Options

Will the loonies stop voting, please?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously, the vote has worn thin, and Anton is now getting the flak. His contract stops him from walking out, but very soon he will need medication to continue taking to the stage on Sats with the object.

Anton looks to be having the time of his life. It doesn't seem like a hardship at all.

Anton knows that if it wasnt for Ann he most likely would not have been in Strictly this year.......he is grasping the opportunity to redeem himself from last years problems so why wouldnt he be enjoying it. I am not Anton greatest fan to none of the other celebs would have been able to deal with this as well as he does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped voting a couple of years back and its really changed my perspective, now i just enjoy the show for what it is to me (Saturday night light entertainment) and await the best bit which is the Musings from the marvellous JfW.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    clayton_st wrote: »
    Enough is enough, a joke too far. Come on now and stop voting for the most useless competitor ever to enter SCD.
    If your person wins it will be the end of Strictly.

Great idea - come on here and insult people then ask them for a favour.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Intemperate rows about Ann are pumping oxygen into her cause. Nobody knows what Patsy is doing, but Ann is saturating the forum, the internet and the mass media. All who are against Ann overstaying have no means of dialing in an eviction vote. All who are offended by OTT complaints will be dialing for Ann multiple times.

Ann is a fantastic candidate - for The Generation Game. Strictly dancers do not invade the House of Commons and stage a 9-week sit-in threatening to win the Prime Minister's job. Live and let live? ;)
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Great idea - come on here and insult people then ask them for a favour.:rolleyes:

:D

Now all we need is for the hormonal old tarts to stop voting for Gavin, the over-sexed trollops to stop voting for Matt and Scott, the mad, menopausal bints to stop voting for Pamela and Patsy and the boring purists to stop voting for Kara.

Anyone to oblige please?
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now all we need is for the hormonal old tarts to stop voting for Gavin, the over-sexed trollops to stop voting for Matt and Scott, the mad, menopausal bints to stop voting for Pamela and Patsy and the boring purists to stop voting for Kara.

Anyone to oblige please?

lol!

That's probably my favourite post of yours yet :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyone to oblige please?

So if all the AW lovers hyperventilate and get upset at being called loons, why do you feel its ok to call those that enjoy watching real dances and dancers 'purists'? Hmmm... ? Especially as many times i have witnessed it being used as an insult? :rolleyes:
    -Sid- wrote: »
    lol!

That's probably my favourite post of yours yet :D

From the person who has claimed only this evening, that name calling is disrespectful. :rolleyes:

How does "menopausal bint" and "over-sexed trollops" be less insulting and disrespectful than "loons" ??

Double standards anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Head. Wall. Brick. Bang.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does "menopausal bint" and "over-sexed trollops" be less insulting and disrespectful than "loons" ??

Hate to have to spell this out (I shouldn't have to!), but I think the post from tabithakitten was meant to be a parody of the typical posts we are getting on this forum. :)
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    So if all the AW lovers hyperventilate and get upset at being called loons, why do you feel its ok to call those that enjoy watching real dances and dancers 'purists'? Hmmm... ? Especially as many times i have witnessed it being used as an insult? :rolleyes:

From the person who has claimed only this evening, that name calling is disrespectful. :rolleyes:

Double standards anyone?

I think you've missed the point a bit
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Double standards anyone?

I think you had a whoooosh moment:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate to have to spell this out (I shouldn't have to!), but I think the post from tabithakitten was meant to be a parody of the typical posts we are getting on this forum. :)

Fair enough.:o But unfortunately, there are some that feel that it is ok to make insults but get seriously offended should anyone dare to make any comment that contradicts their opinion about AW. I probably though that tabithakittens post was one of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you had a whoooosh moment:D

Yup... Occasionaly guilty of those! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough.:o But unfortunately, there are some that feel that it is ok to make insults but get seriously offended should anyone dare to make any comment that contradicts their opinion about AW. I probably though that tabithakittens post was one of them.

I am seriously offended! I'm chucking darts at my picture of the Black Widdy as I type (it's a skill I've perfected over previous weeks.) :D
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    The Net wrote: »
    Cause? What cause? It's just a cry of anguish from the many who find this a joke too far. The fact that she hasn't done a Jon Sargent and gracefully withdrawn is a "cause" I cant quite make out. Ok I understand that this is, in her opinion, not a dance show but entertainment - but still.......

John Sergeant was doing it for publicity for his future career. Ann has no rational reason to be doing it. When you are motivated by some bizarre psychology, you are not going to stop just because its ridiculous you continuing.

Same applies to the voters . If anyone finds her remotely watchable they are unlikely to start thinking she isn't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    clayton_st wrote: »
    Enough is enough, a joke too far. Come on now and stop voting for the most useless competitor ever to enter SCD.
    If your person wins it will be the end of Strictly.[/QUOTE

I have never voted on SCD......in fact, this is the first year Ive actually watched.......but I do object to people like you telling me who I should or should not be supporting in the way I want to.

You have only given me reason to vote for Ann for my first vote ever on this show and I look forward to seeing her next week too!
  • Options
    posiepebblesposiepebbles Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't hear the word 'loonies' without thinking 'we are loonies and we are PROUD!' from 'Taking over the Asylum' - brilliant drama from the 1990's, check it out now that it's finally on DVD. It will make you :D:):eek::mad: ... and I can't find a 'cry', but that too.

Anyway, back on topic: I know that there are some people who find Ann funny and, given that humour is so subjective, I can't hold it against them, but... This could have been the best actual competition since Jill v Denise, given there are four celebs who have all produced great stuff and have also all wobbled a bit. If the producers (and a section of the public) weren't messing around with it so much, it would be absolutely edge-of-your-seat viewing.

Well, it would for me and a dedicated group of Strictly fans. But possibly not the wider audience. Quantity rather than quality is clearly the new BBC 'vision'.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, it would for me and a dedicated group of Strictly fans. But possibly not the wider audience. Quantity rather than quality is clearly the new BBC 'vision'.

Agreed, they are obviously dumbing down to the lowest common denominator.
  • Options
    posiepebblesposiepebbles Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, and just to spell it out, I would rather my licence fee went towards producing programmes that, say, 10% of viewers absolutely love (different ones for different groups) than attempting to compete with ITV or, heaven help us, SKY.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging tonight only, and strictly on "performance" I have to say Ann wasn't the worst! (Her dancing was, but I did say performance!)

Ann actually made me laugh
    Gavin just made me cringe
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who thinks Anton is having the time of his life should honestly think again. His expressions, and some of his quietly spoken "asides" proves he'd be more than happy to leave the show tonight - he's had enough.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Judging tonight only, and strictly on "performance" I have to say Ann wasn't the worst! (Her dancing was, but I did say performance!)

Ann actually made me laugh
    Gavin just made me cringe

That's how I felt too.

Both were awful dance-wise but I found what Gavin said and did less entertaining.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who thinks Anton is having the time of his life should honestly think again. His expressions, and some of his quietly spoken "asides" proves he'd be more than happy to leave the show tonight - he's had enough.

He's getting more publicity than he's had for years and is coming across well. Lucky Anton.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think he has got the golden goose and is hoping that she will lay the golden egg in the form of the glitterball!