Death in Paradise - Series 2

Comments

• Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    ohhh bless the thought of Harry with a little dicky-bow.
    I remember being on hols in the Dominican Republic and all of us quietly chuckling at the site of the groom's party all in full morning dress... in the heat, looking very hot and bothered!
    There were a ridinkidonk amount of weddings for the 2 weeks we were there, and almost everyone looked like they were melting in a kinda Wizard-of-Oz puddle way!

Sooooo seeing as we have SUCH a long time, I think it's time for RFS's patented Sandy Sweepstakes!
    Any participants welcome (pitchforks, garden forks, cattle prods - optional)
    1. How many more series can we eke out with Murder(s) of the Week:
      • 1 more
      • 2 more
      • 2+ more
    2. Likelihood of Camille staying single in Series 3 in hope of snaring Richard:
      • Yes
      • No (but only to make him jealous)
      • No (but new boyf turns out to be a major criminal mastermind that Richard brings down)
      • No (and the mean writers deny us our dues)
    3. Likelihood of Richard staying single in Series 3:
      • Yes (but only as eyes for Camille)
      • Yes (because he remains TOTALLY oblivious to Camille)
      • No (Some random turns up and claims him... strumpet!!)
    4. IF they ever sort themselves out:
      • Wedding
      • Richard throws all caution to the wind and lives in sin, with Camille & Harry, in his shack on the beach
    5. WHAT gets them together:
      • Course of true love (over 8(+) more episodes... sigh)
      • Some cataclysmic plot device that makes them (re)consider their feelings and realise that life is too short, and beer gets warm too quickly

As you can tell the prospect of writing a new article, or doing company finances, or doing professional exam revision is nowhere near as riveting as helping us all amuse ourselves until... ummm... this time next year.

I did the whole suit and tie wedding thing on a beach in Jamaica. For someone who normally avoids a tie and jacket in the UK, I can confirm that it was extremely uncomfortable. Within minutes of the ceremony and photos being finished, the tie and jacket were off.

Re plot lines - how about Richard being totally oblivious to Camille, but starting to fancy her mother. On second thoughts, maybe not, as she already knows that Camille has a thing for him.

I really don't know how long it can go on. I was unsure about series 2, as I thought they might have used up all their fish out of water jokes in series 1. However, on balance, I think series 2 was even better than series 1. The characters were a bit more rounded and generally likeable. You wanted Fidel to pass his exams etc. (BTW, I loved the post office break in). Richard saying how feeding harry wasn't important, then kept adding requirements - mango - insects - moshed up - twice a day, anytime - 8am and 6pm - not important, etc. Also, we then see Camille putting out food and calling him.

I liked the extrra comedy situations in series 2 (esp the last episode). All gentle comedy, not too forced. I don't think the "whodunnitness" of this series was as good as series 1, overall, so I'd like the detective side of it to be a little tighter.

I like the formulaic old fashined style - generally real clues available to everyone, a flash of inspiration/understanding and then everyone together in a room for the reveal. Followed by beer/tea at the bar or at his beach house.

It's a long time to wait until next year.
  • Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    But that will only happen if you're a currently or formerly famous actor :)

:D:D:D
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    I remember being on hols in the Dominican Republic and all of us quietly chuckling at the site of the groom's party all in full morning dress... in the heat, looking very hot and bothered!
    There were a ridinkidonk amount of weddings for the 2 weeks we were there, and almost everyone looked like they were melting in a kinda Wizard-of-Oz puddle way!

Sooooo seeing as we have SUCH a long time, I think it's time for RFS's patented Sandy Sweepstakes!
      • 1 more
      • 2 more
      • 2+ more
      • Yes
      • No (but new boyf turns out to be a major criminal mastermind that Richard brings down)
      • Wedding
      • Richard throws all caution to the wind and lives in sin, with Camille & Harry, in his shack on the beach
      • Some cataclysmic plot device that makes them (re)consider their feelings and realise that life is too short, and beer gets warm too quickly

As you can tell the prospect of writing a new article, or doing company finances, or doing professional exam revision is nowhere near as riveting as helping us all amuse ourselves until... ummm... this time next year.
    Question 1 - until they run out of British actors to kill, so 2+

Question 2 - no, but only to make him jealous. (Well she has to try something!).

Question 3- yes but only has eyes for Camille.

Question 4 - wedding of course! (I want to see Harry the Lizard in a tux :) also we might actually get to see Fidel' s invisible missus and kiddie).

Question 5 - Either will do for me.

Brilliant - our first entrant!
    Pfft - I should really answer my own questions shouldn't I

Q1) 2 more series
    Q2) No, but only to make Richard jealous
    Q3) Yes, only eyes for Camille
    Q4) Yeah I'd like a wedding
    Q5) I suspect a plot device to force the sitch

By the time Series 3 rolls round, I'll sort out any more responses and then we can see how we all fare!

:cool:
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Would be nice to see Richard ditch the suit and tie for series 3. Although I don't think he will.

Course he won't.... The suit, tie and briefcase combo is his USP (unique selling point)
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

• 1 more
      • 2 more
      • 2+ more
      • Yes
      • Wedding

List 1: Two more I think. I like the idea of Camille being in London for a bit.
    List 2:No (but only to make him jealous)
    List 3: Yes (but only as eyes for Camille)
    List 4: Wedding - but finally and the end of the final series
    List 5: Course of true love (over 8(+) more episodes... sigh) - its got to be this one really...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Course he won't.... The suit, tie and briefcase combo is his USP (unique selling point)

Exactly. Part of his charm.
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is too much for me. Between Sister Berndette and Dr Turner in Call The Midwife and Richard and Camile in Death in Paradise. Please resolve both soon. Can't wait for the third series.;)
  • nic6nic6 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Loved it when he as taking about loving being at Saint Marie despite it not being the plan, loving Camille... And then quickly adding "well all of you" (the rest of the team) - her face semi-falling and the catch in her voice when she said he wouldn't come back was priceless.
    They really did play heavily on her reactions .... Great acting from SM.

Agreed, watching back some of the earlier episodes (including series 1) Sara Martin's facial expressions were excellent, and some of the camera work was very good too, for example in the treasure hunt episode when Richard & Camille were questioning the suspects outside the camp after the shooting watch Camille's face as Richard oogles the blonde, also episode 1 Series 2 (sugar plantation) as Richard & Camille are talking to Kim Neville after she inherits everything, the look Camille gives Richard, if looks could kill. :D
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huge hole in Tuesday night viewing! Come back soon please.

Loved the "Skippy" the Lizard moment..made me LOL :)
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    i found this
    Oh I hope she's on the road of recovery.
    I reckon that the missingman doesn't exist.
    Well spotted! :)
    Lovely way of wrapping up the series, and very glad they didn't go down the will he, won't he cliff hanger return.
    I thought they would as well!

For me the best one of this series was the one where Jamelia starred as the singer who was also Camille's friend, but this last one was still a good episode, nicely wrapped up at the end. And we got to see Harry too. ;)
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,664
    Forum Member
    Oh glory that makes me feel my age as I was chuckling away to myself at the Skippy thing... (show's Ben's age too!!!)
    Not just me then? Phew:p
    Once they have got 24 episodes it can go more easily into syndication in America and make money instead of turning up on PBS services.
    The usual number for US syndication is somewhere between 80 and 100 episodes. And who says this would sell to the US anyway? (I suppose it might!)
    Wench02 wrote: »
    Bet he wanted to say s**g her you stupid fool!
    Thanks. That lowered the tone nicely :D
  • goggledgoggled Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    his suit rots in the tropical air: good news
    he buys a light-weight one: not so good news.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wouldn't be right if he wasn't wearing a suit
    Forum Member
    Wench02 wrote: »
    He wouldn't be right if he wasn't wearing a suit

I should have added to the sweepstake:
    Will he:
    a) Loosen his tie
    b) remove his tie and open his top button
    c) turn up in a tshirt and shorts!
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,368
    Forum Member
    I should have added to the sweepstake:
    Will he:
    a) Loosen his tie
    b) remove his tie and open his top button
    c) turn up in a tshirt and shorts!

Remove his tie and open his top button, well the guys got to live a bit:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loosen his tie at the end of the day...
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

• 1 more
      • 2 more
      • 2+ more
      • Yes
      • Wedding

List 1. More than 2 more series

List 2. No (but only to make him jealous)

List 3. Yes (because he remains TOTALLY oblivious to Camille)

List 4. Wedding

List 5. Course of true love (over 8(+) more episodes... sigh)
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,368
    Forum Member
    STOP PRESS: Harry the lizard has been embroiled in a scandal, he was in Vegas having some "downtime" after filming and was invited to a pool party, next thing he is playing naked pool in his hotel room, and guess what, someone took pics! DIP bosses are playing it down, "he is a young lizard relaxing with friends after the stress of work", but the press think he should have shown more decorum.

I'm sure it won't affect his popularity but he can always go to Africa and cuddle some babies...:D

Lol, only joking, this couldn't happen in real life, oh wait....
  • premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

• 1 more
      • 2 more
      • 2+ more
      • Yes
      • Wedding

Q1 = 2+ Midsomer have been doing it for years and it still has an avid following.

Q2 & 3 = I think both will have flames (one old, one new) which will reinforce their attraction.

Q4 & 5 = He quits because of a conflict of interest & dissolution. Camille Poole is a main suspect in her exes murder. She is cleared, but resign's and they both become private investigators on the island with cases given to them by their friends in the police.

I have a Trowel, can I come?
    Forum Member
    premixxed wrote: »
    Q1 = 2+ Midsomer have been doing it for years and it still has an avid following.

Q2 & 3 = I think both will have flames (one old, one new) which will reinforce their attraction.

Q4 & 5 = He quits because of a conflict of interest, Camille Poole is a main suspect in her exes murder. She is cleared, but resign's and they both become private investigators on the island with cases given to them by their friends in the police.

I have a Trowel, can I come?

I JUST spluttered my coffee all over the PC screen. Of course you can come.. you just need to wield your trowel with more verve and vigour than those of us with cattle prods/pitchforks/garden forks...

I'll add your responses to a little listy I have and when this all kicks off next year and we have a new thread, I'll bung it in there - will be nice to have a little continuous fun throughout the third season run!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they will get as many series out of DIP than they gave midsummer murders!
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where did this pitchfork thing come from? Did I miss something?
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be fun to have a female interest for Richard making google-eyes at him just to see how Camille reacts.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camille's mum?

K
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re pitchforks... If you go back to about page 17 it will explain all.

I don't think Camilles mother will be after Richard when she knows her daughter wants him! On the occasions that Richard has looked at women Camille has been very grumpy about it. I'm pretty sure Richard would fancy a bit of Camille... But he possibly thinks she's too good for him and they're very unalike.