got back together
    declared that they're the love of each others lives
    had the biggest gay soap wedding of the century

and be in the process of adopting 6 Romainian orphans

or maybe not :D
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight sees more side splitting hilarity with Dan and Kerry when Dan overdoes the fake tan and stands there gurning away while Kerry tries to rub it off. Once again with these two it's the laziest, cheapest, most insulting infantile crap that can be seen anywhere on tv. Scenes that could be written by a 3 year old and acted by anyone with zero acting ability.
    A disgrace to ED and a good reason why this soap will never win anything while they continue to indulge in this level of insulting trash. More desperate Val and Eric trash on the way as well.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    Tonight sees more side splitting hilarity with Dan and Kerry when Dan overdoes the fake tan and stands there gurning away while Kerry tries to rub it off. Once again with these two it's the laziest, cheapest, most insulting infantile crap that can be seen anywhere on tv. Scenes that could be written by a 3 year old and acted by anyone with zero acting ability.
    A disgrace to ED and a good reason why this soap will never win anything while they continue to indulge in this level of insulting trash. More desperate Val and Eric trash on the way as well.
    :D:D:D:D

Another good rating last night eh? ;-)
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,728
    Forum Member
    Who do you think will have got together? - David and Priya/Debbie and Ross/Finn and Aaron
    Who will have broken up? - David and Alicia/Chas and James/Charity and Declan
    Who will still be together? - Eric and Val/Zak and Lisa
    Who will have left? - Pete and James
    Who will be... dead? - Donna
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Still in Yorkshire;-)

:D:D:D:D:D

Hopefully with James dead and Cain & Moira still together, and Chairty without so much as a pot to piss in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D

Another good rating last night eh? ;-)

A paltry 6 million on the main night of the week with miserable weather and a lead into BGT. Dire ratings imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A paltry 6 million on the main night of the week with miserable weather and a lead into BGT. Dire ratings imo.

Can you name another weekday programme at 7pm that gets a larger audience and audience share?
  • star89star89 Posts: 23,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who do you think will have got together? - David and Priya/Debbie and Ross/Finn and Aaron

I think that counts as cheating Alley :p:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Can you name another weekday programme at 7pm that gets a larger audience and audience share?

i don't care about that. I judge ED's ratings by what it was getting not too long ago. For the moment at least the decline in ratings looks to have bottomed out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't care about that. I judge ED's ratings by what it was getting not too long ago. For the moment at least the decline in ratings looks to have bottomed out.

Says it all, really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Says it all, really.

i don't watch them so why should i care about the ratings for the One Show or C4 news:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't watch them so why should i care about the ratings for the One Show or C4 news:confused:

You know full well that wasn't my point, spunger. The answer to my earlier question is that Emmerdale is the top rated weekday show in the 7pm slot - it has been for decades and will be for many years to come. Until it isn't, anything you infer about the ratings is totally irrelevant.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mostly correct. But I think Pete and James are here to stay.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »

I think James will be long gone by 2015....or maybe I'm just turning hoping into thinking?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pete maybe, but anyone can see that James has tanked. It would not surprise me in the slightst if he was high on the axe list when Emmerdale's next boss comes in!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete maybe, but anyone can see that James has tanked. It would not surprise me in the slightst if he was high on the axe list when Emmerdale's next boss comes in!

He is pretty popular away from digital spy. Most people I work with like him. I don't think he is too bad, didn't like the way Moira treated him and cant stand the way Adumb treats him. TBH, James is growing on me. Didn't like him till Moira stole the £10,000.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is pretty popular away from digital spy. Most people I work with like him. I don't think he is too bad, didn't like the way Moira treated him and cant stand the way Adumb treats him. TBH, James is growing on me. Didn't like him till Moira stole the £10,000.

That's around the time I switched off, so I'll have to take your word for it! :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's around the time I switched off, so I'll have to take your word for it! :blush:

Ahh pity that. Why have you switched off for good?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know full well that wasn't my point, spunger. The answer to my earlier question is that Emmerdale is the top rated weekday show in the 7pm slot - it has been for decades and will be for many years to come. Until it isn't, anything you infer about the ratings is totally irrelevant.

The ratings are varying from 6 million down to as low as 5.1 million. The telling point and turning point would come if it starts going below the 5 million barrier. Ratings of 4. something would look very bleak for a peaktime ITV soap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ratings are varying from 6 million down to as low as 5.1 million. The telling point and turning point would come if it starts going below the 5 million barrier. Ratings of 4. something would look very bleak for a peaktime ITV soap.

It would, but if it was still number one then believe me, ITV won't give a monkey's.
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,728
    Forum Member
    star89 wrote: »
    I think that counts as cheating Alley :p:p
    ;-)

Of the 4 new Bartons - Finn seems to have settled in really well, I love his scenes with Victoria and (strangely as I've never been a fan of his) with Robbie.

Ross - when he's in scenes with Debbie the sparks fly and I'm looking forward to him and Donna together.

Pete - just seems to have vanished again and James is a real disappointment. I was looking forward to James' arrival but I think ED have gauged it all wrong with the him having a fling with Moira and now being Adam's father. It seems to be going down like a lead balloon and he just doesn't seem to be working. Which is a shame because I think he's a decent enough actor but the material isn't doing him any favours.

I can see them both being gone (which is why I put them onto my list) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh pity that. Why have you switched off for good?

Not for good but certainly for the duration of Kate Oates's tenure. I just really don't like the tone of the show at all these days - I find it trashy, sensationalist, fluffy and camp. It's also insultingly unrealistic in any way, shape or form. For me this isn't what any decent soap should be like. It's no better than Crossroads at the moment! Sorry Benny! :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not for good but certainly for the duration of Kate Oates's tenure. I just really don't like the tone of the show at all these days - I find it trashy, sensationalist, fluffy and camp. It's also insultingly unrealistic in any way, shape or form. For me this isn't what any decent soap should be like. It's no better than Crossroads at the moment! Sorry Benny! :blush:

She showed a lot of promise. Some of the storylines are a bit too farfetched and I get fed up with St Charity getting away with murder.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Paltry?? It's not 5 minutes since you were predicting 4m+ :D:D

And how very dare you mention the weather when you regularly claim issues like the weather and other programmes are nothing more than excuses?? :D:D

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I totally love your hypocritical and skewed viewpoint now and hope you never stop. :cool: xx (No sarcasm there seriously - you genuinely entertain me and that's why I love DS). :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Just go with the flow on this, Cit. It's such fun. (Jeez, I've turned into Miranda's mother) :o:D:D