If you vote for Calum...

acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
Forum Member
Are you just voting for a pretty face?

Why do some people vote based on looks? I don't get it. Couldn't they just buy a poster or something?

Do the voters think he's going to sleep with them afterwards to thank them for their votes?

Comments

• Rough DiamondRough Diamond Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is okay but that's it for me.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the attraction. It baffles me. Even if he had a decent haircut he wouldn't be on my radar as good-looking. Brad Pitt is good looking, George Clooney is...Calum? Not so much.

He made himself even worse by covering his body in dreadfully done tats
  • Dextor_MorganDextor_Morgan Posts: 1,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me he's a bit like the male version of Katie P, kept quite low key for most of the time, had a bit of a blast with one of the more attention seeking housemates and has seen an increase in support during the last week or so.
    As for sleeping with a voter afterwards...wouldn't put it past either of them ;)
  • this_THATthis_THAT Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hes a Kav #2 waste of a housemate spot
  • EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted for him because he looks great in 'black tie' and he could be looking for an older woman and I fit that bill.
  • acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Enidan wrote: »
    I voted for him because he looks great in 'black tie' and he could be looking for an older woman and I fit that bill.

But he won't be.

It won't be you. He's just someone who has flings. And unless you hang out in sleazy nightclubs then you won't be moving in the same circles.

Why do people delude themselves that if they fancy someone they can have them. This is why I don't have fantasies. I'm too much of a realist.
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's been SO dull, not deserving at all.
  • Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calum's been a lot nicer and more down to earth than I was expecting, which for me is a good thing. I don't think he deserves to be the out and out winner, but it wouldn't bother me too much if he does win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    acid rain wrote: »

Why do some people vote based on looks? I don't get it. Couldn't they just buy a poster or something?

Do the voters think he's going to sleep with them afterwards to thank them for their votes?

His looks mean NOTHING to me! I just think he's a nice down to earth guy.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this_THAT wrote: »
    hes a Kav #2 waste of a housemate spot

a wasted vote, if you ask me
    Forum Member
    Arthur_B wrote: »
    Calum's been a lot nicer and more down to earth than I was expecting, which for me is a good thing. I don't think he deserves to be the out and out winner, but it wouldn't bother me too much if he does win.

Well he would be down to earth. Wouldn't he?

I mean it's not like he's achieved anything, is it? His fame is nothing more than a product of nepotism and if you vote for him then it is a vote for nepotism.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh here we go again lets play the looks card but we better not ever play the race card how ironic, i like callum and so do many others people need to get over it people can like who they want sick of certain posters trying to tell people who they should like perez has gone too bad. thats like accusing perez supporters only liking him because hes not attractive or because hes gay or simply just vile.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, looks have a lot to do with Calum and we can definetly 'play the looks card' on this one

I would place a bet that a good number of his supporters/voters/admirers are people who would drop their knickers for him
  • Mastes1Mastes1 Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's boring but he also seems an ok guy. The only thing that sticks in my mind is that an old work colleague met him in a bar in New York a few years ago and he said he was acting like a ****.
    He could of changed his ways though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he would be down to earth. Wouldn't he?

I mean it's not like he's achieved anything, is it? His fame is nothing more than a product of nepotism and if you vote for him then it is a vote for nepotism.

Are you watching it tonight? i'm not, ive switched off for good

Just on here for a bit then thats it for me BB wise
    Forum Member
    SCDchick wrote: »
    Yep, looks have a lot to do with Calum and we can definetly 'play the looks card' on this one

I would place a bet that a good number of his supporters/voters/admirers are people who would drop their knickers for him

Exactly. And it's ridiculous because unless his supporters are models I doubt he'd look twice at them.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    The desperate housewife vote! Its very strong .

However I am amazed he is favourite! He is trailing behind in all the polls. I know we can't rely on the polls, but I have never known them to be THAT wrong ever.
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I don't vote and I don't find Callum particularly attractive although he seems more civilised than some of the rabble in there.

However if I was voting I would vote for Callum because I think he has the best shot of stopping the abominable Hopkins from winning- albeit a long shot despite the current betting odds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A good think to also ask people, to imagine if Calum had the face and body of this guy, and if they would still feel the same :D

http://images.dailystar-uk.co.uk/dynamic/47/281x351/150841_1.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »

However I am amazed he is favourite! He is trailing behind in all the polls. I know we can't rely on the polls, but I have never known them to be THAT wrong ever.

Ah, that's what i was thinking for a few days and you just reminded me! thanks

The desperate housewife vote

I KNOW that he will be the 'forbidden' fantasy of some out there, i just know it
    Forum Member

These are the same women who go to strip clubs and drool over whatever steroid addled 'hunk' is thrusting his pelvis.

I'm a feminist but even I think think they're desperate cows. :blush:
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SCDchick wrote: »

lool and i bet you will proberly be the first to moan at a poster who dared mention race on big brother lool. so how do we explain all the other popular hms who are not particularly conventional attractive, i suppose katie hopkins is extremly attarctive to most viewers she better be a model after her bb experience, yes in my opinion its a lazy argument and its always after peoples fav hms are evicted the name perez comes to mind ive been on ds for years its the same story, evan when so called model men are evicted people still wine and moan that he was there for looks, oh well some people in this world are good looking to alot of people can we start accusing people of being jeolous now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    lool and i bet you will proberly be the first to moan at a poster who dared mention race on big brother lool. so how do we explain all the other popular hms who are not particularly conventional attractive, i suppose katie hopkins is extremly attarctive to most viewers she better be a model after her bb experience, yes in my opinion its a lazy argument and its always after peoples fav hms are evicted the name perez comes to mind ive been on ds for years its the same story, evan when so called model men are evicted people still wine and moan that he was there for looks, oh well some people in this world are good looking to alot of people can we start accusing people of being jeolous now?

It doesn't actually bother me that Perez didnt get through to the final, because he carried the show and the fact that the producers begged him to stay in speaks volumes :)

And it's STILL The Perez Show

Perez will still be the hot topic tonight when the housemates are evicted and get interviewed

So the fact that he is hot topic all the way through to the last minute of the show, is fine for me :D
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You and others are missing another reason for his likely sizeable chunk of his votes: Manchester United supporters.

On forums such as Red Cafe they are actively encouraging fellow Man Utd fans to vote for the offspring of George Best to win CBB (even if they are not watching the show) to stop "That Scouse Bastard" (Liverpool supporter Keith Chegwin).
    Forum Member
    gentleguy wrote: »

MY point was why does anyone vote based on looks? I was just using Calum as an example.

There have been people who admitted they were voting for him because 'he's fit'. I just wanted to know what they were getting from the situation. I wanted to understand their mentality.