Options

cancelled sky tv but its still active

Holmesc1Holmesc1 Posts: 111
Forum Member
I cancelled my sky tv service last month and they said it would cease at end of the 31 day notice period, which ended yesterday but i have still been watching sky today including the on demand stuff. Anyone know why this is happening

Comments

• Options
    innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    The kill signal hasn't been sent to the viewing card in your box yet. Sometimes it can take a few days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Will enjoy it for free while i can. hopefully they wont bill me. The sky broadband was stopped on friday as they said it would
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Finally de-activated wednesday however i still get scuzz, kerrang and a few more music channels so kinda freesat + a few extra channels. Dont miss sky at all
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holmesc1 wrote: »
    Finally de-activated wednesday however i still get scuzz, kerrang and a few more music channels so kinda freesat + a few extra channels. Dont miss sky at all

That is because they are FTA non subscription channels (although not on the freesat EPG). What you are receiving now is FreesarFromSky - which has virtually all the FTA channels plus a few FTV (subscription free but encrypted and require your Sky card to view - Motors TV, Sony TV, Sony Movies etcwhich has a lot more channels than the freesat service which requires a lot of channels to be added manually and viewed in "non freesat" mode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My parents have freesat built into there tv and cant get kerrand and scuzz which i get on sky box
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holmesc1 wrote: »
    My parents have freesat built into there tv and cant get kerrand and scuzz which i get on sky box

Read my reply again - they are NOT on the freesat EPG but should be able to be tuned in manually in "non freesat" mode. The Sky EPG lists virtully all FTA (and subscription) channels (and those channels pay to be there) and the freesat lists only those that pay to be on it (juust over 50% of all the FTA channels). Many channels choose to only pay for the Sky EPG (which is better value for money for them - 10 million+ Sky subscribers versus 1.5 to 2 million freesat households).