Dancing with the stars season 5 *SPOILERS*

SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
Forum Member
Hi All

Sorry if already posted, I did have a quick mooch about to see...

Saw an ad on UK TV Style this morning, saying that UK TV Gold has got the rights to show season 5 (the upcoming one with Mel B)

Comments

• La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, lucky you, if you have that channel. It's starting pretty soon, Jane Seymour aswell as Mel B are in it. :)

Some of us will be grateful to see it online, if poss. :cool:
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Is UKTV Style a Freeview channel?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on UKTV Gold, and no, it's a pay channel. Info in the DWTS thread about how to receive it.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Thanks, meant to say Gold (or all the UK TV Channels I suppose)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just flicking through TV Choice, and there's a small piece about the show starting on UKTV Gold next Friday at 9 - 10.20pm and then 10.30 - 11.30pm. I guess that's the Results Show? Just demonstrates how much the BBC must edit every week. I'm soooooooo gutted I can't watch this. :(:cry:

BTW Marie Osmond is also a Contestant! :)

P.S. In the pic of Jane Seymour she looks exactly like she did 25 years ago!! How does she do it????
  • jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of recording all these & not watching until the New Year when I'm in withdrawal from SCD. Also there is usually a dearth of stuff until Feb when all the new seasons tend to start so it will keep me going.
    Will I be able to hold out? That's the prob!
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is starting the day before Strictly Come Dancing comes on.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »

P.S. In the pic of Jane Seymour she looks exactly like she did 25 years ago!! How does she do it????

Two possibilities:

1. She has a picture in the attic
    2. I would refer you to an episode of The Twilight Zone entitled Queen Of The Nile
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Here`s a list of dancers etc.,
    Hope it`s up to date

Melanie Brown, singer and member of Spice Girls- partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Sabrina Bryan, actress, singer, and member of The Cheetah Girls - partner Mark Ballas Jr.

Hélio Castroneves, IndyCar Series driver -partner Julianne Hough

Mark Cuban, owner of Dallas Mavericks - partner Kym Johnson
    Jennie Garth, actress - partner Derek Hough

Josie Maran, supermodel and actress - partner Alec Mazo

Cameron Mathison, actor - partner Edyta Sliwinska

Floyd Mayweather, Jr., boxer - partner Karina Smirnoff

Wayne Newton, singer - partner Cheryl Burke

Marie Osmond, singer - partner Jonathan Roberts

Albert Reed, model - partner Anna Trebunskaya

Jane Seymour, actress - partner Tony Dovolani
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh thanks for the full list, I'm already rooting for Marie & Jonathan. :D

TBH apart from the people we know over here, the other *celebs* I've never heard of, so I don't feel so bad now about SCD having people they've never heard of in America. ;)
  • loulabelle44loulabelle44 Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably the group I've known the least of.

I know Mel and Jane of course. The only others I know are Wayne and Marie.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Raphael's doing a live webcast of tonight's show - see his his blog for details

http://journals.rpungin.fotki.com/dwts/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG! It's tonight already! :eek: Cheers for the link! Can I stay up???? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    Here`s a list of dancers etc.,
    Hope it`s up to date

Melanie Brown, singer and member of Spice Girls- partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy

See, now I'm torn as I really, really like Maksim (and I have to admit my reason to is pretty shallow!:o) but I really don't like MelB.... So I guess I'll be supporting them but grudgingly (is that even a word or did I imagine it?)

xxxxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stfrench wrote: »
    See, now I'm torn as I really, really like Maksim (and I have to admit my reason to is pretty shallow!:o) but I really don't like MelB.... So I guess I'll be supporting them but grudgingly (is that even a word or did I imagine it?)

xxxxx

I'm with you on this :D Well, theres two of us admitting to being shallow when it comes to Maks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bigtoe wrote: »
    I'm with you on this :D Well, theres two of us admitting to being shallow when it comes to Maks.

:D:D Hee hee!
    Any day Mr Chmerkovskiy takes his shirt off is a good day for me! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: I'm so rubbish at converting timezones, I thought LA was 8 hours behind, so an 8pm start would be around 4am for us.....but Raphael's site says there's only half an hour to go???? :eek::confused::cool::D:o

His site is totally brill BTW, what a great guy! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holy Moly, just watched the intro clip to reveal the stars - did I hear correct, Marie Osmond is a Mum of 8??? :eek: and double :eek: :sleep: *faints with shock*.

Also was wondering about Samantha the co-host as they revealed she was expecting back in May, so.....counting the months....I wonder if she's had the baby yet? She must be heavily pregnant if not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holy Moly, just watched the intro clip to reveal the stars - did I hear correct, Marie Osmond is a Mum of 8??? :eek: and double :eek: :sleep: *faints with shock*.

Also was wondering about Samantha the co-host as they revealed she was expecting back in May, so.....counting the months....I wonder if she's had the baby yet? She must be heavily pregnant if not.

Think she had it early. Possibly Drew Lachey taking her place, not sure though. It would be better a female co-host.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not keen on Sabrina, too cocky. I can see why Mark and Julianne won everything when they were dancing together. I hope they dance together on one of the pro dances
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great to see Derek on the show, and *swoon* over Alec.....:cool: bigtoe did you say he was married to Edyta? :eek:
    I actually liked that their Fox trot was mostly in hold, makes a change for DWTS. :)

TBH I can't really see the picture that great to judge the quality of dancing, as it's very jerky and sometimes freezes. Is this normal for webcam, or is it my broadband connection? :confused::(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really adored Jane's Fox Trot, beautiful routine, danced so lightly, she floated on air....again unfortunately the picture froze for a long time.....shall have to watch the clips again online when they're put up.....so wish I had bought UK Gold....:cry:

Jane - my fave. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great to see Derek on the show, and *swoon* over Alec.....:cool: bigtoe did you say he was married to Edyta? :eek:
    I actually liked that their Fox trot was mostly in hold, makes a change for DWTS. :)

TBH I can't really see the picture that great to judge the quality of dancing, as it's very jerky and sometimes freezes. Is this normal for webcam, or is it my broadband connection? :confused::(

No, mines doing that a little bit.Might be the time delay. Alec and Edyta are getting married soon. I think I've missed Derek, darn it. I'm not picking up the same vibe at all as the last series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane is 56.....she and Tony look the perfect match. Leeza Gibbons was so stiff in comparison, he couldn't do much with her.

Thanks to Raphael for the stream. :cool:
  • Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    I only got to see Mel B and Jane's performances but i thought they were really good.