Software update FAQ

Comments

• NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure if this is the right place to sound off, but I am heartily sick to the back teeth that Sky in their wisdom have done away with the 3D channel.

You can now only get 3D movies from the Sky Movies list; we used to love the wildlife programmes broadcast in 3D, will now have to live without them :(

Not a happy bunny >:(
    Go to: SKY BOX SETS > 3D the 3d nature stuff is in there.
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    Nsewell wrote: »
    Go to: SKY BOX SETS > 3D the 3d nature stuff is in there.

Yes, I have since found that out, but it's not the same as having a dedicated channel where you can watch stuff without having to wait for it to download.
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    Plus, all the channel numbers have changed too, just when I was used to them.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was a mess NOT having 3d stuff available on demand. Now it is, I'm not sure I'll miss the channel, but we'll have to see how much new 3d stuff is added. I'm not optimistic.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    You do all know that sky's decision to remove the 3D channel is nothing to do with the actual software update?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    DRX89x boxes for some have been updated to R011.075.63.00P overnight.
    No details known yet of what was updated.
  • paulrmpaulrm Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Ever since the last update 36 hours ago, the search has been dead. I'm talking about the "blue button" search. It says "your box is still initialising...". It's been "initializing" for 36 hours.

And before it's mentioned, I did a total re-boot on the box.
  • HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    lettice wrote: »
    Interesting; mine's still on R011.075.62.00P

Nevertheless, the Search facility is working fine.
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,924
    Forum Member
    paulrm wrote: »
    Ever since the last update 36 hours ago, the search has been dead. I'm talking about the "blue button" search. It says "your box is still initialising...". It's been "initializing" for 36 hours.
    And before it's mentioned, I did a total re-boot on the box.
    Are the other internet connected facilities working OK, on demand etc.?
    :)
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    here is what the update is for
    http://skyepginfo.co.uk/Firmware/Versions/R011.075.63.00P.html
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else still get failed recordings due to software update on the 2tb box still?
    I have seem to have this a few times on late night recordings which is a bit annoying.
    Can the sky box not wait to update after the show has recorded yet?
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else still get failed recordings due to software update on the 2tb box still?
    I have seem to have this a few times on late night recordings which is a bit annoying.
    Can the sky box not wait to update after the show has recorded yet?

When boxes update and switch themselves off late night recordings get interrupted. It's frustrating.
    Forum Member
    http://skyepginfo.co.uk/Firmware/SkyPlusHD.php

The DR Streams for the pace boxes and 780's have been disabled so bye bye forced updates for they boxes
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »

The DR Streams for the pace boxes and 780's have been disabled so bye bye forced updates for they boxes
    same for the Samsung boxes also. it looks like the other boxes go a update send out to them last week. R011.075.64.00P
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

same for the Samsung boxes also. it looks like the other boxes go a update send out to them last week. R011.075.64.00P

I wonder if that means they are officially removing those boxes and preparing for the new 4K boxes?
    Forum Member
    R011.075.64.00P wasn't officially in the DR stream yesterday when I looked but seems to be now (again for 890/895 boxes only)
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think we will ever be able to watch something else whilst recording two other programmes? it's surprising how many times this problem comes up :) something I miss when we had to ditch VM.
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,926
    Forum Member
    New software version downloaded to one of my Sky boxes last night:-

R012.079.47.00P

If you join a Sky Movies channel where the film has already started you get an on screen message to "Watch From Start by pressing (Green Button symbol) to download" - a Watch From Start option also appears on the channel banner when on screen.

You can now create a "Watchlist" of favourite movies in Sky Movies - place movies you haven't yet seen or downloaded in it and it tells you when and where they are available to view - if available on demand it shows how long they are available if less than one month.

Sky Movies tab has a new "From Planner" option showing all movies you have recorded or downloaded from Sky Movies.

Also in Sky Store and Sky Movies there is a "More Like This" button option to browse recommendations.

EDIT - More info here including some Sky EPG pics from down the years

https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/2015/introducing-even-more-great-new-features-to-sky-movies_
  • tvsatweektvsatweek Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like sky to add In the watch list a section where you can add movies that you have seen in the programmes called
    The top ten show
    That you like
    So I like for example
    No escape
    I could add it to a list and then my sky+ hd box would alert me it is on sky movies this coming Friday
  • testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    Google " Sky Never Miss".
  • tvsatweektvsatweek Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are they going to bring the movie part to the sky+ hd box
  • testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    Maybe I misunderstood your original question, but Never Miss will notify you by email when a movie or series you want to see will be aired on a Sky channel.
    Forum Member
    A bug fix update has been issued for R12 but it's not on the DR stream yet

• RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,926
    Forum Member
    A bug fix update has been issued for R12 but it's not on the DR stream yet

Yes. I received it overnight.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not even received the first edition of R12 on any of my 1TB or 2TB boxes