Nothing's changed nothing will change.

Comments

• Shaun_JamesonShaun_Jameson Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    I disagree. Trivialising acts of terrorism is exactly what we should be doing. They are using the world's media to their own ends, and in many ways we'd be better off turning a blind eye. Or at least stop using words like terror and terrorism.

At last!!!!!!!!. Nothing will change because a pathetic few idiots kill a tiny amount of people. The threat is not enormous lol, its tiny. I literally have more chance of being struck by lightening than I do being killed by a weak sad pathetic Islamists who couldn't keep his wife sexually happy so he decided to blow himself up and actually has zero reflection on Islam.
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Not many terrorists not killing many people in Europe and nothing is changing.

I went to work today, I went to Alton towers last week, we're off to Euro Disney in 2 weeks. Nothing has changed , is Isis, Isil, Deash disappointed?

I mean nothing is changing, Jesus still loves his followers, Sky still have he best pay tv, the premier League is still the best league in the world.

I'm still buying flat pack from IKEA , my life is great. Has anyones life changed due to Islamic extremists ?

I base this on the fact 7 billion people live on Earth ! The numbers are small, maybe 40 terrorists killing 400 people in a world of billions ...why do they waste their time? They could be having cup cake party's, bring and buy sales, bikini car wash events.

So what changed your mind, ? as this is different to what you were writing yesterday
    Forum Member
    tim59 wrote: »
    So what changed your mind, ? as this is different to what you were writing yesterday

What did I type about Islam yesterday? Or are you making things up?
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think things do change and will change, perpetually. It's as it always has been.

People seem to find conflict necessary.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrorists play on fear. Fear is an incredible force , to trivialise it does everyone a disservice.
  • archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You try to appear more friendly? It's ashame it took Islamic terrorists murdering people to make you want to "try to appear more friendly" to Muslims. Why were not you more friendly before Islamic terrorists were murdering people?
    Quite simply, I had no reason to be. I never thought of them as needing any reassurance before seeing the ugly threats and demands they've been receiving from some of my fellow countrymen.
    An by the way, Muslims were living in the UK long before Isis. An they were good hard working people who do not and can not relate to Isis and its weak followers.
    Really!?:o

You'll be telling me that 'More than 3.5million soldiers from the Asian subcontinent fought for Britain in the two conflicts, with tens of thousands killed in action.' next.
    I think you've made me realises something. You actually think very very different to a lot of people in the very tolerant UK.
    How so?
    By the way, don't try to "appear" to be friendly, be genuinely friendly from the heart, or do t bother! No need to hide your true self!
    No. Unless they were atheist Muslim, I would find it too difficult and uncomfortable to accommodate their Islamic beliefs, and I'm sure they too would not be comfortable with it. It is haram after all.

Doesn't stop me smiling and being courteous though.
    Forum Member
    archiver wrote: »
    Quite simply, I had no reason to be. I never thought of them as needing any reassurance before seeing the ugly threats and demands they've been receiving from some of my fellow countrymen.

Really!?:o

You'll be telling me that 'More than 3.5million soldiers from the Asian subcontinent fought for Britain in the two conflicts, with tens of thousands killed in action.' next.

How so?

No. Unless they were atheist Muslim, I would find it too difficult and uncomfortable to accommodate their Islamic beliefs, and I'm sure they too would not be comfortable with it. It is haram after all.

Doesn't stop me smiling and being courteous though.

Do you feel the need to reassure your "fellow" country men that you understand the
    majority of them is not horrible? Also what threats and demands have you witnessed and have you reported these horrific demands and threats to your local police? It seems you live in a nasty racist area!
  • Last KingdomLast Kingdom Posts: 2,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you know "loads of people's" who have changed their daily lives due to Islamic extremists?

I suspect no ones life has changed and many silly young men will kill themselves and others but achieve nothing.

Well there's a few hundred people accoss Europe who's lives have changed dramatically, there DEAD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did I type about Islam yesterday? Or are you making things up?

I thought you were posting about terrorism?
    Why do you equate that with Islam? 😉
    Forum Member
    I thought you were posting about terrorism?
    Why do you equate that with Islam? 😉

Because a lot of the current terrorists in Europe are declaring the are Muslims. Or haven't you noticed? Do I think most of the many many millions of Muslims are terrorists? No, do I. Think many terrorists in Europe claim to be Muslims? Yes.

Read into that whatever makes you feel happy. If you decide I hate people with purple hair and size 18 feet that's fine with me. Declare me purple 18 aphobic lol.
  • archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you feel the need to reassure your "fellow" country men that you understand the majority of them is not horrible?
    It's like an interrogation :)

Sometimes, if I feel the point hasn't been adequately made by others.
    Also what threats and demands have you witnessed and have you reported these horrific demands and threats to your local police? It seems you live in a nasty racist area!
    You presume too much. I follow the national news and my local area is fine. Has been for years. And please don't start quote twisting. I said 'ugly' demands, not 'horrific'.

What point are you trying to make?
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Terrorists play on fear. Fear is an incredible force , to trivialise it does everyone a disservice.

So we should become fearful and let the terrorists win? Or reassure ourselves that as individuals we are highly unlikely to die in a terrorist attack.
    Forum Member
    So we should become fearful and let the terrorists win? Or reassure ourselves that as individuals we are highly unlikely to die in a terrorist attack.

Also worth nothing, if you do die in a terrorist attack there is a good chance you'll be the last too know. There is no point being fearful, it won't change your future.
    Forum Member
    Anyway from what I can gather from this post. No one has changed their routine or daily lives due to pathetic terrorists.

So they keep killing the 7billion of us 100 at a time, anyone got the maths o. How long it takes to kill everyone?
  • WombatDeathWombatDeath Posts: 4,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm possibly a bit less likely to book a holiday in north Africa. That's largely on the grounds that my mother would worry.
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be reassured by the stats, you have a 9.3 million to one chance of being killed by a terrorist, as opposed to an 8000 to 1 chance of being killed in a road accident. 3000 people worldwide die in road accidents every day, are we so terrified of traffic that we daren't leave the house?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway from what I can gather from this post. No one has changed their routine or daily lives due to pathetic terrorists.

So they keep killing the 7billion of us 100 at a time, anyone got the maths o. How long it takes to kill everyone?

So how many people do they have to kill for you to be concerned?
    Forum Member

Concerned about what? An once we know what to be concerned about how concerned should I be? More concerned about cancer? More concerned about the lack of NHS funding? Etc?
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get what you're saying, I'd say pretty much nothing has changed except the high levels of security at airports and big events. Like you say jihadi's have got billions of people to kill before they 'rule the world!' or whatever it is they want, and killing us off at a rate of 10 or 20 at a time is just a waste of time.

Till it happens to you; or your loved ones
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well there's a few hundred people accoss Europe who's lives have changed dramatically, there DEAD

...involving thousands who are injured; will be in pain for the rest of their lives- the family members who have lost someone; the kids who have lost their parent and who will remember for the rest of their lives...

The future attacks....

All of it.

These bast**** need routing from Civilisation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Concerned about what? An once we know what to be concerned about how concerned should I be? More concerned about cancer? More concerned about the lack of NHS funding? Etc?

So you don't think it's reasonable to be concerned of a warped ideolgy killing innocent people indiscriminately?
    Interesting...
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it depends what you mean by concerned and what you are concerned about happening. Here is how I see it.

They can't overthrow us, they are mad cock wombles, not a trained army and their enemy is the whole of the west, which is huge. They simply don't have the capacity to over throw us. So I'm definitely not concerned about that.

All they can do is to attack small amount of people (proportionally miniscule) in random attacks. That's not to devalue the lives they take, but as far as destroying us is concerned they can't.

Personally or people close to me being killed by them? The odds are too low. So no.

Other people being harmed? Yes and no. I don't want to see anyone harmed so I'm aware we need to try to prevent it from happening. But I don't live in concern for the next time they attack someone. Put it like this, mass shooting happen in America all the time, it's horrible, they need to do something about it. I concern over it in that way. But I don't live in concern for the next time it happens. You just can't live your life like that, you'd drive yourself insane.
  • skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And will he be bothered if someone he knows becomes a victim? I'm guessing it's yes.

All sounds very 'keyboard warrior' to me. We should be concerned, and vigilant. No-one has suggested we should all go underground through fear.
    Forum Member
    So you don't think it's reasonable to be concerned of a warped ideolgy killing innocent people indiscriminately?
    Interesting...

How interesting?
    Forum Member
    skazza wrote: »
    And will he be bothered if someone he knows becomes a victim? I'm guessing it's yes.

All sounds very 'keyboard warrior' to me. We should be concerned, and vigilant. No-one has suggested we should all go underground through fear.

I'm vigilant, but just like I was once concerned when seeing a terrorist attack on the middle east on the news, or a car bomb in Afghanistan would have an effect on me. But now another Middle East / European / Asain terrorist attack just does not effect me at all. Will I be killed by a terrorist? Who knows, if it's quick and sudden it's better than a long drawn out death from cancer. I honestly just don't care anymore. Terrorisim is for pussys.