American Radio Chart Shows

Comments

• Juan Carlos AraJuan Carlos Ara Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Premiere tries to respect the original shows. The person who remasters the shows has that point in mind when he does that .

What Premiere does sometimes is using original extras as Premiere extras and the stations which dont air those extras in some ways butch the show, but that is the station´s option.

Thou Premiere has butchered time ago some original extras, especially from the earlier 80s shows, that seems to be something from the past, because the shows are everytime more popular.

IMHO, premiere extras are pointless , but I know some people collect the re runs especially for them.

Even original End Year shows have songs butchered or shorted. It is hard to get 50 songs in a 4 hour show, plus commercials, then and now.
  • Apprentice 2 SAApprentice 2 SA Posts: 2,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Premiere tries to respect the original shows. The person who remasters the shows has that point in mind when he does that .

What Premiere does sometimes is using original extras as Premiere extras and the stations which dont air those extras in some ways butch the show, but that is the station´s option.

Thou Premiere has butchered time ago some original extras, especially from the earlier 80s shows, that seems to be something from the past, because the shows are everytime more popular.

IMHO, premiere extras are pointless , but I know some people collect the re runs especially for them.

Even original End Year shows have songs butchered or shorted. It is hard to get 50 songs in a 4 hour show, plus commercials, then and now.

I agree with you that there's normally a lot of respect in the remastering. I think that's why I have such a bad reaction to the 78 Chart of the Year, given how much respect there normally is towards AT40 from those remastering.

For example, I was very impressed that the extras for the Xmas 71 show were the three missing tracks from the original. Other than such examples, I'm not usually impressed with the extras, either.

Happy New Year to you, Darnall, and everyone else enjoying AT40!
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Happy New Year to you, Darnall, and everyone else enjoying AT40!
    Same to You ,And everyone :D

I wonder if Premiere are going to offer a 4 hour option for part 2 of the 1978 end of year show.Overnight Aussie radio station 2NUR played the second part unedited (and i did'nt record it :mad: )
    Forum Member
    Happy New Year everyone.

Part 2 of 1978 is the same edit of part 1, because the show was made in 2007 and Premiere normally re use material from shows already done in this part of the year , hollidays.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news from smooth 70s :D Chris posted
    We’re now playing two classic countdowns every weekend, with the American Top 40 now on both Saturdays and Sundays from 9am to midday. And this weekend we’ve a couple of year-end charts to enjoy...
    On Saturday morning (January 05), Casey’s counting down the top songs from 1978 from 9am and on Sunday (January 06), it’s the turn of 1970, with Casey playing the biggest 40 songs in full.
  • ClareBClareB Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I normally catch the Sunday evening repeats, so does that mean the second part of 78 will only be played on Saturday morning?
    Forum Member
    ClareB wrote: »
    I normally catch the Sunday evening repeats, so does that mean the second part of 78 will only be played on Saturday morning?

I understand that on Sunday´s slot the part 2 of Top 80 of 1970 is going to be aired rather that the re run of part 2 of 1978.
  • ClareBClareB Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks I'll have to try and catch it later.
    Forum Member
    But what I have not clear is if they are going to do both options , A and B , on the 2 different days´s slots from next week and go on.

Because it is not 100% sure premiere is going to serve 2 option offer always.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just heard a promo - Smooth 70s are going to first run a show on sunday morning then repeat it the following week on saturday maorning,so unless they air the alternate show on sunday night it's no change really :(
    Forum Member
    I understand that there is a new slot, Sunday´s morning, 9 am, to slot the alternative option.

Leaving the 2 known slots the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well they announced on the promo that on sunday morning they were playing the top 40 songs of 1970 and then repeating it on the following saturday morning so we will have to wait to see what happens (Perhaps next weekend there is no option B ;) )
    Forum Member
    OMG, Casey can´t control the butchering machine with Janet miss Jackson. The 1st song in at hour 2. (The 80s).:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad i listened to the second half of the top 100 of 1978 show on Saturday morning on smooth 70s as they have now scraped the Sunday night repeat :(
    Forum Member
    The 70s: The Top Fifty Hits of the 1970s - January 5, 1980. Special show .

The 80s: January 10, 1981.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another special ! - i would have prefered a regular show (and its a repeat - it was offered as a B Option in september last year :( )
    Forum Member
    It is the same show offered as special last september only for the australian market, so that means that show was ready then and now it is the moment for the rest of the world. It is a 4 hour show and it is a gem. It was aired the 1st week of 1980 and the End Year of 1979 was only a Top50 show because this special.

As far as I remember , it is the 1st 4 hour long special and it is pure 70s.

There is always a conflict with the 1st regular show of almost every year, because they are shows by sub hosts and that doesnt match with the idea of these re runs.
    Forum Member
    It was aired the 1st week of 1980 and the End Year of 1979 was only a Top50 show because this special.

As far as I remember , it is the 1st 4 hour long special and it is pure 70s

No way, it was not the 1st 4 hour long special. The 1st one has to be The Disco Special, July 7, 1979.
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member

Used to watch Casey's tv show on ITV years ago. Think it was on Saturday lunchtimes and late a night.
  • ozsatozsat Posts: 5,744
    Forum Member
    It used to be late night in some regions - we had it on Central back-to-back with the European Top 10.
    Used to watch Casey's tv show on ITV years ago. Think it was on Saturday lunchtimes and late a night.
    Forum Member
    This weekend shows

The 70s: January 20, 1973.

The 80s: January 19, 1985.

That explains how Smooth 70s has changed the schedule. No more option B shows, they have to know it in advance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There Might only now be an alternative option when a 1970/1971 mono show is offered
    Forum Member
    AT40 retro this weekend

The 70s: January 29, 1977.

The 80s: January 30, 1982.
  • richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    AT40 retro this weekend

The 70s: January 29, 1977.

The 80s: January 30, 1982.

Great, cheers JC