Options

Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Comments

• Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you try to pre-order COD on UK PSN, it tells you they will take immediate payment.

Normally, money is taken a few days before release. Is this a first?

They wont want people to pre-order so they can get cod points and then cancel. I wonder if the streaks will be as good and if they have changed the bug with the chopper adding to your next streak. Hope they add a final killcam as well.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    CoD points ? That's a thing ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    CoD points ? That's a thing ?

In game currency for muppets who think a new gun is worth hundreds of pounds.
  • Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you'll buy it. ;-)

Haha tbh I am on the fence still.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    They wont want people to pre-order so they can get cod points and then cancel. I wonder if the streaks will be as good and if they have changed the bug with the chopper adding to your next streak. Hope they add a final killcam as well.

I don't remember that being a bug - both the air strike and chopper kills counted toward the next kill streak reward, but you could only call in one chopper at a time. I remember people desperately trying to call in their chopper before a team mate did.

The new game better give me back my gold Dragunov, AK-47, Uzi and M60 :D
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit split on it to be honest because as a single player campaign I think the futuristic/space setting could be quite cool & since I do play & tend to enjoy all the COD campaign's i'm actually looking forward to playing through IW.

However for Multiplayer I'd actually rather they come back to modern or preferably historic times (I'd love to see what they could do with a WW2 setting using modern hardware) because I felt there the settings where the COD style of MP worked best & I also think the real world weapons/killstreaks they had in those games were a lot more balanced than a lot of the more futuristic stuff seen in AW & BlOps2/3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember that being a bug - both the air strike and chopper kills counted toward the next kill streak reward, but you could only call in one chopper at a time. I remember people desperately trying to call in their chopper before a team mate did.

The new game better give me back my gold Dragunov, AK-47, Uzi and M60 :D

I thought if you died and then called in the chopper it would add to your next set of streaks.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I thought if you died and then called in the chopper it would add to your next set of streaks.

It did. If you called in your chopper but didn't die then those kills didn't count towards anything. Same with WaW, your killstreaks topped out unless you died. That changed with MW2 where your top killstreak would then count towards your lowest and you could cycle around again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer is currently the 8th most disliked vid on You Tube.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you play on PC & want to get the legacy edition that comes with Modern Warfare remastered then cdkeys currently have it on pre-order for £37.99.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-digital-legacy-edition-pc-steam
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played all the black ops and MW games recently and the hit detection on the IW games is far superior. I dont care where the game is set, if you shoot people and they die that is the most important thing. Getting 5 hitmarkers then getting killed from what seems like 1 bullet is unacceptable.
    MW3 which cost me a fiver is the best cod going at the moment.
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre-orders are looking terrible if The Know are even half right https://youtu.be/Weq-08FCkuc
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Maybe people are fed up of paying 40 quid for a game. 40 quid for dlc and then having to grind for weeks, or pay to unlock overpowered shotgun pistols or ohk dual wield harpoon guns.

Not to mention the futurisic rubbish.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The DLC thing doesn't really bother me. As long as the base game is worth the ticket price, I'll make a choice on whether it's worth paying for more or not at a later date.

My problem with COD is that unless you get it day one and devote every waking hour to grinding through, you're left behind almost instantly. That's no fun.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    New trailer http://youtu.be/irIkbTen53k Beta due 14th October on PS4 first with Xbox One to follow (if you preorder)

This game looks ridiculous (not in the good way that the the young wipper snappers use it these days) I'll be giving this a miss.
  • Options
    ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,682
    Forum Member
    I still think people are being ridiculously hyperbolic when comparing BF1 to this, and saying things like how CoD as a franchise is dead and so on and so forth.

Whilst I would agree that the initial footage shown of Infinite Warfare looked very bland and overdone, I also thought that of the BF1 footage which everyone absolutely fawned over for months on end.

But then the Playstation E3 showed off this interesting game which featured a man grapple hooking his way through a fractured space station and it looked like damn good fun... and then he collected a sub-machine gun mid-grapple hook swing and it hit me: I was watching Infinite Warfare footage.

Honestly, the initial trailer didn't do the game any semblance of justice, but I think judging by the actual gameplay trailer, this has the potential to be the most fun CoD in years. And honestly I'm glad the franchise is trying something different with each iteration now, especially this year given we have Battlefield, Titanfall and CoD releasing back-to-back-to-back.

Oh and the CoD4 remaster definitely helps add that extra edge of optimism to things, especially now Activision have caved and decided on remastering ALL original CoD4 maps and not just 10 as originally planned.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just reading through this thread, its seems COD releases have become a bit of a joke, an expensive joke.

Haven't bought a COD since Black Ops on console, no plans to buy another either.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS4 version will have a free PlayStation VR mission where you pilot the Jackal fighter craft.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    I'm shocked at how bad IW MP looks. It looks like a brighter futuristic version of Ghosts but with worse graphics than BO3. What have they been doing for the past 3 years?!
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The redesign airport looks nice but spoiled by the game mechanics of the wall running and jumps.
    For me, out the 3; cod, bf and tf2. Tf2 is my surprise like. I know it has wall running and massive jumps also, but it fits in with the settings and mech.
    I love bf and probably will still get bf1 but I just feel it'll become less objective based and turn to a sniper fest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this looks like MW3 on steroids with wall running and will be better than blops3. The map layouts look more like the older cods and the colour scheme isn't cartoon ops, as long as it has the hit detection IW are known for it should be a good game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But then the Playstation E3 showed off this interesting game which featured a man grapple hooking his way through a fractured space station and it looked like damn good fun... and then he collected a sub-machine gun mid-grapple hook swing and it hit me: I was watching Infinite Warfare footage.

Honestly, the initial trailer didn't do the game any semblance of justice, but I think judging by the actual gameplay trailer, this has the potential to be the most fun CoD in years.
    I think the problem is that the Single Player stuff all does looks really cool & I am actually looking forward to playing through the SP Campaign. However most people spend most of there time playing the MP & all of this futuristic stuff which makes the SP look so cool tends to make the MP worse for various reasons.

A lot of the excitement regarding Battlefield 1 is that its going to take the MP back to basics. It looks like its going to be a lot more grounded where your not going to have all this wall running, booster packs & the overpowered futuristic weapons or killstreaks that a lot of COD players have grown tired of with the more recent COD games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MP looks laughable.

Akimbo machine pistols? Seriously?

On the bright side, maybe the kiddywinks and YTers will make IW their home and not bother MW:R...

MW:R MP otoh, looks so sweeeet. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    15 minutes of MW:R MP footage;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8OwponLls8E

Camos and medals look to have been incorporated from the modern games. Fine by me, as long as they're not dicking around with the gun balancing, perks, killstreaks etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Infinite warfare looks like it's going to be a 90Gb install.

Modern Warfare remastered is an additional 40Gb so if your installing both you better make sure you have 130Gb free space available.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/10/05/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-and-modern-warfare-remastered-will-be-a-combined-130gb-install