Options

How much money the law says you need to live on each week

Comments

• Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Job Seeker wrote: »
    Safe in the knowledge I get everything I can ;):)

Whats your situation? Do you work? Unable to work?
  • Options
    TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No

I explained

I was basing my calculation on 30mpg

The driving hour calculation was based on the above mpg with the 2 speeds stated.

I at no time based the calculation on my car.

50,000 per year would equate to approx 19 mpg.

I have a choice of two cars. One is 5.7 and delivers 18 mpg and the other is 4.6 and delivers 21. Those are levels that are achieved if one drives carefully.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Whats your situation? Do you work? Unable to work?

None of you business is it?

I think my username gives something away ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of you business is it?

I think my username gives something away ;)

Oh scuse me for asking!

Well in that case you need to get off your a** and go and get a job, instead of bleeding everyone else dry!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh scuse me for asking!

Well in that case you need to get off your a** and go and get a job, instead of bleeding everyone else dry!

:D

Thanks for that, In my last job I paid nearly £150 in tax every week. I'm just as entiled to my JSA as everyone else.

Oh btw, I am looking for a job, I usually do it at 2.30pm everyday.......Just after getting up :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks for that, In my last job I paid nearly £150 in tax every week. I'm just as entiled to my JSA as everyone else.

Oh btw, I am looking for a job, I usually do it at 2.30pm everyday.......Just after getting up :p

Well dont rush youself eh?

I mean, you could actually see how long you could stay unemployed for and how many benefits you could acrrue....no doubt you'll end up earning more than I do!
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like your style :D
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    Tombstone wrote: »
    I have a choice of two cars. One is 5.7 and delivers 18 mpg and the other is 4.6 and delivers 21. Those are levels that are achieved if one drives carefully.

Fascinating, you are restricted, for some reason, to a choice of two very thirsty vehicles. Very impressive. What relevence does that have to the OPs point?
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    I like your style :D

They're so easy to wind up. :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well dont rush youself eh?

I mean, you could actually see how long you could stay unemployed for and how many benefits you could acrrue....no doubt you'll end up earning more than I do!

Why would I want to do that?

Do I detect a hint of jealousy?

I make the best of a bad situation, like everyone else on this planet.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »
    Fascinating, you are restricted, for some reason, to a choice of two very thirsty vehicles. Very impressive. What relevence does that have to the OPs point?

It was not a point, just a reaction to the straits he was in.
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read somewhere the other day about an argument a person had about Jsa being paid into a Bank account .

Far as I can work out hope i got this right. If the JSA pays the bank your JSA as your bank see it first, any direct debit you have comes straight out of it without you seeing it, when you go to check your account what they have given you to survive on, has been desecrated

Not really seeing the problem, here. If it's a Direct Debit, you'd need to pay it anyway, right?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would I want to do that?

Do I detect a hint of jealousy?

I make the best of a bad situation, like everyone else on this planet.

:)

Jealousy? I dont think so. I've never been unemployed in my life...

Making the best of a bad situation is fine and dandy, but just dont take the pi**
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    Tombstone wrote: »

im guessing a 300c or a disco for the 5.7 and a rangey for the 4.6. Both very comfortable sir!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaydeacon wrote: »
    im guessing a 300c or a disco for the 5.7 and a rangey for the 4.6. Both very comfortable sir!

No and no.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jealousy? I dont think so. I've never been unemployed in my life...

Making the best of a bad situation is fine and dandy, but just dont take the pi**

I'm not taking the pi**.

All I have ever done is ask someone to look after some money for me. :)

Oh and sometimes I spend my JSA on expensive brandy and cannabis. That's only every fortnight or so :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not taking the pi**.

Oh and sometimes I spend my JSA on expensive brandy and cannabis. That's only every fortnight or so :p

Only every fortnight?

Blimey....standards are slipping nowadays :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't that what family allowance is for?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Only every fortnight?

Blimey....standards are slipping nowadays :)

The joke there was JSA only gets paid fortnightly, but you wouldn't know that with you never being unemployed :D
  • Options
    Turnbull2000Turnbull2000 Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    Shows what you know. There are thousands of WORKING families in London who receive housing benefit as their income is too low to live in London.

Then either they shouldn't be living in London, or the rent subsidy reduced substantially so ability to pay is dictated by income alone.
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    Taxpayers are subsidising a low wage economy NOT buy to let investers. I'm not their biggest fan but ultimately if they buy at market values they have a right to expect their rental income to match their overheads.

They have no right to expect rental income to match overheads (which can vary enormously). Are you really suggesting that a BTL landlord who pays out a quarter million quid for an 2-bed London mid-terrace should expect taxpayers to make up the difference of what working people can afford? I'm sorry, but that's just b*llocks. And what's market value? Is an investment priced and purchased on the expectation of a state subsidy to those who occupy a true 'market' value? Is it heck. Market value should be dictated by what is affordable on income alone, not by how much money a desperate government is willing to throw at investors in an effort to prop up prices.

Remove the subsidies so that prices and rents have to adjust accordingly. Only then do you have your true market value.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The joke there was JSA only gets paid fortnightly, but you wouldn't know that with you never being unemployed :D

Y'see I dont know what all these abbreviations mean...:confused:

Never needed em and never intend to!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Y'see I dont know what all these abbreviations mean...:confused:

Never needed em and never intend to!

Its an Allowance a Job Seeker recieves, does that help?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its an Allowance a Job Seeker recieves, does that help?

Yeah I guess..
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Oh and sometimes I spend my JSA on expensive brandy and cannabis.
    I lol'd :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not taking the pi**.

That made me laugh. Proper 'laugh out loud' laugh

I'm glad you're making the best of a bad situation, good luck with finding work.