Options

Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 50,119
    Forum Member
    Nome wrote: »
    What intrigued me, among the panicking Zara scene at the beginning was why Julia didn't leave a 'handover document' listing what to do in different cases for the daily running of the practice...

In a way it serves "Zaniel" right for sitting back so much and letting Julia and Heston do most of the partnership work while they where as good as sleeping partners. No pun intended eirther!
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 51,006
    Forum Member
    I was in danger of thinking real life was mimicking Doctors today with the snake plot as I saw my friend this afternoon who told me how one of his snakes has escaped. :eek: Fortunately his is a harmless corn snake, but still I was like :eek:
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Nome wrote: »
    What intrigued me, among the panicking Zara scene at the beginning was why Julia didn't leave a 'handover document' listing what to do in different cases for the daily running of the practice...

She left lots of 'patronising post-it notes' according to Daniel! I'm sure if he'd bothered to read them and act on them things would have gone well.

I think the 'urgent' envelope will be the documents Kevin is looking for confirming he is a fully qualified GP.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    She left lots of 'patronising post-it notes' according to Daniel! I'm sure if he'd bothered to read them and act on them things would have gone well.

I think the 'urgent' envelope will be the documents Kevin is looking for confirming he is a fully qualified GP.

I think they will be a warning that the the mill is about to be audited
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Mrs Tembe - Kung Fun Queen! I liked Mrs T from the moment she arrived and she's got better and better as time went by. I'd be great if her and Heston got a little bit merry one of these days and found themselves in each other's arms!
  • Options
    Forum Member

I was wondering why they focused in on it at the end of the episode the other day. Cleaner should have noticed what was written on it and Daniel should have too.

Todays episode I found irritating at how the smug lawyer thought he could get away with on behalf of his son. I thought the shop keeper was being a right drama queen but then I remembered this "brilliant" Government are tying rope after rope on non EU people in terms of them coming here or bringing their spouses over so maybe Doctors where trying to touch on that.

Immie! :mad: Does she not realise you have to be very wary of reporters?! Stupid cow reporter too! I couldn't give a monkeys about that goon Scott (cherry's ex druggie boyfirend), but it was out of order for the reporter trying to make a story out of it. Wasn't Karen supposed to be doing any work either instead of talking to her?!
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I liked today's story. I felt sorry for the little boy and the shop keeper.

Silly Karen...her big mouth was bound to get her in trouble one day. Her and Freya make a good couple when it comes to blabbing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »

Silly Karen...her big mouth was bound to get her in trouble one day. Her and Freya make a good couple when it comes to blabbing.

Talk about pulling on heartstrings!
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »

Really cannot stand karen and her unlikeable character and wheezing voice.

Good episode today.

The shopkeeper was a reLly nice, sympathetic character. How nice to show shoplifting is not glamorous or a victimless crime.
  • Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent performances from the boy and the actor playing the shopkeeper too.

Rob must be so busy being the only copper in Letherbridge! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

That's 'cos he's the only cop in the country that can teleport himself to a crime scene in seconds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I may be wrong, but the song "if you like pina colada" is running through my mind with this storyline!
  • Options
    cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did enjoy yesterday's episode, it was very well acted and a good storyline, if only Doctors was like this all the time :D
  • Options
    cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is Barbara's husband, I can't think what he has been in?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do people really throw away a marriage so easily? Whatever happened to discussing your problems? Jeez.

I laughed at Karen in the car park at the end!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I may be wrong, but the song "if you like pina colada" is running through my mind with this storyline!

I haven't watched to today's episode yet but I LOVE that song!!
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I fell asleep when i woke up i was wondering why they wanted to move to dorset
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I fell asleep when i woke up i was wondering why they wanted to move to dorset

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do people really throw away a marriage so easily? Whatever happened to discussing your problems? Jeez.

I laughed at Karen in the car park at the end!

I know, why don't people think much more before getting married? They're supposed to be taking vows for goodness sakes and stupid cows like the one in todays episodes as soon as she feels she's losing out thinks its ok to start cheating? :rolleyes:

Why is the onus always on the man to keep the magic/entertainment so much for in relationships? It certainly feels like it in my view and experiences. Man must deliver on keeping the sparks going and if not, divorce! :rolleyes:

The chickens have so come home to roost on Julia leaving so suddenly, but in the current climate it shouldn't be that hard to find someone good enough to do the job.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,290
    Forum Member
    Tuesday

Good episode i thought....Zara showing how stressfull it can be becoming Practice Manager if only for a day i think the Partners now know how Julia felt at times:D
    The storyline with the Snake was quite good and played by a hottie too:) 9/10:)

Wednesday

I loved the Daily storyline with the Shop Keeper and actually felt sorry for him, No one should have to worry about their shop being Robbed every 5 minutes and by a little boy his age too. Glad it all came good in the end.

Cherry and Karen Having a little fued there:D I think Cherry was in the wrong really and karen shouldn't have backed down 9/10:)

Todays Episode

I don't think anyone is ever going to get Jimmi to become a partner. Julia tried anumber of times and Daniel has even had a go but he's having none of it.
    Neither Karen or Mrs tembe want the job as stand in PM
    but lucky for Karen she got an easy way out.
    Zara showing that she really does have a soft side once again.

The storyline with Freya was quite good and i've always liked that Guy.....Freya really does get caught up in other people's problems 8/10:)

A brilliant week so far and hopefully that will continue tomorrow:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is ever going to get Jimmi to become a partner. Julia tried anumber of times and Daniel has even had a go but he's having none of it.

I seem to remember a few years ago he wanted a partnership, but Julia wasn't prepared to offer him one. He gave his notice in, but then he was offered the police job and decided to stay on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Think I really need to get a life ! After Jimmi's comment in today's episode on Practice Managers not being paid brilliantly I've just googled it - on average £29K ! How did Julia support her swish lifestyle on this !
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,290
    Forum Member
    I seem to remember a few years ago he wanted a partnership, but Julia wasn't prepared to offer him one. He gave his notice in, but then he was offered the police job and decided to stay on.
    Ah yes your right...I'd forgotten about that actually:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lou65 wrote: »
    Think I really need to get a life ! After Jimmi's comment in today's episode on Practice Managers not being paid brilliantly I've just googled it - on average £29K ! How did Julia support her swish lifestyle on this !

She might not have had a mortgage on the house? If you haven't got that going out of your account each month is means quite a lot of spending money! Mind you I might be wrong. She's also a partner, so would that give her more of an income?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Decent episode although that woman was annoying...people should know when they're well off. Well she's the loser :D

Loved the Zara/Karen/Mrs T stuff.

Jimmy and Daniel both having problems :(
This discussion has been closed.