Options

What do you honestly feel about the EDL and BNP?

Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
Forum Member
Do you think if someone is a member of one they are automatically a member of the other ? and do you consider all members to be racist or just think some are a bit angry about whats going on in this country, confused and joined these organisations as they think it will give voice to their worries?

Do you think there should be a new party for people to voice their concerns over England becoming too multicultural and to preserve the "english" way of life?

Living in london or other major cities it seems we get a different prespective of intergration than people living in the smaller towns and villages its become normal for us to see people of all races and religions in their different styles of dress but i appreciate it might not be the same for people living in a village with 100 inhabitants?

Do you think a party is needed that will represent the needs of those who wish to see England retain its "englishness"?

Im going to state my viewpoint. Ive had plenty of discussions with EDL members on twitter and other places, ive got to know some who have genuine concerns for what they see as their country fading some of them arent racist in my opinion they just want to be proud of being english and what it means to them and we've discussed how that dosent make someone racist as long as they understand and respect others rights who were born here to i feel some ive spoken to just want a voice but dont know how to go about having one so have joined the EDL.

Others are out and out racists and ive been blocked by Tommy Robinson for posting his fb rants on twitter which to say the least are disgusting.

What are you thoughts and opinions and can we please keep it about the subject and how we can all have a voice without the usual "islam religion of peace lol" bollox? thank you.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not see the point in either of them to be honest. They do keep trying though bless them and God does love a trier.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do not see the point in either of them to be honest. They do keep trying though bless them and God does love a trier.

lol and Tommy Robinson is very trying let me tell you :p
  • Options
    GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tossers. Any further comment is a waste of bandwidth.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BNP helped me out a great deal a few months ago. I'll forever be grateful to their organisation.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They shouldn't be given the oxygen of publicity in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Glengavel wrote: »
    Tossers. Any further comment is a waste of bandwidth.

Lol succinct.
    BNP helped me out a great deal a few months ago. I'll forever be grateful to their organisation.

how?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's more what they honestly feel about me that I feel is the issue. They don't like me very much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vidalia wrote: »
    It's more what they honestly feel about me that I feel is the issue. They don't like me very much.

They really don't like me :P I even had a FB page made for me apparently im a P^^^whorebitch. First two are incorrect last one depends on what day of the month it is. It got taken down after a few days.
  • Options
    kaiserbeekaiserbee Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can honestly say they inspire no feelings in me whatsoever other than fear. And I'm white, working class.

I can't begin to imagine what they inspire in others.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet1986 wrote: »
    how?

Sorted me out a cracking deal on mortgage protection and income protection insurance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kaiserbee wrote: »
    I can honestly say they inspire no feelings in me whatsoever other than fear.And I'm white, working class.

I can't begin to imagine what they inspire in others.

I think the walthamstow anti edl demo showed people aren't fans generally i do worry about how these people deal with people of different races in every day life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorted me out a cracking deal on mortgage protection and income protection insurance.

I just went and googled BNP :D
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am very pro England and our way of life but these people do not represent me in any way. BNP is too close to the NF for my liking and BNP/NF and EDL are far too violent to be calling themselves political parties.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    Well I am very pro England and our way of life but these people do not represent me in any way. BNP is too close to the NF for my liking and BNP/NF and EDL are far too violent to be calling themselves political parties.

Do you think there needs to be a new party without the racism attached to it that just is about being british and proud and not with anti other races/religious slogans?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are a bunch of Knobbers
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They really don't like me :P I even had a FB page made for me apparently im a P^^^whorebitch. First two are incorrect last one depends on what day of the month it is. It got taken down after a few days.
    Crikey, that's awful and could have been dangerous for you! Sickos. Did they put your photos on there as well?
  • Options
    AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think there needs to be a new party without the racism attached to it that just is about being british and proud and not with anti other races/religious slogans?

I don't think that would be possible. While the two are by no means mutually exclusive, blatant racists use patriotism all too often as an umbrella excuse for inciting racial hatred.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the political parties we already have should step up to the plate and do what they are elected for, then we wouldn't need a new party.
  • Options
    ExistentialistExistentialist Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thugs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    geniusgirl wrote: »
    I think they are a bunch of Knobbers
    Crikey, that's awful and could have been dangerous for you! Sickos. Did they put your photos on there as well?

There was a pic of me on my twitter at the time on the golf course with my dad and they'd placed two targets on our heads like bullseyes some people saw it linked me to it i complained to fb so did lots of others including mo i think and they took it down two days later.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My father was Russian, my mother was Mexican, my husband is from Edinburgh and has Asian parents from India. I was born in the UK and have lived in several other countries but only really feel at home in the UK. I am British and proud of it but don't feel in any need of a political party that is just about that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    I don't think that would be possible. While the two are by no means mutually exclusive, blatant racists use patriotism all too often as an umbrella excuse for inciting racial hatred.

Yes they do, im all for freedom of speech but not freedom for hate speech and certainly not of people who dress their concerns up and try to pass them off as being worried about the country when it is as you say just an excuse for racial hatred.
  • Options
    My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do I honestly think of them? Not a lot.
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a pic of me on my twitter at the time on the golf course with my dad and they'd placed two targets on our heads like bullseyes some people saw it linked me to it i complained to fb so did lots of others including mo i think and they took it down two days later.
    :eek: sick!
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When was the last time the BNP or the EDL protested against corporate greed or against the closure of vital public services? when was the last time you saw anyone from the Far Right protesting or standing up for the sick, the vulnerable, the disabled or the elderly? whenever did you see them protesting against cuts to councils budgets or against the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, or vowing to protect the NHS?

The fact is you never do. You see them standing outside of courts protesting against Muslamic Ray Guns, or outside of Subway sandwich shops protesting against the use of halal meat or outside of the site of a proposed Mosque (totally ignoring the numerous churches popping up everywhere).

They are grade-a idiots who are not really interested in society or about "their" kind. They are just thugs, tools of the establishment who are encouraged to divide the working class base. They offer nothing to the ordinary man or woman on the street.

There is a large group headed here in October for a "protest" against Subway and the building of a Mosque, including members of the BNP, EDL, Infidels and the NF and they are being coached in from all around the country and like the last 2 occasions they were here they're gonna have their backsides handed to them.