Options

How can i achieve things in 2011 ?

Comments

• Options
    IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    5340robert wrote: »
    Whats the best way of achiving and setting aims for 2011.

How should i keep my hopes up ?

Am i to old to change my life for the better ? (i`m 24)

Set yourself some achievable goals such as brushing your teeth, staying single and living in your sister's shadow.

Then report back in 12 months to tell us how you managed to fail at even that.
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Be pro-active about everything :)
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member

It's not your age that's the problem, it's your attitude.
    I can't be bothered to give you any advice as the best advice has been given to you many times.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is taking every bit of my self control to stop myself posting something that will probably get me banned.

You and me both, it isn't worth it. he starts the thread and sits back and waits......... we don't hear from him again.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You were too old to change the second you were born. You were born the way you are so obviously a lost cause.
  • Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    he starts the thread and sits back and waits......... we don't hear from him again.
    Can you blame him for not coming back after the deluge of opprobrium that has been heaped upon him? I'm frequently guilty of that myself but sometimes I think it can go a bit too far.
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I think we should all make a New Year's resolution not to pick on Rob any more. :D
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    Can you blame him for not coming back after the deluge of opprobrium that has been heaped upon him? I'm frequently guilty of that myself but sometimes I think it can go a bit too far.

Whats's the point in creating all the threads then? To be fair there are people who try their best to offer him advice, but it falls on deaf ears. He refuses to follow any advice given to him. Now that might be because he's a bit dim, or perhaps he is suffering from some sort of mental disorder. Perhaps not his fault, but he refuses to even go to a Doctor.

Who in their right minds, bar joanne01 posts the same crap over and over again for the five years they've been on? It's a shame you can't report concerns/fears you have about someones mental state when it gets this bad. People like robert are just left to aimlessly wander around the net posting the same thing over and over again.
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    It's clear the OP has been trolling DS for ages and it works everytime. He ain't even that good of a troll. Wake up people.
  • Options
    Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only way, in true "She-Devil" style, is to undergo a series of plastic surgery procedures to transform yourself into your sister. You must then kill her, and take her place. You may have to explain your own disappearance however.
  • Options
    stevenjwstevenjw Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Sorry Its getting to a point that I don't believe he has a sister. He just get some annoying pleasure from trolling.

He just keeps on repeating the same thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are well harsh to him
  • Options
    HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member

Please check Bob's posting history, and then see if you still agree with this comment! ;)

I have to admit I do quite enjoy Bob's threads - mostly because they frequently go off topic! I've read and participated in some great discussions on threads started by Bob, none of which have anything to do with the opening post :o:D
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

People are well fed up with him.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Changing your life has nothing to do with age, Rob. It's all about attitude.

In which case, no, you stand no chance.
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to know more about Rob's girlfriend. Is she as hot as his sister?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to know more about Rob's girlfriend. Is she as hot as his sister?

I am waiting to hear she has met the sister and gone off with her. Its the next logical step!
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep doing what your doing:D You get a better response to your threads than most. You are entertaining in an irrtating sort of way. Try in 2011 to be a bit more original tho. You are a wee bit predictable:D
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You would be getting harsh replies if you started around 30 threads asking the same question in slightly different ways.
  • Options
    Born FreeBorn Free Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the words of Ian Holloway - "who is this person?", "sort your life out"
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No you are not too old to change your life. When I was 24, I left my home town, to start a new life in the hope I would find out the truth of my illness, since then I have had 2 lots of brain surgery, been to Texas once & been to Australia 3 times. This year after almost losing hope, I got myself a loving girlfriend.

Yes I still have health problems as the surgery never worked for me, but I don't dwell on it & I try to make my life the best I possibly can. You have to stop wallowing in self pity. Your life is what you make it.

My advise to you for 2011 is start a new hobby or go out clubbing more, get your backside out on the social scene, yes it is difficult if you are not use to it, but it can be done. Hell with it, I even had hypnotherapy to build self confidence & it worked.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT !!!!
  • Options
    CabbagesAhoy!CabbagesAhoy! Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No you are not too old to change your life. When I was 24, I left my home town, to start a new life in the hope I would find out the truth of my illness, since then I have had 2 lots of brain surgery, been to Texas once & been to Australia 3 times. This year after almost losing hope, I got myself a loving girlfriend.

Yes I still have health problems as the surgery never worked for me, but I don't dwell on it & I try to make my life the best I possibly can. You have to stop wallowing in self pity. Your life is what you make it.

My advise to you for 2011 is start a new hobby or go out clubbing more, get your backside out on the social scene, yes it is difficult if you are not use to it, but it can be done. Hell with it, I even had hypnotherapy to build self confidence & it worked.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT !!!!

Joking apart this is what makes me sad - someone with a decent piece of advice and an incredible life story wasting their time posting in a 'Robert' thread.

I'll never understand why he hasn't been banned. I still think he's using us in a social experiment...
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Propose to your GF? :eek: :eek:

propose to your sister? :D:cry:

Seriously though, god helps those who help themselves and all that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a way to treat someone who sounds as though they have depression.

Robert, why not make 2011 the year you get some help. Go see a professional and talk it all out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a way to treat someone who sounds as though they have depression.

Robert, why not make 2011 the year you get some help. Go see a professional and talk it all out.
    The reason he gets 'treated' this way, is because we have all said what you have suggested many many times in the past, he ignores it completely (seems that other people are ignoring that we've said that too). Rob is not beyond help though as many people here have said, but he just ignores us when we tell him to do stuff.

If anything, on the face of it, I'm in a worse situation than Rob is (as I explained rather fully in his last thread which I think may have been deleted) but I am actually getting on with things and trying to make things better for myself. I know how hard this can be, and possibly why Rob isn't doing anything.

Rob, if you are still reading this thread, do yourself and all of us a favour. Get some professional help, and stop with the self-pitying on here.