IMPORTANT - You will be charged £5 for BT Sport automatically.

Comments

• dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    £5 a month it will cost you, for all the channels. Dirt cheap if you ask me, unless of course you won't be watching any European or FA Cup footy from BT. You can also downgrade to get BT Sport 1 free, for PL games only (but may need to recontract, that will only push your recent contract forwards by one month though). To avoid recontracting and any costs, you can cancel BT Sport altogether.

May well be good value for money, but at the end of the day they got people to renew contracts with the promise of free BT Sport. Not just free BT Sport 1, I would not have renewed my contract for just the one channel.
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    £5 a month it will cost you, for all the channels. Dirt cheap if you ask me, unless of course you won't be watching any European or FA Cup footy from BT. You can also downgrade to get BT Sport 1 free, for PL games only (but may need to recontract, that will only push your recent contract forwards by one month though). To avoid recontracting and any costs, you can cancel BT Sport altogether.
    I would hardly call BT'S broadband dirt cheap and I say that as a BT customer.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,526
    Forum Member
    I would hardly call BT'S broadband dirt cheap and I say that as a BT customer.
    But I didn't say that! Mind you, I'm not disputing what you say... separate issue though (and is why they can do BT Sport so cheaply).
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes had i had known BT were gonna start charging £5 a month for all sport channels i wouldnt of renewed my contract.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    Yes had i had known BT were gonna start charging £5 a month for all sport channels i wouldnt of renewed my contract.

Also just remember that when your contract expires...if you haven't renewed or switched suppliers BT Sport Lite will no longer be free and they will start charging you £6.75 per month.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swills wrote: »
    You already pay £3 for HD, after this change you will pay another £5 as long as you agree to a 12 month contract, if not it's 6.50

It's not, if you out of contract you will pay £6.75 + £5.00 + £4 HD.

The £6.75 will just get you BT Sport Lite if out of contract not the BT Sport Pack...BT Sport Lite is only free while you are in contract.
  • missbtsportmissbtsport Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    rang BT tonight just to confirm my contract deal , it is as a long term customer I will still get BT sport 1&2 and ESPN + the euro channel Free as a BB customer through the Sky box. :)
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    I look forward to reading many reports from others who are also getting all that for free, citing your deal as a precedent.
    I assume that the channels are all in HD completely for free too of course.
    :)
    Forum Member
    Dave-H wrote: »
    I look forward to reading many reports from others who are also getting all that for free, citing your deal as a precedent.
    I assume that the channels are all in HD completely for free too of course.
    :)

yes they are I have never paid for HD, its a no brainer for BT don't charge me £5 or lose £35
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    yes they are I have never paid for HD, its a no brainer for BT don't charge me £5 or lose £35
    Prove it!!
    Ian.
    Forum Member
    THOMO wrote: »
    Prove it!!
    Ian.

prove what. I pay £24 phone and bb inf2 £11 line saver rental, when I first took BT sport HD I was told it would be FREE as long as I did not cancel BB and true to their word it still is, when I got the e-mail about the £5 increase I rang to cancel, I was then offered the deal I have now BT Sport 1 2 ESPN + EURO CHANNEL at no extra cost ,I save £5 and BT still get £35. you are a mug if you pay more like all the mugs who pay $Sky the full amount
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prove what. I pay £24 phone and bb inf2 £11 line saver rental, you are a mug if you pay more like all the mugs who pay $Sky the full amount

Funny you said you got your BB package down to £16.00 a few posts back.

And funnily enough no mention of free HD either, just getting the £5 off...you really must be careful what you post.
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Funny you said you got your BB package down to £16.00 a few posts back.

And funnily enough no mention of free HD either, just getting the £5 off...you really must be careful what you post.

that's because since then I have up graded my bb to 76mbps I have never paid for HD as that was part of the BB deal when I first took up BT SPORT
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Then prove it like Thomo asked!
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    prove what. I pay £24 phone and bb inf2 £11 line saver rental, when I first took BT sport HD I was told it would be FREE as long as I did not cancel BB and true to their word it still is, when I got the e-mail about the £5 increase I rang to cancel, I was then offered the deal I have now BT Sport 1 2 ESPN + EURO CHANNEL at no extra cost ,I save £5 and BT still get £35. you are a mug if you pay more like all the mugs who pay $Sky the full amount

So they did you a deal?

Didn't you once say that Sky were stupid for doing deals with customers to keep them, and they should just charge the lower price in the first place?

I assume that makes BT stupid for doing the same thing then, maybe they should just charge the lower price you get for everyone?

Be interesting to hear why you would think not, as you are still yet to answer that question!
    Forum Member
    So they did you a deal?

Didn't you once say that Sky were stupid for doing deals with customers to keep them, and they should just charge the lower price in the first place?

I assume that makes BT stupid for doing the same thing then, maybe they should just charge the lower price you get for everyone?

Be interesting to hear why you would think not, as you are still yet to answer that question!

I think you have answered you own question. so what dose that make you, and I will leave you to answer that :p
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    I think you have answered you own question. so what dose that make you, and I will leave you to answer that :p

As I've said, I don't believe you, unless you've just got proof. Anyone can come on here and claim things on here, but most have a source or proof. But you haven't provided any. Just statements, without any evidence.
    Ian.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, the only part of my post that answered the question was:
    I assume that makes BT stupid for doing the same thing then

So you agree with that then, good, glad to see you compare both companies fairly without any bias.

Not sure I understand the "what does that make you" comment though.
    Forum Member
    Well, the only part of my post that answered the question was:

So you agree with that then, good, glad to see you compare both companies fairly without any bias.

Not sure I understand the "what does that make you" comment though.

in many ways I do agree with what you say, it is good for every one that we now have two large companies providing a choice for sport content, and as in all competition you pay your money and make your choice. but I think you and I will never agree on everything and makes discussion more entertaining than some of the sport BT & Sky broadcast :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in many ways I do agree with what you say, it is good for every one that we now have two large companies providing a choice for sport content, and as in all competition you pay your money and make your choice. but I think you and I will never agree on everything and makes discussion more entertaining than some of the sport BT & Sky broadcast :)

Not wanting to agree, just wanting a straight answer to a straight question, don't understand the unwillingness to answer?

Did you, or did you not say, Sky were stupid for offering deals? Yes or no will do.

Have BT offered you a deal? Yes or no will do.

For the record, I have Sky, BT broadband and BT TV, so I use both companies, based on my own needs, no axe to grind with either, just straight choices and opinions.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Hi,

I've had an email from BT saying I'll be paying £19.99 a month from now on - does anyone know if this is per box? I currently have multi-room and HD BT Sport and pay £21.50 a month for both boxes.

Is this going to be £40 for multiroom?

Doesn't say anywhere in the documentation emailed to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Hi,

I've had an email from BT saying I'll be paying £19.99 a month from now on - does anyone know if this is per box? I currently have multi-room and HD BT Sport and pay £21.50 a month for both boxes.

Is this going to be £40 for multiroom?

Doesn't say anywhere in the documentation emailed to me.

Standard prices are here:

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-sport-on-sky-packages/

£19.99 for BT Sport
    £4.00 for HD
    £5.00 for Multiroom
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    So £30 a month then?

Have I got to pay the activation fees again?

Jeeeeeeesus :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    So £30 a month then?

Have I got to pay the activation fees again?

Jeeeeeeesus :(

I wouldn't have thought so, that's what you pay when you join.
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    I called BT to cancel the sport pack today - no fuss, no argument, concluded in 2 minutes.