JVC LT-32DA8BJ lost DTV

Hi all.

i have a JVT 32" LCD tv that i have had for a few years now. the other day it stopped showing me the AV source for DTV and HDMI 2. I get my Sky box from down stairs on the analogue TV and my Xbox on HDMi1. it also shows the est1-3.

I have tried the disconnect completely for hours and re plug everything back in with no luck.

is there any way to reset the TV back to factory or try and get my Digital TV menu back? I have been through all the menu options that are left and I have hit a wall with ideas.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you get into any sort of Set-up or Installation menu? If so is there an option to Reset to Factory Defaults or similar. If there is and it lets you select it, try that and see if it makes a difference.
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a button on the remote to switch between ATV and DTV (analogue and digital)
    See page 5 here http://www.jvc.co.uk/files/instruction_manual/lct2016-001b-u.pdf

Troubleshooting help is on page 44
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mac2708 wrote: »
    There is a button on the remote to switch between ATV and DTV (analogue and digital)
    See page 5 here http://www.jvc.co.uk/files/instruction_manual/lct2016-001b-u.pdf

Troubleshooting help is on page 44
    Did you google the model number in the OP by any chance? :)

I saw that same link when I did so but the model numbers on page of the PDF didn't seem to match?
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Did you google the model number in the OP by any chance? :)

I saw that same link when I did so but the model numbers on page of the PDF didn't seem to match?

Sorry, my mistake :o the hour is late

The link I gave was one of the first hits but I now realise that it's the wrong model
    I haven't located a link for the OPs TV user manual that's either free or works.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mac2708 wrote: »
    Sorry, my mistake :o the hour is late

The link I gave was one of the first hits but I now realise that it's the wrong model
    I haven't located a link for the OPs TV user manual that's either free or works.:(
    Confused me at first as well.

I did find one site that claimed to have a free download of the manual but it had a very broken link to it so not much use.

Though it is very possible that your suggestion about the remote applies to the OP's model as well. Would not be unusual for a similar button to exist on different models.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    KrisMcEwan wrote: »
    Hi all.

i have a JVT 32" LCD tv that i have had for a few years now. the other day it stopped showing me the AV source for DTV and HDMI 2. I get my Sky box from down stairs on the analogue TV and my Xbox on HDMi1. it also shows the est1-3.

I have tried the disconnect completely for hours and re plug everything back in with no luck.

is there any way to reset the TV back to factory or try and get my Digital TV menu back? I have been through all the menu options that are left and I have hit a wall with ideas.

Many JVC sets are just cheap Vestel sets, and prone to corruption of the EEPROM memory, which commonly causes such problems.

You probably need to enter service mode and reset it to the original factory defaults, and reload the initial settings.

My Hitachi/Vestel Plasma does similar things once or twice a year (which was how I came to get it for nothing).
  • in_focusin_focus Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    This model was JVCs own FT3 chassis. To recover from this problem you need to set the TV to "shipping condition" which rewrites the EEPROM with default settings, unfortunately you need a special JVC service remote to do this.

You will obviously need to find a dealer with the service remote and you may find this a problem now.