So, Danny Dyer...

13»

Comments

• Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    TTTango wrote: »
    George Lamb is a Fan. He must be Dire.

Don't think George is a fan. He's always taking the p!ss out of him on his radio show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An icon for all the wrong reasons.......

its strange, on DS pete doherty gets slammed for his drug antics but Sid is an Icon, yeah right.

I like the pistols but sid was a waste of space, A big waste of space.

g[/QUOTE

I know lots of people who 'idolise' sid vicious because ..... well, because they THINK they should to be cool and say 'hey I'm all grown up' - question them and they aint really got a clue who he is,what he did, etc etc etc

ridiculous

there's nowt wrong with danny dyer - all these chumps saying 'who is he' have probably seen his movies etc and have never even heard anything by sid vicious

Grow up, I say
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmm Yes, I would hoist his legs into the air....
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AaronG wrote: »
    I like Danny Dyer. He's fit.

Love his accent too. Bit of cockney dirty talk would do me nicely.

I also think he suffers from snobbery. Because he has a strong London, working class accent and isn't one of these 'luvvie' actors, people think he's fare game to take the p*ss out of.

To me he seems like a decent guy. Although I dislike movies so never watch anything with him in.

......but you would...wouldn't you? I mean.....mmmmmm *licks lips*

i agree and it IS snobbery.

all the idiots (on here and the press) going on about his cockney accent... having met him several times that IS the way he speaks. he has a working class london accent. so what??

he comes across as just a normal bloke. funny, very self deprecating, knows what sort of an actor he is and that he gets offered sterotyped roles.

breath of fresh air actually compared to the idiots we have to put up with, all usually too scared to criticise anyone in case it damages their careers

plus he's been quite open about trying it with men too - not many blokey actors would do that.

he's great i think

and has that laidback sexiness i find very appealing
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    everytime dire opens his fat flabby face he has something to promote - this time its his new west end show

you think he has a 'fat flabby' face?? let me guess - you are the sort of person who reads Heat and think 'fat' is an insult (even though he is far from overweight..).

and as for promoting something - SHOCKING! would you believe it! an actor speaking to the press when he has a play out he's trying to sell tickets for! whatever next! :-0
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    PJ68 wrote: »

all the idiots (on here and the press) going on about his cockney accent... having met him several times that IS the way he speaks. he has a working class london accent. so what??

he comes across as just a normal bloke. funny, very self deprecating, knows what sort of an actor he is and that he gets offered sterotyped roles.

breath of fresh air actually compared to the idiots we have to put up with, all usually too scared to criticise anyone in case it damages their careers

plus he's been quite open about trying it with men too - not many blokey actors would do that.

he's great i think

I've always found him very amusing and rather charming myself.
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    you think he has a 'fat flabby' face?? let me guess - you are the sort of person who reads Heat and think 'fat' is an insult (even though he is far from overweight..).

and as for promoting something - SHOCKING! would you believe it! an actor speaking to the press when he has a play out he's trying to sell tickets for! whatever next! :-0

I'm assuming they would say the same if it was Helen Mirren, Judi Dench, Ian Mckellan.....yeah right......Haven't people worked out yet that yes people do promote their shows in this way and get asked questions that they then respond to?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparky07 wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you have seen any of his 'Dedliest Men' documentaries on Bravo then you will know the reason he decided to do this series was to get rid of his 'hardman' image.

He quite clearly states that he hates reading about himself in papers, magazines etc because he is portrayed as this London gangsta ....

.... he actually says that he avoids confrontation and is a family man who spends the majority of his time with his kids!

in the last episode he states that he doesnt mind playing characters in films and people sla**ing him off becuase at the end of the day its not him, its the character. what he doesnt like is the 'hardman' 'badboy' image that he cant avoid because of his accent and what journalists write about him in the news.

If you were to sit and watch the series then im sure you would have a different view on him as a celebrity and a human being!

I agree with you entirely, having watched his documentaries
    he seems like a really lovely bloke, always talking about
    his missus and kids.
    He's never claimed to be a "hardman" in real life, infact
    stating he's just the opposite.
    I also love all his films, and as a bonus he's really easy
    on the eye:D
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    when did he 'dabble?'
    Hasnt he been with his girlfriend/wife for years?
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    It's not his Cockney accent........I've got one of those too.

He's just a crap actor.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when did he 'dabble?'
    Hasnt he been with his girlfriend/wife for years?

i think she's his fiancee or she may still just be his girlfriend, i'm not entirely sure.. but yes, they've been together (with occasionaly breaks, but not on-off all the time) since school
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    It's not his Cockney accent........I've got one of those too.

He's just a crap actor.

I agree,, he's dyer..sorry :D
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Didn't he have a relationship with Samantha Morton?

I can't stand her either, strangely enough.
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    He's just a crap actor.

He's a fine actor as long as he's playing the cockney geezer type, basically himself. I like Severance, so he's made one thing I like.

He's right about Sid though, little talent and a total waste of space, just so happened to be in the right place at the right time, who apart from teenagers admire and idolise Sid Bleedin' Vicious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member

he's great i think

:) His films are his work...people see him as what they see on the tv...... glad you think he's great, he puts up with a lot of stick from folk. He is just a normal, down to earth guy, hes lovely :)