Options

Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor (Discussion) - 4/08/13 - 7pm - BBC One

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello. wrote: »
    I just can't picture him with Clara, that is the problem I'm having. 11 and Clara work so well, with 12 its going to be so, so different. Too different I fear :/

Don't get me wrong, I think PC is great. LOVED him in Skins, for example. but Who? I can't warm to the idea at all.

At least you gave it a full 30mins to try and warm to it before writing it off though eh?

I reckon it will be interesting to see the new take on The Doctor and how the dynamic with Clara shifts.

At this point the only thing we know about the next series is that Capaldi is The Doctor and Clara will still be involved in some form. We don't know anything else including changes to the character or the storylines so to say it won't work with Clara is a bit premature, especially as she has known every regeneration of him prior to this.
  • Options
    DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's too young and girly for him.

Ageist.... he's only a thousand years or so older...
  • Options
    JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it!

Oi! F**king Clara. What the F**k did I tell you NOT to F**king do? Thats right DON'T F**king wander off. WHAT IS MY ONE F**KING RULE Clara?

Instead you just F**king ignore me and almost get your arse used as a F**king Dalek hat. Rose wouldn't f**king do this to me. She was too busy whining like a whingy f**king C**t. "ooooh doctor I looooove you" Oh F**k off before I get the heart of the F**king tardis shove it up you massive c**nt till you give birth to a deformed F**king baby tardis.

LOL! Doctor Who would be so good like this.
  • Options
    DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What you wouldn't even watch the first episode just to see what there like?

... they're...
  • Options
    benwhobenwho Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I like their choice my intrest.in doctor who has Bern rekindled
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Really wished I placed a bet as I thought it would be him. Already heard from fangirls who are displeased he's so old! William Hartnell must be rolling in his grave at this comment. I wouldn't be surprised if after Matt playing a weary Doctor, Peter would play a slightly younger, more bouncy Doctor.

Just a wonderful person and actor and I predict that he'll win over the fairweather fans. Just can't wait to see his costume.

I guess the trick now is to look for each new companion or Doctor in an old episode..Fires of Pompeii in spades!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be Dean Gaffney.
  • Options
    johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    BBC pulling out all the stops in trying to get some viewers to return to watching the show.

Lisa Tarbuck - and representing the demographic, it's some young kid we've never heard of.

Who is this "we"?

We (i.e. the vast majority of ordinary normal people) know perfectly well that Daniel Roche is the extremely famous actor who played Ben in the extremely famous "Outnumbered". If you didn't know that, you must have been living in a dark cave on Gallifrey for 900 years. :p
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the creepy smile :D
    LINK
  • Options
    MixstarMixstar Posts: 9,290
    Forum Member
    So bloody disappointed. I know this show has a history of continuity errors but they have to go and do another one!? :mad: :(
  • Options
    21CenturyCircus21CenturyCircus Posts: 2,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does PC remind anyone else of The Demon Headmaster?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Checking out his IMBd film and TV biog I didnt realise he had a part in World War Z.
    His character?
    W.H.O Doctor:eek::D
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Good choice. Very happy.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only one thing worries me about this casting.

Capaldi is so good, and so much in demand, that I wonder if he'll want time off to do other things, which may mean less time for DW, and therefore less series/episodes?

(I have to find something to worry about).
  • Options
    scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I'm not so happy but have had my opinion stamped on on this forum this evening. It is obvious if you don't follow the crowd your out.
  • Options
    KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does PC remind anyone else of The Demon Headmaster?

Yes! That's exactly what I said when he walked out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scumcat wrote: »
    I'm not so happy but have had my opinion stamped on on this forum this evening. It is obvious if you don't follow the crowd your out.

Oh how wrong you are. I am certainly not part of the 'crowd' on here.

You are just in full on sulk mode because you don't like them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seemed a little too convenient how the bookies stopped all bets for him like they knew he was being picked.
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was over the moon the second Zoe said his name! That hasn't happened to me before with a new Doctor. I think the flirting with Clara will be replaced with a (Grand)father/daughter relationship similar to that of One and Susan.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just relieved Miranda Hart didn't walk out, gurn at the camera and then fall over.
    Or James Corden encouraging the audience to put their fist in the air and chant.
  • Options
    21CenturyCircus21CenturyCircus Posts: 2,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KesterK wrote: »
    Yes! That's exactly what I said when he walked out.

He's rather attractive though. I would
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    16caerhos wrote: »
    I was over the moon the second Zoe said his name! That hasn't happened to me before with a new Doctor. I think the flirting with Clara will be replaced with a (Grand)father/daughter relationship similar to that of One and Susan.

I think we'll get something akin to Doc 9 and Rose.

Far prefereable than the doey eyed loved up nonsense between Doc 10 and Rose.
  • Options
    capt. tancredicapt. tancredi Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    So hope I'm not proven wrong, but I have a feeling that Peter Capaldi is going to be the classic doctor of the modern era. He has amazing comic timing and gravitas in equal measure. To cap it all he has some serious fan credentials (that letter of his to the Radio Times was fantastic). Sad as I am to see MAtt go, I can't wait until Christmas!!!
  • Options
    scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Oh how wrong you are. I am certainly not part of the 'crowd' on here.

You are just in full on sulk mode because you don't like them.

I think your probably right, I just can't get my head around it. Honestly I just just don't know what to think. This is my favourite show. I hate reality tv I don't watch soaps I'm sad I know. I have just never liked the guy I can't watch a thing he is in, him and Meryl Streep can't bear her either. So I feel a bit lost at he mo sorry if I'm getting boring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16caerhos wrote: »

Thank goodness I hope so. Im getting fed up with all this kissing in the series. Not really a good message to send to kids so if we get a father/daughter type of relationship it will be a breath of fresh air.