Samsung vs Humax

2»

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2Bdecided wrote: »
    That was my recollection, but as I haven't used live pause for over a year (because the few times I did, I missed the end of the programme!) I wondered whether it had been fixed or at least changed in the latest release.

Graham does seem very keen to tell us that any problem we find has a work around. I'm delighted that we have someone so helpful (genuinely - he's helped me), but some of the recent posts seem very defensive, or in denial.

AFAICT, there's no need to be defensive in a thread called "Samsung vs Humax" because the Samsung doesn't work properly. If this is ever fixed, then I guess the newer box might pose a challenge, but for now...!

Cheers,
    David.

When have i ever denied something that I can repeat ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Test 3 straight forward test of follow up recording when watching a channel you are recording with a spare tuner.

You lose the end even though there's a spare tuner.

To summarise it looks like there are two conditions you lose the end.

1 You are watching a channel in time shift mode that you are recording. This always happens irrespective of tuner resources.

2 A follow up recording immediately follows the channel you are watching (but not recording) and you don't have tuner resources to allow you to continue watching the specific channel. If you do have the resources you do not lose the buffer to a follow on recording.

Interested to know how the Samsung fares.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed today that when I wanted to make a recording with the Samsung that caused a clash with two other planned recordings it offered to just skip the one episode of a series link or delete the complete series link.

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n359/IM35461/2011-07-03134219.jpg

If I recall the Humax offers no such option?

Automan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Automan wrote: »
    I noticed today that when I wanted to make a recording with the Samsung that caused a clash with two other planned recordings it offered to just skip the one episode of a series link or delete the complete series link.

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n359/IM35461/2011-07-03134219.jpg

If I recall the Humax offers no such option?

Automan.

Pretty sure your recall is 100% accurate :D. You would have to cancell the series link and re-instate after the offending episode was transmitted.

I wonder what would happen if a future clash is not yet in the epg when it arrives.
  • Options
    2Bdecided2Bdecided Posts: 4,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When have i ever denied something that I can repeat ?
    I have no idea Graham. If you had repeated something, but denied it, how would I know?! Why would you do that?!?!

Your "denial" is that some of these issues are actually a genuine annoyance to some users.

Live pause doesn't annoy me - the first time it failed, I thought "this is crap, I won't use this again". That's kept me happy for two years. If I'd moved to the humax from a PVR where live pause did work, then I guess I wouldn't be so easily pleased.

Cheers,
    David.