Adele is so common and sounds awful

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She can't win. If she acted fake and put on an act, people would say she turned her back on her roots and wasn't a real genuine person, and it was all just a marketing image.

She acts naturally and doesn't put on a fake act, and people still have a go at her. Proof if ever it were required, you can't win when you're famous. Someone, somewhere, will always be attacking you for something.

I don't see the problem. She is good at her singing, her record sales tell us that much.. surely that's all that matters. Why does it matter how she talks, or how she composes herself? It should be embraced with open arms that someone is able to be themselves in this industry rather than feel railroaded into performing to a persona the industry has given you. Many stars have become victims of this pressure to match up to an act and we know the end result.

She should stay real. It will help her in the long run.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Some folk almost glory in being as brash as possible, perhaps. I think you can be 'real' without having to swear in every other sentence.

Still, whatever she is doing is paying off, she is hugely successful and all you can say is 'good luck to her'.

I do not understand the adoration for her music though. Terribly overplayed and dreary.

I agree with this bar one song. I have not liked anything she has released a part from Set Fire to the Rain, which I would put down as one of my favourite ever songs.

I just can not get on with anything else she has released.
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonsfab wrote: »
    Did I mention how she'd die?

I said [her money wont reside in her bank account] if she snorts it all away like WH did - she spent her £100m on drugs

Read posts before you respond

So in conclusion ... you have made a fool of yourself

I look like a fool? No, I'm in MENSA which pretty much means I am the exact opposite.

You are expecting a woman with less than $100 million dollars to spend that much on drugs despite having no existing drug habit.

And I'm the fool?

Sorry. You seem to be mistaken as to what that means. You assume your suppositions are fated to come true. Sorry, Mystic Meg, that's not how reality is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's riding on the back of Amy Winehouses 'era'

If it werent for AW paving the way, I dont think she'd have been signed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    I look like a fool? No, I'm in MENSA which pretty much means I am the exact opposite.

You are expecting a woman with less than $100 million dollars to spend that much on drugs despite having no existing drug habit.

And I'm the fool?

Sorry. You seem to be mistaken as to what that means. You assume your suppositions are fated to come true. Sorry, Mystic Meg, that's not how reality is.

A member of MENSA ha ha ha ha

You can't even read a post before you post a totally irrelevant response

Ha ha ha ha

Clown
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Sloopy;56539330]Some folk almost glory in being as brash as possible, perhaps. I think you can be 'real' without having to swear in every other sentence.

Still, whatever she is doing is paying off, she is hugely successful and all you can say is 'good luck to her'.

I do not understand the adoration for her music though. Terribly overplayed and dreary.[/QUOTE]

I agree - I saw her on Jonathon Ross a few weeks ago and she told a delightful anectdote about an old lady at one of her concerts p*ssing herself (literally, not with laughter;)) I found it a bit crass to say the least. I think she's very talented but she should stick to singing.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand her singing voice. It goes right through me!!

Same here. Someone Like You has to be one of the screechiest songs I've heard in a long time, and her other stuff really isn't much better. I really can't see the fuss around her or why she's so special. Even if she wasn't that bad, she's still far too overplayed. I think a lot of people just swallow the hype myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    adele is great, dosn't conform to anything and is herself and does not play the fame game unless she really has too, the fact she is a bit sweary and dosn't hide her true self makes her more endearing, btw i am not a huge fan of her music and i hate someone like you, but likewise she probably couldn't give a s**t what people think of her which is why she is still alright in my book.
  • cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like her singing voice at all, can't see what the appeal is
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    elnombre wrote: »
    What has that got to do with anything? If you feel the need to blindly defend her from any criticism at least come up with something better than 'she's already rich'.
    Maybe people will think of something better to defend her with when people come up with a better reason for not liking her than 'I don't like the way she talks'.

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe people will think of something better to defend her with when people come up with a better reason for not liking her than 'I don't like the way she talks'.

:)

"SausageTime"

Love it

:):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    jonsfab wrote: »
    "SausageTime"

Love it

:):):)
    Why, thank you. :)
  • m1pnkm1pnk Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shes as common as muck.....typical chav from croydon.....mind you she can carry a tune......but thats it.....no talking.....and chewing gum on the stage.....huuuurrrrr
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Adele and I like her music. And I'm 50! On the other hand, don't get me started on Katie Melua....never saw the appeal at all!!
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many haters on here.

I guess you guys prefer the Cheryl Cole type talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COD-ZX3 wrote: »
    I had no idea she was so common and swore at every sentence. She was chewing gum while making her acceptance speech at the grammys Is this why she is a role model? :confused:

Not a fan guys.

So...
  • Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thinks she's very attractive and looks classy until she opens her mouth.

Not a fan of her music - too screechy for me, but as she's made millions, I doubt my opinion will bother her! ;)
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. Think she is pretty, has a good voice and l like her songs. Her accent defines who she is....a londoner....good for her.
    Dont like unecessary swearing though.
  • BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 6,986
    Forum Member
    Yeah but she's got a faakin good voice though mate know what I mean me old china
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    COD-ZX3 wrote: »
    It's he fans that made her rich, she has to worry about the fans or else she is nothing

I think most fans know that she isn't a goody-goody two shoes or posh. She can swear as much as she wants. Fans don't care. These vices are harmless because her music overrides them.

However, if she starts being a racist, homophobic, or pedophiler, then all bets are off. Until then, she can be as "common" as she likes as long as she continues releasing great music.
  • Marksw76Marksw76 Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We should be proud of her, its not often that home grown talent does well in the US. She is also, (I think) stunningly beautiful :):)
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,372
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a chip shop owner when she speaks.
  • Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a chip shop owner when she speaks.

That's unfair to chip shop owners. My local one was educated at Eton aksherly.

;):D
  • m1pnkm1pnk Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she is embarrassing when she talks....i have to ffwd her albert hall blu-ray between tracks.....makes me cringe.

she should grow up.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She grew up in Brixton. We're lucky she actually speaks like a proper Sarf London girl and not in a fake yardie ghetto 'ya no wot iz sayin innit' sort of way