Options

The Fault In Our Stars

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
Forum Member
Anyone else read this fantastic book? Highly recommend it to anyone. Subject a bit of a downer and will leave you sobbing, but nevertheless a FANTASTIC BOOK!

DFTBA

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    I'm going to read it next. Can't wait. My copy is signed too, yay:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Great.... am I right in thinking.... NERDFIGHTER!! What colour was your signature?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great.... am I right in thinking.... NERDFIGHTER!! What colour was your signature?

I have a signed copy too my signature is purple. I didn't enjoy the book. I enjoyed the first half and then gave up.

Anyone want a free signed copy? It just using up space on my bookshelf.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,432
    Forum Member
    Anyone else read this fantastic book? Highly recommend it to anyone. Subject a bit of a downer and will leave you sobbing, but nevertheless a FANTASTIC BOOK!

DFTBA

Yes, I recently finished this book and John Green's The Fault In Our Stars is a superlative book and I highly recommend it to others. It's one of those books that really does engage the emotions of the readers and it's all the better for it.
  • Options
    MelodyMakerMelodyMaker Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I recently finished this book and John Green's The Fault In Our Stars is a superlative book and I highly recommend it to others. It's one of those books that really does engage the emotions of the readers and it's all the better for it.

Agreed. Didn't think I would enjoy it as heard it was soppy etc but found it very well written and emotional.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,432
    Forum Member
    Agreed. Didn't think I would enjoy it as heard it was soppy etc but found it very well written and emotional.

Indeed, MelodyMaker. This is only a personal view but I think that book is so good that it ought to be perhaps studied in schools.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the book when I read it (John Green definitely has a knack for emotionally devastating you). What did people think of the movie adaptation compared to the book? I simply couldn't invest myself in it, which I thought was a massive shame. I think part of the reason was the actors - I'm not much of a fan of either of them.