on their own.

I wouldn't put aggressive or placid on - they both sound unattractive to me. Confident and spirited sound better than aggressive, and maybe calm or easy going instead of placid :)
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Now first things first I realise every woman is different. There is no generic taste. But let me know what you think and whether you would be interested. This man is early 30s. Good looking. Fairly short. Slim. Placid. Very intelligent. Very knowledgeable. Kind. Imaginative. An introvert. Bookish. Could you imagine yourself dating such a man? Would any of the characteristics be a turn off?

Slim, no. They'd be able to see that in your picture and you risk turning off women who think they're going to look fat next to you. Placid sounds either like a doormat or like you're not really placid at all. Fairly short wouldn't do it for me but then a petite girl might actually look for that.

Really characteristics in isolation might be great but it's about the overall picture you build up.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the same size lying down..
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's nothing more unattractive than a placid man.

When I want a doormat I want it to have welcome on it.
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So height is inversely proportional to intelligence now? That's a new one to me. Where are all the Pygmy surgeons and scientists? :p

Standing on boxes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    There's nothing more unattractive than a placid man.

When I want a doormat I want it to have welcome on it.

I could get it tattooed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be honest and say that I wouldn't initially find a shorter guy attractive, but if I got to know him and we clicked, then maybe. I'm only 5'5" so I don't imagine many guys are shorter than that, but I prefer a guy who's a little taller. My husband is 5'8". Over 6' is a bit too tall for me.

Can a couple of inches make so much difference?