Disappointing line-up for the Big Reunion 2 revealed!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
Forum Member
✭✭
3T
A1
Girl Thing
Eternal
Damage
Supergroup 5th Story (Gareth Gates, Dane Bowers, Adam Rickitt, Kavana, Kenzie)

Will they still manage to sell out arenas on the tour? :confused:

Comments

• thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FernandoM wrote: »
    3T

Supergroup?????????????????????
  • MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed! (5th Story are ex members of bands or solo artists, expect one in CBB for promotion two of the five have already!
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FernandoM wrote: »
    3T
    A1
    Girl Thing
    Eternal
    Damage

WTF!

Who are Girl Thing? I vaguely remember the name but couldn't tell you what they looked like or what any of their songs were without having to google them

As for the Supergroup made up of people from different eras and varying degrees of success :o

I thought the whole point of a show with 'reunion' in its title is to reunite former groups who had a previous history in order to create some tension and backstory not put together completely random people who for the most part have probably never met or worked together before
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Kavana is startimg to look a bit desperate these days. He was on the Voice last year and a casting show (like the Maria/ Superstar ones) for Grease. You cant fault his determination.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Agreed! (5th Story are ex members of bands or solo artists, expect one in CBB for promotion two of the five have already!

Two of the five have also had Katie Price. Ugh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really, the only act I'm looking forward to is A1. The thing is A1 already reunited minus one member a few years back. So, I guess all four members will be involved now.

I don't know why they bother with Girl Thing. They only released two singles and their studio album was cancelled. I don't even remember them too well when they came out.

As for the "Supergroup", that is just another way of ITV saying they can't get their sixth group to the show. Why don't they just do a separate show of solo artists making a comeback instead? It will most likely be disastrous.

I couldn't care less about the other acts.

This is a major regression from the first series.
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lineup is really poor besides Eternal! You know as soon as the show sets in it becomes more of a reality show based on the individual's stories so the particular band's fame prior to the show really becomes irrelevant anyway.

I would love them to do a show where solo acts and bands from the 90s make a comeback, the lineup would be more diverse. I would love if now irrelevant (Yet amazing!) solo acts such as Dina Carroll could take part, I'm sure others could come up with some more names but Dina would definetly be number one on my list!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have tried Mis-teeq although I know Alisha is enjoying success on her own.

3T? yay. I like them lol. I'm sure they never really split though.
  • popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am surprised at Gareth doing this show as a supergroup with those four members as he as a successful career in theatre and is doing Dancing on Ice as well. He was reported to be one of the biggest earners in Panto and his current show broke all records for attendance

He is planning to release an album which might have something to do with it and he split with wife so maybe a pending divorce means he needs the money. His earning were reported at over £6 million five years ago and he invested wisely in property so doubt he is struggling.

I am pretty certain the offer from ITV was by far the largest on offer compared to the others.

Good to see A1 back!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Girl Thing! Will Jody Albert be with them?
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will be Dane Bowers 2nd attempt of becoming a part of a supergroup made up of other popstars. Dane was in a show called Totally Boyband in 2006 where members of other pop groups formed as one calling themselves Upper Street and tried to launch themselves on the market. The others were: -

Jimmy Constable from 911
    Bradley McIntosh from S Club 7
    Danny Wood from New Kids On The Block
    Lee Latchford-Evans from Steps (although he left after a short while)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Street_(band)
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel bad for Eternal as they don't deserve to share the bill with that.pathetic line up.

Seriously imagine if it had been

Eternal
    S Club 7
    Mis-Teeq
    All Saints
    Hear'say

Now that would have been goooood
  • popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTF!

I thought the whole point of a show with 'reunion' in its title is to reunite former groups who had a previous history in order to create some tension and backstory not put together completely random people who for the most part have probably never met or worked together before

To be fair the "supergroup" all have colourful life stories to tell and seeing how they work together as they form a group could be interesting. The solo acts in particular will find it a challenge to share the limelight. Dane would be my pick if there is a diva amongst them

In terms of singing talent Gareth has by far the best voice and will put them to shame, Dane had a good voice but I think he has lost its quality in recent years, Kenzie just raps, Kavana is not a bad singer and Adam well let's say he was never noted for his singing and should stick to the background bit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A1 and Eternal are the only 2 acts id have interest in (very vague interest at that)

I remember my sister had a 3T poster in her room in the 90s - not because she was a fan but because Smash Hits Magazine had a free giant poster of the group.

Damage - I can't name one song from them. I always remember thinking "I can't believe baby spice is going out with that lad from Damage" .. Come to think if it I doubt Emma could name a single Damage song.

Girl Thing - is just a pathetic excuse to make Kian Egans (king of the jungle) wife Jodie a star. I would predict an ITV2 spin off show with Kian and Jodie in the summer. Something similar to Katie and Peter.

5th Story is just cringe!!!!! Dane Bowers needs to give it a rest, nobody cares! ... I don't even know where to begin with this, its sooooo bad.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,975
    Forum Member
    They would have been better doing a kind of spin-off, The Big 80s Reunion, The Big Stock-Aitman-Waterman Reunion, anything that isn't the line-up of this show.

I said in the TV Forum thread I was unsure if they would top the first line-up and they haven't. Id have preferred to see the first line-up continue touring together, minus Liberty X (who aren't carrying on) and Blue (who shouldn't have been involved anyway) and introduce two new groups, Eternal and someone else,

First couple of episodes introducing the new groups, maybe the groups recording new music together, like new songs with Atomic Kitten featuring The Honeyz kind of thing for an album, or even just seeing the individual groups recording new singles and albums, and putting together a new tour for 2014. Whilst I think Big Reunion 1.0 could pull off another arena tour, I doubt 2.0 will fill the Hammersmith Apollo for one night
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eternal are extremely good. And this seems to be the originals minus Louise - Easther, Vernie and Kéllé.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    No Big Brovaz? :(
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girl Thing should be replaced with The 411, at least they scored two top 5 hits and another top 10 hit.
    I thought the point of Big Reunion was that the group had to have been quite successful in the first place?!:confused: Girl Thing were always a flop. As one poster already mentioned, their inclusion on the show is purely because of Jodi Albert being Kian Egan's girlfriend....how pathetic!>:(
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    As one poster already mentioned, their inclusion on the show is purely because of Jodi Albert being Kian Egan's girlfriend....how pathetic!>:(

That's what I thought when I heard they were being included... scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit isn't it?

(Jodi's his wife, btw :) )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Jodi woman needs to give it a rest. I remember she was in that girl band Wonderland a few years ago and they bombed horribly as well. She's so desperate to be famous it's sickening.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never even heard of Damage or 3T.

I've only even heard of Girl Thing because I read Simon Cowell's biography, and they were basically just a failed attempt to rival the Spice Girls and ended up being a huge flop.

Eternal I've heard of but couldn't name one of their songs without looking them up.

A1 I remember but only because of their song Take On Me... which was a cover.

5th Story... how is this a REunion? It's just a union. Of failed soloists. How embarrassing.

All in all... I don't know why they're bothering with this series. Abysmal.
  • Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not heard of any of them, other than Eternal and Dane Bowers, my wife usually liked everyone from the first reunion, but even she said this will not be worth watching.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    The reaction to this has been awful and I can't say I'm surprised... few of these acts really had much appeal in the way that 5ive, B*witched and Atomic Kitten did. Girl Thing never even got to release an album! If an arena tour is booked then I can see it being cancelled, the only salvation might be if they can persuade some of the groups from Series 1 to join a tour.
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they could top the first series...

A1 are still doing really well abroad, they were on a program on TLC recently.

Eternal I was never keen on in the first place.

the rest are all crap whose songs always seemed to be on the free cd's you got with TOTP magazine or TV hits.....

think I will be avoiding this series, was rita simmons aka roxy from eastenders in girl thing??
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just looked... no she wasn't in girl thing but an equally as crap band