Options

BBC cuts ties with BDO Darts

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it very hard to believe that Dave got over 3 million for the David Haye fight.
  • Options
    eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it very hard to believe that Dave got over 3 million for the David Haye fight.
    That was it's peak. Boxing on Channel Five occasionally peaks at 1.5-2 million so it's possible.
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eljmayes wrote: »
    That was it's peak. Boxing on Channel Five occasionally peaks at 1.5-2 million so it's possible.

The actual viewing figure was 1.3million. 4 times their usual most watched show each month
  • Options
    sparkie70sparkie70 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that section has been badly worded. No deal has been announced for it yet.

Dave's twiter account has a poster so looks like they have landed it. Good news for the BDO but what about tje World championships?
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    sparkie70 wrote: »
    Dave's twiter account has a poster so looks like they have landed it. Good news for the BDO but what about tje World championships?

I was talking about the World Championships, you numpty :)

Haven't a clue. Maybe that news will follow at some point soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The actual viewing figure was 1.3million. 4 times their usual most watched show each month

The fight lasted three minutes didn't it? That's when the peak was registered.

They won't be getting that (or indeed the 1.3m)for ten hours of darts a day featuring the likes of Paula Jacklin vs Dee Bateman :D

I think that UK TV are taking a punt here. They can easily get 300k for repeats of Mock the Week that won't be costing them much at all, so they are waving goodbye to guaranteed ratings on this. Maybe if this goes well for them they will make a decision on the big event in January.
  • Options
    eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fight lasted three minutes didn't it? That's when the peak was registered.

They won't be getting that (or indeed the 1.3m)for ten hours of darts a day featuring the likes of Paula Jacklin vs Dee Bateman :D

I think that UK TV are taking a punt here. They can easily get 300k for repeats of Mock the Week that won't be costing them much at all, so they are waving goodbye to guaranteed ratings on this. Maybe if this goes well for them they will make a decision on the big event in January.
    I think that it'll do well provided it's marketed correctly- the PDC does well on ITV4 and there's nothing to say that this would be much different.

Who will present?
  • Options
    sparkie70sparkie70 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was talking about the World Championships, you numpty :)

Haven't a clue. Maybe that news will follow at some point soon.

Sorry my bad. ;-). My fear is if BT has the evening rights they could take on the afternoon rights & put them on showcase.
    Dave could show the The World Masters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    eljmayes wrote: »
    I think that it'll do well provided it's marketed correctly- the PDC does well on ITV4 and there's nothing to say that this would be much different.

Who will present?

The PDC are a professional company with a very slick marketing machine. The BDO, well, ain't. Less than 300 tickets sold in 4 days for a 3 day event so far. Less than 60 sold for the big finals day on the BH Monday. Those figures are a disgrace.
  • Options
    ToneXIRToneXIR Posts: 3,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank Warren and UKtv's Dave tv channel has signed a deal with the BDO to show the Darts World Trophy. The three-day event will take place at the Lakeside Country Club from 28-30 May.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ToneXIR wrote: »
    Frank Warren and UKtv's Dave tv channel has signed a deal with the BDO to show the Darts World Trophy. The three-day event will take place at the Lakeside Country Club from 28-30 May.

Is there an echo in here? :D