Anxiety.

13»

Comments

• Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on my bike every day, so that is good. I don't lack energy in that regard. I would still love to get a diagnoses of some kind.
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    I'm on my bike every day, so that is good. I don't lack energy in that regard. I would still love to get a diagnoses of some kind.

Well done. I could write a book on this topic as it has been lifelong with me and dealt with in various ways. Pushing myself into situations in spite of it when younger and then taking myself out of almost all situations in recent years. Medication - and I recognise all the things you mention - doesn't work for me. Counselling on occasions has been helpful. A feeling of having some sort of support in the everyday is probably best. I am not sure, though, what a diagnosis can achieve. I just get the same one on any visit to a GP but it doesn't mean anything in practical terms.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been taking my citalopram 10mg for well over a month and a half now and my mood is much better. Still get little downers but nothing much. Anxiety still happening but not on the scale it was and I'm exercising more just via my bike.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been taking my citalopram 10mg for well over a month and a half now and my mood is much better. Still get little downers but nothing much. Anxiety still happening but not on the scale it was and I'm exercising more just via my bike.

That's good news. Little downers are nothing to worry about. No-one's in a good mood all the time. Exercise, as you are finding, is a great help.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I am nearing two months on Citalopram 10mg and while my mood is much better and anxiety physical symptoms are much better, I am now starting to get spikes of headaches which come and go quickly.

It's not constant. I did get a prescription glasses last week as I needed glasses anyway but still getting it. Only been like this for a couple of weeks. Could it be the medication telling me it's done it's job?
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I am nearing two months on Citalopram 10mg and while my mood is much better and anxiety physical symptoms are much better, I am now starting to get spikes of headaches which come and go quickly.

It's not constant. I did get a prescription glasses last week as I needed glasses anyway but still getting it. Only been like this for a couple of weeks. Could it be the medication telling me it's done it's job?

I have no idea. If it continues see your GP.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to get an assessment next week and CBT with a therapist and see what under lying issues I might have. Could take 1.5 hours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the session last year didn't diagnose depression but I think I will contact my gp tomorrow to get me on 20mg citalopram as the anxiety has returned but not what it was.

Any time I sit down for a period of time and then stand up, I can feel a weird sensation and also little weird feelings on my side which I could only describe as discomfort but it's not constant. I have lost a shit load of weight since I made this thread.

I think I might need to go to 20mg as I have had a feeling the anxiety has been creeping back on me, then that can lead to a low mood which can lead to bad thoughts. I don't know if that would be depression in any way but I doubt as I take depression is constantly down which I'm not.

Only like this when I can feel anxiety symptoms, the classic one being thinking something is wrong when I build up to a weird sensation.
  • PEARLY331PEARLY331 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pregabalin really helps my anxiety along with 10 diazepam
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that not for severe anxiety? I know when I'm in this period of anxiety when the teeth start grinding and weird sensations, the odd low mood comes on for a few seconds and bad thoughts for a few seconds.

Perhaps I just need to up my mg to 20 citalopram?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that not for severe anxiety? I know when I'm in this period of anxiety when the teeth start grinding and weird sensations, the odd low mood comes on for a few seconds and bad thoughts for a few seconds.

Perhaps I just need to up my mg to 20 citalopram?

I take 100mg sertraline
    20mg olanzapine
    225 pregabalin
    10mg diazepam

and im still nervous!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, don't think I'm near that level and early last year it was pretty bad, ringing ambulance a few times bad. So compared to then, it's much better but I just know what the feelings are and I'd rather not have them.

So a higher dose needed I think. I'll certainly be seeing my gp this week coming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, don't think I'm near that level and early last year it was pretty bad, ringing ambulance a few times bad. So compared to then, it's much better but I just know what the feelings are and I'd rather not have them.

So a higher dose needed I think. I'll certainly be seeing my gp this week coming.

I wish you well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anxiety is incredible at what it can do, when I'm getting the feelings on my side or even the odd twitch in the stomach, you automatically think cancer, the fact I have been getting weird sensation when I stand up after sitting down for a bit which I can only describe as dizzy but only for 5 seconds.

I had similar last year before I even went on citalopram which has been working great until now, although it's still better than it was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I have anxiety but I probably do have some depressive disorder or some symptoms of depression but never had anyone tell me I have it, even at a counselling session to get a diagnoses. But then that was last year and it was based on my answers to tick box survey.

But the low mood or as I would call it "not my full self" comes when I get anxiety symptoms. I have now got on to 20mg, will give it a few weeks, if not improved, then I'll have to see what else is available.

Does anyone else find themselves just staring at something but not really concentrating on it or knowing why you are? Just odd, plus I also shake my leg a lot and have done for a long time, but I can also stop it on demand if I want, must be a sub conscious thing too.