Options

Blackpool AND Manchester?????

OneF'inFalkirkOneF'inFalkirk Posts: 4,099
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Auditions in BOTH of those places? I could hit manchester with a stone from the top of the tower :D

Who decides these locations? So far we've had London, Cardiff, Manchester, London, London, London, Birmingham, London, Manchester, Birmingham, London ... anyone see where i'm going here!

I guess calling the show:

England and annexed kingdoms have got talent

was a tad too long :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    Mrs Cee JayMrs Cee Jay Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, what about Devon, Cornwall and Somerset. Did they audition in Bristol or Plymouth or anywhere else in the West Country?
  • Options
    shandygirl1211shandygirl1211 Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, what about Devon, Cornwall and Somerset. Did they audition in Bristol or Plymouth or anywhere else in the West Country?

I believe that Birmingham was the closest? the trenchcoat/flasher guy was from Plymouth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it will all pan out as to where they went, as i haven't seen a list of the audition areas, but so far they haven't strolled outside the traditional safe bets such as Brum, manchester, and London, had a token stop in Wales, and then want to do auditions in blooming Blackpool

If they want to call this show Britain's Got Talent, i think they need a serious look at their audition locations, the outlying areas of the UK seem to get ignored (and i'm not just talking about Scotland, the poster above is spot on with the South West of England, etc)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats the problem a lot a of famous people think th UK stops at Bristol.We never get many big stars/Bands down this way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats the problem a lot a of famous people think th UK stops at Bristol.We never get many big stars/Bands down this way.

There is a 'spine' of places in the UK, and the rest of us just have to suffer. Up here you are lucky if there are any big concerts outside of Glasgow, and i love it when you get really big acts (i remember Madonna doing this) coming to London for 7 nights and calling it a UK tour :rolleyes:

However, when it's your own tv networks, they should know better
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44,323
    Forum Member
    they only did blacpool this year becuase "apparently" its the home of variety and seaside fun or summat. :confused:
  • Options
    SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wondered why they had auditions in both Blackpool and Manchester too. However, it was good to see a smaller place like Blackpool get a look in.

I don't get the fixation with Manchester and Birmingham. London yes, its the capital. But there are other large cities too, what about Newcastle or Leeds or Sheffield, or Liverpool? They could just as easily hold the North West auditions in The Liverpool Empire.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered why they had auditions in both Blackpool and Manchester too. However, it was good to see a smaller place like Blackpool get a look in.

Not when it's stones throw from Manchester :(

I don't think they even DID a round of auditions in Scotland last year, and i'm not sure if they have done any this time around, but they tend just to do one place, usually Glasgow, as if everyone in Scotland can just get to Glasgow in 10 mins :rolleyes:
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they did Glasgow last year, I'm sure - but I know what you mean - it must rule out a lot of people taking part because of the travelling involved.
    I'm surprised they don't do Newcastle or Liverpool - I know it would make the logistics of putting the programme on air slightly harder - the series would have to be longer - but they know it's popular and people would still watch....I'd be interested to know how they decide on what locations to travel to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    they only did blacpool this year becuase "apparently" its the home of variety and seaside fun or summat.

And the centre of the known Universe.

Whats the matter with you all, we gave you Les Dawson and erm erm :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trec123 wrote: »
    Yeah, they did Glasgow last year, I'm sure

Seriously, i can't recall any Scottish auditions last year, and i do remember a few comments along the lines of 'Englands got talent' being aimed at the show due to the lack of auditions up north
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Scotland is covered via the auditions - I expect those auditions will be shown next week or show four.....still many weekly audition shows to air.....maybe all the better talent auditioned in Manc/London/Brum - hence the fact they've been shown the most already.....just a thought!
  • Options
    SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would make more sense to visit more cities for sure. I think they should do London, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds, Cardiff, Belfast and Glasgow.

Surely if the auditon shows will be lasting for seven weeks, they could have covered one city per epiosde instead of mixing them all up?
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    llamajohn wrote: »
    they only did blacpool this year becuase "apparently" its the home of variety and seaside fun or summat. :confused:
    and as you will see next week truely awful acts
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm dreading watching it next week after what was said in the preview :o
    They've made it sound really bad!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    I'm dreading watching it next week after what was said in the preview :o
    They've made it sound really bad!
    I know haha :D
    bad decision to choose here
    :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know haha :D
    bad decision to choose here
    :D

And if they go back next year :p
    I just hope it doesn't show the Fylde in a bad light, lets see what happens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    And if they go back next year :p
    I just hope it doesn't show the Fylde in a bad light, lets see what happens.
    everything shows the fylde in a bad light :D
    aaa well, tis our hidden "gem" ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Surely if the auditon shows will be lasting for seven weeks, they could have covered one city per epiosde instead of mixing them all up?

Glad someone else thinks this too - it drives me mad that each show whips around the cities every five minutes. The American Idol format of each show being dedicated to auditions in a single city makes much more sense.
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - I agree too....I'm getting the impression though, that there were some full days of auditioning where all the acts were especially dire...maybe that's why they've had to chop things up a bit, because in some places they wouldn't have had enough decent stuff to fill the show?
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trec123 wrote: »
    Yes - I agree too....I'm getting the impression though, that there were some full days of auditioning where all the acts were especially dire...maybe that's why they've had to chop things up a bit, because in some places they wouldn't have had enough decent stuff to fill the show?

I thought that, too. But I also reckon that it might have been a better idea to have one place per show, even if it meant the show was half an hour shorter.

But as well as that, there have been some acts that we've not really seen who also got through, so why not show more of those?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Those lads saved the day :D
  • Options
    codacoda Posts: 5,337
    Forum Member

Question for you.....

Who is headlining the summer season this year in Blackpool?

Cannon & Ball? Grumbleweeds?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    coda wrote: »
    Question for you.....

Who is headlining the summer season this year in Blackpool?

Cannon & Ball? Grumbleweeds?
    most probably.
    either them or lionel richie and the roly poly's :)
  • Options
    kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Blackppool produced dreadful tosh mostly. cheapy tacky behind the times dross.