• ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One word:

Hollyoaks
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The remake of Randall and Hopkirk or Live From Studio Five or...there are so many!
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Deal or no deal" wins hands down!
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    X Factor
    Britains got talent
    Anything else that sees Mr Cowell making an unfair mockery of the public.
  • Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X Factor ( Hate everything it stands for and the bland 'singers' it produces)
    Anything with Katie Price in. (Awful, detestable woman)
    Big Top (Surely they must knew it was crap after filming one episode)
    All Jeremy Kyle/ Trisha / Jerry Springer type shows.(An insult to viewers intelligence)
    Mike Yarwood shows in the 70's. (I always thought he was a crap impressionist)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter9999 wrote: »
    Not forgetting the dreadful sitcoms of Carla Lane.
    I'll second that, Peter. and that man who wrote 'I didn't know you cared' back in mid seventies. Only for people too stingy too buy a Leonard Cohen record and get properly depressed.
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy_G wrote: »
    Mike Yarwood shows in the 70's. (I always thought he was a crap impressionist)

At the end of the show he'd say "And this is me!" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    doffer wrote: »
    At the end of the show he'd say "And this is me!" :D

And that was the least convincing impersonation he did!:D

Terrible little man...
    Forum Member
    Anybody mentioned 'Sex and the City' yet?

I've never seen it, but I know I hate it more than I hate anything ever in the history of television...
    Forum Member
    Absolutely Fatuous?
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    stripedcat wrote: »
    Yeah I vaguely remember Heil Honey, I'm Home it was on BSB in the early 1990s!

Here is a clip on Youtube :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbj9otRPdiM

It was incredibly bad!

I think you should also mention Triangle with Kate O' Mara, El Dorado(although I didn't think it was that bad compared to Triangle!), Celeb with Harry Enfield, Mad About Alex, According to Bex as some pretty lacklustre sitcoms from the BBC!

Honourable mention to Eddie Izzard's unfunny sit com Cows!

The thing was designed to be a merciless parody of 1950's US sitcoms. I think it was meant to be in bad taste just like Mel Brooks' Producers (Springtime for Hitler was designed to be in bad taste in the first place but inexcplicably became extremely popular).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    Curiosity, I guess. It's not every day you see a naked quiz show! :D I'm sure it would have had huge epic ratings if they had attractive women as the contestants!

I feel called on to defend it. I found it rather engaging. There was something refreshingly unselfconscious about rather chubby middle aged people running wholesomely about with their kit off. Why shouldn't the plain and ordinary feel happy with their bodies? No one was forced to watch if they couldn't stand the unreconstructed human form.

I thought Calum Best's 'Can he not have sex for 10 minutes?' rtv series was the worst pitch I have ever heard, but I would be lying if I said I'd watched it.

Suffocatingly twee: Rosemary and Thyme.
    Staggeringly unfunny: Bo Selecta.
    Badly misfiring: Dennis the Menace. Now I love the Beano, but the tv animation is awful.
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,641
    Forum Member
    Of recent years - that AWFUL 'sitcom' with Caroline Quentin in it that is a bad clone of My Family and After You've Gone.

Why is it BBC comedy writers can only produce one type of sitcom - the bland middle class in west London 'family' comedy?! At least when My Family came out it was a little sharper and funnier than the rest but this latest Caroline "I always play someone a bit chunky and mumsy" Quentin vehicle takes the biscuit. At least they axed After You've Gone after perhaps realising a dose of pubic lice would be more pleasant in comparison.

See, I can't even remember the name of it!
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you mean Life of Riley, and you're absolutely right, it's horrendous.

Any show that incorporates the name of the central character (think "Brittas Empire", "Grace Under Fire" etc.) is starting off with a major handicap. It's as if the writers and producers think we're going to look at the TV listings and go "Ho, ho, check this out....the lead character's surname is RILEY and the show is called Life of RILEY...my word, that's comedy genius that is. The programme is bound to be high quality family entertainment with a laugh a minute script. I must watch this tonight on my tellybox." Er, no. you lazy b'stards, write some decent comedy and we might actually watch it.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    personaly i think murder she wrote is the crappiest thing I have ever seen.

will and grace, a very unfunny copy of friends, with gay people in it.

I do think the xfactor is crap but I find it entertaining so I can't really complain. But it's the same old thing now. Same with BGT. kid singers, dance groups, trained dogs. I just get fed up with it. and last years xfactor really took the biscuit.
  • James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Mad About Alice!

Awful beyond words.
  • radyagradyag Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coming of Age, by some distance.

The All-Star Impressions Show is on Youtube, if anyone's interested.

I agree, coming of age has to be the worst thing ever made in the history of television.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear they are doing a remake of The Persuaders its been shlved till 2011, can they do us all a favour and not bother

As for rubbish shows ELDORADO
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Life of Riley
    Any Carla Lane
    Eastenders
    That Jasper Carrot Pc boxticking sitcom
    Red Dwarf
    Doctor Who
    Rentaghost

....But mostly Eastenders- Gritty realism my arse.

P.S. Iiked Love Island. Watching Abi Titmuss' Fantastic tits slowly browning over the course of a fortnight.....